PDA

View Full Version : I hate ppl who give us a bad name!

SSracingNY
07-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Well I work for a big landscaping company and we are doing most of the work building a golf course. Well we hydroseeded last friday and we came in today to squirt the other fairways and in the spot we sprayed friday, a few dumbasses ripped it up so we had to rerockhound it, rake it back out, and spray it again. Why do people have to do that. So annoying and wastes not only materials but time. I could been home an hr before i came home if it wasnt for those fools. and ofcourse the accident that held up traffic but still. Last yr when a lot of the construction end of things was going down there, the owner set out some logs b/c they kept flicking him off and rode away. Well the did it again and they couldnt get around the logs and he set the boom out on the backhoe and blocked them in. Called the cops, they took their bikes and everything. There was like 7 of them. But apparently it didnt do anything. I mean yea it looks irrisistable to go rip around it but damn.

So all you ppl who wanna rip up land. RIP UP YOUR OWN DAMN YARD! cuz your going to get caught when ya least expect it

quadracer511
07-07-2004, 02:35 PM
yea i hate people like that they give all of us a bad name n the last thing this sport needs is more bad publicity gettin more stuff shut down

fastexgirl4c
07-07-2004, 03:25 PM
i agree but..wat if the people have neighboors that are gay and call the cops on u everytime u ride..im not sayin go rip up someone elses..but maybe u should at least ask if u can go ridin there be4 u go rip up someone's yard..
this is y we need more tracks .. states should have a ridin area at least for these people

Ralph
07-07-2004, 03:28 PM
i blame it on tv...:)

SSracingNY
07-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by fastexgirl4c
i agree but..wat if the people have neighboors that are gay and call the cops on u everytime u ride..im not sayin go rip up someone elses..but maybe u should at least ask if u can go ridin there be4 u go rip up someone's yard..
this is y we need more tracks .. states should have a ridin area at least for these people

yea but like 4 or 5 within the state centrally located. i think with the riding areas that there wont be much of this problem.

the owner of the course always tells them to stay off b/c its going to be a golf course. I think before this was all going down it was "their" riding area. or where they always rode and now that ppl are kicking them out they think its theirs and theres nothing the owner can do. just my 2cents

SSracingNY
07-07-2004, 05:20 PM
hey matt, you still gettin a CR since your tryin to get that quad/bike team?

ReconRider25
07-07-2004, 06:49 PM
hey ssracingny, i seem to remember posts by you where you were saying you ran from cops and the such. so theyre giving us a bad name but your not? seems like ur a hypocrite.

07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
yea when u run from them thats ok but soon as they do sumtin to u its diffrent hmmm:rolleyes:

D11NR
07-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
hey ssracingny, i seem to remember posts by you where you were saying you ran from cops and the such. so theyre giving us a bad name but your not? seems like ur a hypocrite.

:eek:

SSracingNY
07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
my point is dont rip **** up thats not yours. i wasnt ripping stuff up, i was passing through. i got like 10acres that i can rip up and noone cares. why would i rip up some1 elses

07-08-2004, 03:39 PM
u said u hate people that give us a bad name and uve said uve run from cops that gives us a bad name to

PHAT400
07-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3
u said u hate people that give us a bad name and uve said uve run from cops that gives us a bad name to

:rolleyes: YUP!

WOracing
07-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Mike i think they got you:eek: :eek2: :D

WOracing
07-08-2004, 04:50 PM
i think this thread should be discontinued...

SRH
07-08-2004, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ReconRider25
hey ssracingny, i seem to remember posts by you where you were saying you ran from cops and the such. so theyre giving us a bad name but your not? seems like ur a hypocrite. [/QUOTE

there u trying to cause trouble again, u and that killingkfx 400 kid are godram flamers fdeifjxcns u fod man hippopatamus :mad:

WOracing
07-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hey ssracingny, i seem to remember posts by you where you were saying you ran from cops and the such. so theyre giving us a bad name but your not? seems like ur a hypocrite. [/QUOTE

there u trying to cause trouble again, u and that killingkfx 400 kid are godram flamers fdeifjxcns u fod man hippopatamus :mad:

:eek2:

