PDA

View Full Version : predator problems list

riggsracing
07-06-2004, 11:24 PM
list your predator problems

Mitch_McComb
07-07-2004, 08:37 AM
The Back Tires break traction due to too much Power..
and the stock Gas Cap Vent kept tearing off. I just purchased a stronger line.

440exnacsracer
07-11-2004, 11:45 PM
dont have enough time hehe, ill try to remember all, and yes, i do have reciepts, im not making this up. im just listing replaced parts to make this quick
-front plastic-rear plastic-grab bar-main frame-rear shock-right tie rod end-rear caliper bracket-wiring harness-tail light-headlight-rear hub-chain-and a bunch of nuts and bolts that fell off:( :rolleyes:

Braff1
07-12-2004, 12:47 AM
ball joints time 4 (since new model balljoints added no probs) replaced under warranty
tie rod ends (replaced under warranty)
rear chain, replaced under warranty.
steering stem (bent in wreck)
replaced tires with xcr rears and xc fronts.

I race xc gncc and local series. With a few gearing changes and a pipe it is a good bike.

SiPredator
08-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
dont have enough time hehe, ill try to remember all, and yes, i do have reciepts, im not making this up. im just listing replaced parts to make this quick
-front plastic-rear plastic-grab bar-main frame-rear shock-right tie rod end-rear caliper bracket-wiring harness-tail light-headlight-rear hub-chain-and a bunch of nuts and bolts that fell off:( :rolleyes:

What the hell? :huh I've owned my predator for 2 years, rode it very hard in races/trails/tricks and it has hardly broken on me. How did you manage to damage yours so hard? The only plastics that have broken on mine are the back, which usually happens to people. My grab bar/frame have never had a problem. Neither has my headlight. And the nuts and bolts are your fault. Tighten that chit man. I usually take real good car of mine after every race or big weekend and tend to problems automatically, so it is less likely to break or die on me while i'm racing or just taking it for a spin around the yard.

And just for people's information, Polaris Predators are great atv's. And even if you do have any problems, Polaris replaces them every time. Great company.

440exnacsracer
08-08-2004, 01:13 PM
o, i know how to take care of a quad and i do know that i tightened the fender bolts about once a week, and that was something i never had to do on my ex, and my 400ex is also a 99, and has stock plastic and been rode just as hard. just cheap plastic from polaris,....and im not really bashing on polaris or anything,...they did replace all of this stuff except for the wiring harness, but my warranty was out and it was the dealers fault. when they replaced my frame, they pinched some wires and then said it wasnt theyre fault, anyway, luckily since the warranty went out, nothing major has went wrong. i really do wish i had waited and got the 2nd year model though, they did alot of good updates and they are supposed to be great machines, just didnt do their research on the 1st years

Fred55
08-08-2004, 02:09 PM
2 frames
1 a arm
steering stem and bars
2 sets of front plastics
1 rear set of plastics
2 airboxs
1 set of rings

I think that is it?

440exnacsracer
08-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey fred, we have something in common, i just found out my frames cracked again hehe. o well, rath has a gusset kit that looks good. probably tear mine down this winter and gusset and paint the frame:rolleyes: