PDA

View Full Version : works shocks??

300exPat
07-06-2004, 07:51 PM
listen im on a really tight budget and unless anyone has any better shocks for a 300 or 400 for sale under 400$, i was wondering if works shocks are as bad as everyone says?

will they work for mx riding, i want to go to englishtown sometime this summer but i want new shocks and exhaust, then i still need boots and knee pads to ride there....

the only thing i know im doing is using a 01 raptor shock for the rear

anyone have any ideas??

dynofox
07-06-2004, 08:15 PM
From what I understand if you still have stock front shocks works will be a huge improvement. Not as good as custom axis or elka's but still a good over-all shock.

Toadz400
07-06-2004, 10:05 PM
They are much better than stock, just not as good as Elka, TCS, etc.

If you only have the money to buy Works, then go with them. As long as they are valved right, they should work great for you. If you save up some money after that, I'd get the Pro Millenium Kit from DeRisi, I've heard nothing but good things about that and it's supposed to make it much better.

redrunner
07-07-2004, 06:21 AM
For the short time i rode my works they were great, but they were not set up exactly for me either. many, many times better than stock. If you are going to have some built new I weould suggest going with a relocator and getting some more travel from the front end. It wont cost anything more than the relocator.;) Check the rules for you class to make sure you can run a relocator!

Juggalo
07-07-2004, 01:44 PM
nothin wrong with works at all. i love mine!

300exPat
07-07-2004, 05:36 PM
thanks guys, i really appreciate it