SRH
07-08-2004, 05:35 PM
if i run from cops wearing a pair of pumas, does that give puma a bad name? or if im golfing on the thruway, and i run does that give golfers a bad name

those ******* golfers always play there golf on I76 ohh we should ban golf

SSracingNY
07-08-2004, 05:54 PM
well i see SRH is on my side. running from cops doesnt give a bad name to the sport or w/e your representing. just a bad name to the doer of the running. how often you hear on the news that a few quadders or bikers ran from cops. NEVER! how often you hear about quadders/bikers rippin **** up or gettin hurt for stupidity. as often as it happens

NTPracing22
07-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by SSracingNY
Well I work for a big landscaping company and we are doing most of the work building a golf course. Well we hydroseeded last friday and we came in today to squirt the other fairways and in the spot we sprayed friday, a few dumbasses ripped it up so we had to rerockhound it, rake it back out, and spray it again. Why do people have to do that. So annoying and wastes not only materials but time. I could been home an hr before i came home if it wasnt for those fools. and ofcourse the accident that held up traffic but still. Last yr when a lot of the construction end of things was going down there, the owner set out some logs b/c they kept flicking him off and rode away. Well the did it again and they couldnt get around the logs and he set the boom out on the backhoe and blocked them in. Called the cops, they took their bikes and everything. There was like 7 of them. But apparently it didnt do anything. I mean yea it looks irrisistable to go rip around it but damn.

So all you ppl who wanna rip up land. RIP UP YOUR OWN DAMN YARD! cuz your going to get caught when ya least expect it

I can relate to you compltely. Having my own landscaping company and seeing how much damn time goes into a lawn, it almost gets my viens stickin out when kids rip it up.

It makes me look back on my days of rippin up people's lawn and feel really bad about doing it.

deathman53
07-08-2004, 06:47 PM
there is a golf course near my house that some guys on atv's did the same thing, just make hasles for all of us. I didn't get harassed about it, but I know two people that did and it wasn't pretty, they didn't get harrassed too much because they had totally different tires than the tracks they found on the property. It makes the whole sport look bad and gets the attention of cops. Where I ride is illegal, but we don't piss anybody off, nor atract any attention and the cops stay away. I got away with riding down the street for 1/4 to the tracks for almost a year, by putting the bike and going slow, I got busted by a cop and I got off because of no complaints. I don't understand why people must attract attention by doing stupid stuff.

ReconRider25
07-08-2004, 06:54 PM
there u trying to cause trouble again, u and that killingkfx 400 kid are godram flamers fdeifjxcns u fod man hippopatamus

:huh :huh i aint causin trouble i just dont see why ripping up land gives us a bad name but running from cops dosent. cuz around here i know it does cuz it happens.

diesel-mech
07-10-2004, 04:01 AM
A guy that owns 7 acres across from the local country club built a sweet MX track on his land (way outside the city limits) 2 weeks later the sheriff came out and made him level the ground and he is no longer allowed to ride on his own property! The reason that they gave the guy is it made the country club look bad and disturbed the members!
I say to that guy (who is justified) rip the he\\ out of the course! I wouldn't ride on property without permission personally but this guy is being told what to do with his own land! And if he does, I hope he has new tires:devil:
To all the landscapers... I see your point about being angry but look at the bright side, Its not your fault they do this stuff and its job security.

I worked at that same country club for years and I here to tell you its a total waste of some great riding space:blah:

Sportrax10
07-10-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by diesel-mech
A guy that owns 7 acres across from the local country club built a sweet MX track on his land (way outside the city limits) 2 weeks later the sheriff came out and made him level the ground and he is no longer allowed to ride on his own property! The reason that they gave the guy is it made the country club look bad and disturbed the members!
I say to that guy (who is justified) rip the he\\ out of the course! I wouldn't ride on property without permission personally but this guy is being told what to do with his own land! And if he does, I hope he has new tires:devil:
To all the landscapers... I see your point about being angry but look at the bright side, Its not your fault they do this stuff and its job security.

I worked at that same country club for years and I here to tell you its a total waste of some great riding space:blah:

I would be soooooo pissed... How could they do that? I would have kept on riding... :mad:

3x440ex
07-10-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
:huh :huh i aint causin trouble i just dont see why ripping up land gives us a bad name but running from cops dosent. cuz around here i know it does cuz it happens. well i don't care if you run from the cops but peoples property is their property and if you go ripping MY **** UP!that i worked hard on and have alot of money into......then i'm PISSED!....how about if I come over to your place and slash the tires on your quad for no reason other than to just have fun...it's the same thing....Distruction of someones property...Running from cops don't hurt nobody, it just pisses the cops off, it's nothing to be proud of but alot of people do it......stay in the woods and don't **** with peoples ****!.....period.

