PDA

View Full Version : MO MHSC Round 5 Tebbetts

motoboy66
07-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Whos is going, and who has been there so I know what kind of terrain to look forward too? I'll be rolling in sometime saturday morning, see you all there.

TDBRPH
07-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Looking for the same info anybody have any insight?

yfz450xc
07-07-2004, 04:45 AM
Tebbitts/ the grave yard !!!!
Fast course fairly wide lot of fields and small jumps in the fields, tricky spots in some places that look safe just one of those fast course you have to be on the look out for fun though, I'll be down w/ the wife and boy, terry will be working it possibly .
First race since I messed my self up there last year ; lesson look for clean spots to pass also watch out for the fence crossing w/ the bridge over it, the cows and the grand canyon depending on which way they take us through it really tight and severe off camber maybe only 1 bike wide and the walls are at least 15 ft high.
Have fun see ya there.
B class

TDBRPH
07-07-2004, 09:43 AM
YFZ

thanks for the input !! Rocky or muddy? And lastly does anyone know if they will have the track open to walk through on Friday night!! This race is only a 1/2 hour away so I am planning on being there. This will be my 1st MHSC race and my 3rd race ever so still trying get everything down.

Thanks
Triston

Carl Nevins
07-07-2004, 02:51 PM
i guess i'll be there racing.........back and forth to the cooler.

burrows
07-07-2004, 03:10 PM
We are all going. Michael, Zac, Dan, Earl, Bradley and his new tooth that he knocked out at Marshfeild.
Hope the cows and pigs stay out of his way.
Momma B

07-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Fast course fairly wide lot of fields and small jumps in the fields, tricky spots in some places that look safe just one of those fast course you have to be on the look out for fun though, I'll be down w/ the wife and boy, terry will be working it possibly .
First race since I messed my self up there last year ; lesson look for clean spots to pass also watch out for the fence crossing w/ the bridge over it, the cows and the grand canyon depending on which way they take us through it really tight and severe off camber maybe only 1 bike wide and the walls are at least 15 ft high.
Have fun see ya there.
B class

so what exactly are u sayin here...its fairly wide with fields and jumps...but places u can wreck if ur unaware? what exactly do u mean...if ur in an open field...how can u wreck :confused: ...and there are animals on the track :huh ...where is this severe off camber...is it a str8 or like a woods section...and are we in the canyon or on the top of it...is this course rocky, muddy, dry, what all is in it to be aware of

yfz450xc
07-08-2004, 05:47 AM
crl I am sure you will be waving at me to and from the cooler I know your faster there LOL.

It's a fast course and anything happens w/ weeds being high and rocks and small ditchs in them , and you will be inside the canyon if they do it the same way.
The rest you will have to see on the practice lap like all of us , any one can guess these but no one knows till they get there and do a lap , it's up to the land owners ????????

Momma B is Bradley the young one in which that was his first race ????
If it was I saw him out there tough little guy !!!
See ya all there

burrows
07-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Bradley was on the warm up lap when he hit a rock that rolled him into a tree. His handle bars came up under his helmet some how and broke his front tooth out. When he came in he was in quite a bit of pain so he didn't go back out when the race started but I do think I know the little boy you are talking about. He is pretty good. He takes his time and looks like he is having a good time. I think he is in the stock class but am not for sure. He was at parkhills also.
Does anyone know how long the track will be and if it has rained down there?
Seems like it rains here some everyday.
Everyone have a safe trip to the race and a safe ride. Momma B

yfz450xc
07-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Down here ( st Louis )way its about the same w/ the rain a liitle or a lot every day real sporadic, tell earl and pam and everyone we'll see ya down there.

79400ex
07-08-2004, 12:09 PM
I will be there in the senoir classs. What you need towatch out for is the hide ditches in the tree lines from the open field. Liike evereyone say it si very fast. Watch the water in the creek it could be deep with all the rain we have year. It also will be the hotest race of the year.

07-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
I will be there in the senoir classs. What you need towatch out for is the hide ditches in the tree lines from the open field. Liike evereyone say it si very fast. Watch the water in the creek it could be deep with all the rain we have year. It also will be the hotest race of the year.

there is still some woods racin and tight stuff i hope...it aint just a drag race the whole time is it? the open sections have long turns...like long wide ones you can slide around like a rally car?:devil: ...if its anything like westphalia ima like it...i love that course:macho

toby400ex
07-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Ill be there.

