PDA

View Full Version : RD 4 SOCCS July 18th @ Uncle Bills

humboldt hills
07-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Rd 4 of the SOCCS is just around the corner on Sunday July 18th.
There are alot of new trails and some good passing spots.
The course is 2.5 miles and its a blasts
Let me know if your coming.
Thanks
Jay

atvchik
07-06-2004, 06:42 PM
I'll be there!

I'm staying out of the hanging vines this time:D

trict_out
07-06-2004, 08:04 PM
I'll be there also, couldnt miss out on one of these races after the Rd. 3. Hows this course compared to HUmboldt?

Scott Kawi700
07-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Alot flater and alot tighter!!! But still tons of fun!:D

popo
07-07-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Scott Kawi700
Alot flater and alot tighter!!! But still tons of fun!:D

I new a girl like that one time :p

cdalejef
07-07-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm a maybe

trict_out
07-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Alot flatter thats good some of those muddy hills were killin my 300 at humboldt. ANd with the tighter trails hopefully i will be at more of an advantage?

07-07-2004, 08:30 AM
since it is less than a hour from the house I plan on going. this is the closest race I have ever been to in my life!!!!!!!

240GNCC400
07-07-2004, 11:08 PM
i should be there. right now i have some engine issues and will be lucky to make millfield. should be good to go by the soccs though.

trict_out
07-09-2004, 06:55 PM
do they enforce the kill switch rule at uncle bills heavily? i kinda misplaced mine.

humboldt hills
07-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by trict_out
do they enforce the kill switch rule at uncle bills heavily? i kinda misplaced mine.

It is a good Idea to have one. It makes it safer for everyone not just you. And they are not expensive. We will probably have a vendor there that will have one. But we do not run you thru tech inspection.
Jay

Garrett
07-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Alot flatter thats good some of those muddy hills were killin my 300 at humboldt. ANd with the tighter trails hopefully i will be at more of an advantage?

You wouldn't happen to be Adam A. would you?

------------

Planning on coming. The yzf is running better than ever. Lets see if the rider can keep his head in it this time. :o

woodsracer420
07-11-2004, 09:05 PM
hopefully ill be there, it will be my first race since the winter classic, Ive had 6 months of quad trouble so I cant wait!

trict_out
07-13-2004, 11:24 AM
You wouldn't happen to be Adam A. would you?

Yeah Garret i am Are you the one that rides with bryan? ..If so ive heard good things about your riding.

atvchik
07-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
since it is less than a hour from the house I plan on going. this is the closest race I have ever been to in my life!!!!!!!

Well?????? Where were you? Was Hatfield calling your name?
You missed it...Scott didn't break/lose a single part this time, lol!!
There were a whole 4 bikes running Pro. It was lookin' kinda bare up on the front row without the Quadshop guy's.

cdalejef
07-19-2004, 08:53 AM
TheQuadShop guys were at the 6 hour race.

Scott Kawi700
07-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by atvchik
Well?????? Where were you? Was Hatfield calling your name?
You missed it...Scott didn't break/lose a single part this time, lol!!
There were a whole 4 bikes running Pro. It was lookin' kinda bare up on the front row without the Quadshop guy's.

Yea I even managed to get a plaque with a picture of some skinny guy on an ATK on it:blah: :D :devil:

It was a good track. Still tight in the woods but they added many open sections that made it nice for passing.

07-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Wait am I not a quadshop guy?????????????

i wasn't at the 6 hour!

but i wasn't at this race either. too many things came up at the house. and the bike is in pieces right now!

humboldt hills
07-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Results are up from The Independence
go to www.humboldthills.com

Boy Howdy did we get some good video from the race sunday? You bet! I am working on some good race reports when I get done watching all the video.

Thanks to everyone for showing your support for our new series.
It has been a wonderful learning experience for all of us!

Thanks
Jay

humboldt hills
07-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Points are updated as of July 20th, 2004
go to www.humboldthills.com and click on the link
Later
Jay

07-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Is there practice or anything going on the day after the kids triatholon?

humboldt hills
07-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Is there practice or anything going on the day after the kids triatholon?

Nope, there will no practice that weekend. we all will be sleeping in on sunday. Then cleaning up and such.
Jay

07-20-2004, 09:08 AM
That's no fun!

humboldt hills
07-20-2004, 10:20 AM
That's no fun!
Come on now,
We will be open just about every other weekend.
You are more than welcome to come help clean up!
Get your work done then you can ride!
Jay

atvchik
07-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Are the open practices just for the mx track area or are you going to have a full xc track laid out?

humboldt hills
07-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by atvchik
Are the open practices just for the mx track area or are you going to have a full xc track laid out?

