PDA

View Full Version : jetting question? please read

olyeller
03-28-2002, 01:14 PM
A couple of guys i know with 400s have had them since 99 org owners and they both have slip-on pipes but, they both have had there pipes for a couple of years also. Neither of them has ever jetted their bike. they both sat that they don't think they need to either and neither of them has ever had any problems with the motor so, ... I jst got my pipe on about a month ago and i rode and thoght i could use some jetting due to backfireing and my head pipe was turning blueish. so I went to the honda dealer got a 155main 42 pilot. So I guess my question is what would be the long term affects of non jetted motor to a jetted one.

thanks

Texan32
03-28-2002, 01:35 PM
long term effects=seized motor

If you don't rejet, the motor runs lean. When the motor runs lean it runs hot. When the motor componants get hot, they become weak. This leads to busted springs, froze valves, broken rod, seized piston.....getting the idea. Jets are entirely too cheap not to put in and save the motor. Also, you will definately feel the power go up when you get more fuel to it. Personally, i think not re-jetting with a new pipe is just plane dumb.

PsychoDave
03-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Lean = Burnt valves over time!!! + everything Texan32 said

Deathbringer
03-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Uh yeah what he said...too cheap not to do..

VegasEx'r
03-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Another advantage is that you should be faster rhan both you friends. :cool:

olyeller
03-29-2002, 04:47 AM
thanks, I have basically told them the same thing and they just seem to shrug it off, so owell also how could i tell if i was still running to lean even after rejetting?

Wheelie
03-29-2002, 08:22 AM
Drop the clip on the needle one notch as well. With the jets you mentioned above, running lean should not be a concern. Set your air screw out 2 turns.