07-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Have fun see ya there.
B class

how did u get hurt there?....also how is the start...off the bike...on the bike...behind it...what is it?

79400ex
07-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
there is still some woods racin and tight stuff i hope...it aint just a drag race the whole time is it? the open sections have long turns...like long wide ones you can slide around like a rally car?:devil: ...if its anything like westphalia ima like it...i love that course:macho
There is tight woods on one side of the road but on the other open fields and creek riding. As for turns in the open very few. Fast straight ways broken up with ditch crossing in treeline in the field. as for woods above trails have been riden on alot for racing so opened up a light. about a nine to ten mile track.

07-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by 79400ex
There is tight woods on one side of the road but on the other open fields and creek riding. As for turns in the open very few. Fast straight ways broken up with ditch crossing in treeline in the field. as for woods above trails have been riden on alot for racing so opened up a light. about a nine to ten mile track.

how bout the start...how do u start?

79400ex
07-09-2004, 08:53 PM
The start is dead egine on hte bike. Very short run to first turn.

5valves
07-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Anyone know if the company taking pics at the race has a web site available to view them.
We were pitted next to them and didnt see anything.
I heard that they had some good pics of the bikes on Sunday.

How about those stumps on the first lap along the fence row. It did get better with more traffic.
That Ravin was great, once you got dropped down into it you could fly.
I also liked the creeks, great way to cool off.

See ya in two weeks
Ryon #226

TDBRPH
07-12-2004, 09:14 PM
I thought it was an extremely fun course with a great mix of terrain. It was my 1st MHSC race and I had a great time. My only goal was to finish :) The biggest mistake I made was forgetting to tape my hands. Can you say blisters .....Cant make the next race but I am looking forward to Newark.

Triston

burrows
07-12-2004, 09:15 PM
We were there Saturday and they said they did have a web site but never kept it up. They were not going to put these pics on their web site due to the fact people copy them off and don't buy. If that is the case they should copyrite. We were told they will be at the next Missouri race. So maybe we can see them then. We were the same way. Right after the race we were ready to go home so didn't see them. Momma B

motoboy66
07-12-2004, 11:25 PM
I had fun. The first lap killed me, but after that I was having a blast. sorry to any of the B class racers that I might have held up during the start when I almost fliped my poor EX on the uphill. I enjoy seeing picture that people take, but noone ever seems to post any on here any more. If I don't race one of the races, I'll be sure to try and get a bunch of pictures for everyone.

yfz450xc
07-13-2004, 04:45 AM
Motoboy, I got your plaque I'll have it w/ me at Florence, were going down thursday to help them set up , always a interesting course and tight hopefully not to dusty, a creek or 2 for sure, I did see some of those pics they were selling and looked really good took them along time tough, they have them from our other races as well.
Momma B tell Daniel I'm gunning for him at newark going to try a heavy flywheel this time HAHA.
See ya all at FLORENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toby400ex
07-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Me had lots of damage. half mile into race i hit a rock so hard it bent the wheel bad enough to not let the tire hold air, then down the hill from that my seat falls off, and then many more times after that, then burnt clutch cable and some other shnizznals. I think i saw that HN400exracer didnt have a good day either cuz im pretty sure i passed him with 3 tires. HAHAHAHA

07-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Me had lots of damage. half mile into race i hit a rock so hard it bent the wheel bad enough to not let the tire hold air, then down the hill from that my seat falls off, and then many more times after that, then burnt clutch cable and some other shnizznals. I think i saw that HN400exracer didnt have a good day either cuz im pretty sure i passed him with 3 tires. HAHAHAHA

lol..u hear that martin :blah: ...i was in 2nd place and got passed by a preddy...then us (the top 3) pulled away big time...and the predator...the dumb@$$ that he is...wussied out on that second ramp on the open str8 and i tagged him hard in 3rd gear...messed me up for about 4 minutes...i finished the race tho...but in 24th...:( ...woulda done good if not for that...and i seen u toby...i was riding behind u for a little by the bridge crossing...where everyone got stuck...made up some time there...at least enough to catch up with the C class after my wreck