Both, kink of?
The trails and Track will both be open for practice.
But the trails won't always be marked.
Most of the time, unless its close to a club race weekend, it will be 2-way traffic in the woods.
The MX track will always be seperate.
Jay

atvchik
07-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Okie Dokie!
Guess I better get on it so Trict-out doesn't beat me again:blah:

trict_out
07-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Congrats everyone in round4.......

i'd say you wouldnt have to work to hard atvchik seems where ever i am that kfx isnt far behind.

humboldt hills
07-22-2004, 06:25 PM
I am uploading pics from the independence as I type this , so they should be up around 9pm est.
go to www.humboldthills.com and look for link
later
Jay

trict_out
07-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Check out the pics on jays website i come out 3rd on the wholeshot on my 300ex and flipped it back on that damn hill out of the mudhole, took everything i had to get back to 15th after everyone passed me. Man there was one kid there on a 330 that i was chasin all day. I seriously had a blast but it wasnt fun racin with no front brake the rest of the day. Tabytha if you wouldnt have let me pass you then iyoud prolly whipped my ***.

atvchik
07-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Your start was great!! Good pic!
When we got to the hill there was someone backing down it (I couldn't tell who)...so we went right. The next time I came around everyone went right again. I thought the hill was bypassed and no one was using it cause it was too tight or steep and they couldn't get up it. I wasted a bunch of time going around it. Then on my 3rd or 4th lap I saw someone go up it so I did every lap after that.
That was my first race all season where I didn't tag a tree/person/roll/or fly off my bike/or get stuck, lol!!

Are u going to the D-11 on Aug 1st?
Or the charity thing on Aug7?

trict_out
07-23-2004, 09:48 PM
lol that was me backin down the hill i flipped back and in no time flat i had it back on 4 wheels tryin to get it backed down and get myself back in the race but it was to late everyone had already went by me. I wasted so much time cuz after that i went around everytime do to my lack of testicular fortitude after the roll. My racin season is pretty much over cuz football is startin and i cant get hurt and mess up my startin qb spot. But ill be at every race checkin up on your progress. lol it was fun while it lasted, now its time to get the 330 kit and some suspension. Tabatha do you know anyone in ohio that does pc'ing?

atvchik
07-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Your best bet for pc'ing is to pm Pappy. I think you'll get a better quality than anyplace I could recommend locally. Scott and I will be getting some done later this year-hopefully ;)
Have fun at fb practice~

Garrett
07-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Fun (fast) track! Tired me out.

I couldn't see the man dropping the flag though. Sitting on the line looking all around trying to find him, not paying attention to how much time went past when everyone takes off. :eek:

Still had both feet on the ground and I think the kickstart lever was still pushed in too. By the time I got it started I think I was the last person to the first turn. Worked out ok I suppose.

You got great start trict_out. Started to wonder what happened though when you didn't come out of the woods untill late.

Garrett
07-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey Jay, on the points for the heavy weight novice you have Rusty Gragg in 4th behind Steve Clemens who is in third. Should be switched around?? Gragg has 44 points and Clemens has 35 points.

trict_out
07-25-2004, 10:57 AM
thanks garrett i got out of there alot quicker than the bigger quads but i was tryin to haul so much *** i wrecked on the exact hill you told me to watch out for. We need to get Storts dumb *** to race. thatd be a trip

Garrett
07-25-2004, 04:47 PM
I'd pay Bryan to see him race.

humboldt hills
07-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Garrett
Hey Jay, on the points for the heavy weight novice you have Rusty Gragg in 4th behind Steve Clemens who is in third. Should be switched around?? Gragg has 44 points and Clemens has 35 points.

Thanks Garrett, I will check it out.
In case you didn't know, There is open practice at HHMC on the weekends.
Later
Jay

trict_out
07-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Jay am i dreamin or did i hear somethin about a mx track being built at humboldt?

humboldt hills
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Jay am i dreamin or did i hear somethin about a mx track being built at humboldt?

You Dreamt it woke up and its here.
We are breakin it in this weekend.
Come check it out.
Later
jay

trict_out
07-30-2004, 04:43 PM
The track was a blast jay! (even when your ridin by yourself) Ill make sure that i bring some friends down to thoroughly break it in. Hope u got some good pics. Take it easy