PDA

View Full Version : Glamis: Halloween 2001

08-28-2001, 12:39 PM
Anybody think they are going to make Glamis for Halloween this year? We're getting a pretty good size group together. Should be a blast and a hell of a party as well. It would be cool to meet up with some fellow EX'ers there and PARTY!

desert-rider
08-28-2001, 09:01 PM
Not into the big crowds. Hear to many horror storys. How is it on halloween? We where planning on the weekend before. But i might come down and play for the day, if the wife will let me out :)

08-29-2001, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I've only been to Glamis once before on an off weekend as well, but I have heard what your talking about people gettin smashed and then taking off on there bike half naked. I work with a guy who has been going to Glamis every year since the mid 80's and he says you just gotta kinda watch yourself and do most of your hard riding in the morning when all the retards have hangovers. I mean I drink, party, and get stupid but I know not to be an idiot. Last time we had key/plug keepers if any of us got full of liquid courage and thought we wanted to go race got our key pulled and used discretion on when we were "alright" to ride. It sounds kinda lame now but worked well.

desert-rider
08-30-2001, 10:49 PM
no dosent sound lame! sounds like you have a head on your shoulders:) that you actually use. Not much of a drinker myself i like to ride. the morning is defentally the best time. no one starts riding tell well after 10am.