PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboarding

K2Snow
07-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Well I was out wakeboarding for the first time all weekend and absolutely fell in love with it. I was able to get up the 3rd time and got up every time after that. By the end of the weekend I was able to jump the wake, do a couple of grabs, and occasionally land a frontside 180. 360s were close but I am trying to get used to keeping the rope in your hands. I found it really similar to snowboarding and was surprised at how far I was jumping on only the 3rd day. Anyway, I might be heading out again this weekend and was wondering if anybody could give me any other tips? I can carve and turn really well and have gotten the concept of slinging yourself into the wake. Any other pointers? Also, how does board sizing go with a wakeboard. I was using a rather large board and would have been a bit more comfortable spinning with a shorter board.

TheFontMaster
07-06-2004, 07:57 PM
I dont really have any sugestions because I've never done it before, but I really want to try it. How simmilar is it to snowboarding? I been looking for something to replace snowboarding for the summer.

partyboy300ex
07-06-2004, 08:02 PM
the board size depends onyour im 150 and ride a 138 board

K2Snow
07-06-2004, 11:05 PM
I actually found wakeboarding to be very similar to snowboarding despite what others said. It felt so close to snowboarding the way the water and the wake simulated different terrain on land. Crusing along was just like the snow, bending knees to compensate for bumps. Turning was generally the same although it was tough to get the boar to respond as well on water as it did on snow. Jumping felt exactly the same in terms of balance and technique. I consider myself fairly adept at snowboarding which was a huge help when I got on the water.