400exdad
07-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Running from cops? WHY? If you were legal in the first place or have permission to ride on the land you are on, you wouldn't have to run. :eek2:

As far as "running from the cops don't hurt nobody".... I beg to differ. It escalates to a point where somebody can get hurt... it might be you or some innocent person walking down the street.. like a kid on a bicycle. Adrenaline can make you act in ways and push the envelope that are almost limitless. JMHO

SRH
07-10-2004, 09:50 AM
running from the cops isnt the atvs fault and it doesnt come off like that, do you ever that as an excuse to ban them ? no tearing up land and destroying nature is alwyas the reason used,

400exdad
07-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Honestly, I am probably over concerned about the way folks look at ATV's... but to me, anything and I mean anything at all that makes ATV's look bad is just that. A quad could be cruising down the street at a reasonable speed and folks would say... well you know, but let a dirtbike go down the same road at twice the speed and folks won't give it a second look. Does anyone agree?

FTR250Rnif
07-10-2004, 12:36 PM
some kids just have no common sense and that is why we always get in trouble. a few kids can ruin it for all of us..and thats the way it works:grr:

diesel-mech
07-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Honestly, I am probably over concerned about the way folks look at ATV's... but to me, anything and I mean anything at all that makes ATV's look bad is just that. A quad could be cruising down the street at a reasonable speed and folks would say... well you know, but let a dirtbike go down the same road at twice the speed and folks won't give it a second look. Does anyone agree?

Sorry but I disagree. Around my area it is common to see a quad go down the road. Everyone figures its for farm use or something unless they are in full riding gear, Oddly if they have no helmet on they get less attention than those who do. If they have a helmet on they may be joy riding and not working. But as for a dirtbike, No farmer around here uses a dirt bike for farm use so therefore they are up to no good. usually nobody make a big deal out of it if they stay off the road, obey traffic rules when they have to get on the road, and don't tear up other peoples property. Even the sherrif's look the other way unless there has been a complaint filed or they call tell the riders are causing trouble.

TWISTED
07-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SRH

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Pappy
07-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad

agree...ill give you an example!

when i moved to WV almost 2 years ago, you could ride anywhere on almost any road. the police did not "chase" you unless you were acting like an idiot. it was legal and not uncommon to pass 20 quads on a main road on a weekend.

3 dirtbike riders where killed early last summer setting off the stupidity. all 3 were on dirtbikes, all 3 seperate accidents on teh roads.

whats the county do? ban atv's from any paved road:ermm:

NO ATV"S HAD BEEN INVOLVED IN A FATAL ACCIDENT! and you can still legally ride your dirtbike on the road here:scary:

muddy400EX
07-11-2005, 07:05 PM
i think that running from cops on quads DOES make quads look bad because right now, everything is twice as bad when it happens on quads because so many people dont like them. just like when somebody gets killed or injured on an atv there is a big fuss about it and they put it in the paper while people get killed in cars and on motorcylces everyday but its not nearly as big of a deal.

and for the guy that does the golf couse, if it was there old riding grounds then that definately makes since that they would tear it up because they are prolly pissed as hell right now, not that it makes it right but ive lost riding grounds before and it really does piss ya off

07-11-2005, 07:34 PM
quad tear up everything no matter what. Thats why sleds are so much more welcomed. There is the occasional dirtbiker but its basically quads. even if ur a responsible rider u can't prevent goin threw mud sometimes.

reconmaster
07-12-2005, 04:04 PM
what i hate is ppl doin burnouts and that stuff on the roads i mean i ride down the road 2 get to the main trail because the trails tat i use have plants growing in them or the hay hasn't been cut off yet and I don't want 2 piss farmers off seein how I live on 1
I ride sleds the thing I don't like aboput other sledders is some drink and ride alot go through farmers land thats not trail we like quads almost loose trails or do loose them next season and how some ride till 3am in the mornin goin through ppls drive ways what kinda stuff is that I don't here about quads or bikes doin that
95% or more of the time I try 2 do what I am supposed 2 do slow down in town unless I have 2 be back at home or work atr a certain time, for walkers and byclers all the time somethin i notice some sledders don't do