PDA

View Full Version : Pipe and sprocket question....help me out if you know...

Trx450rMX33
07-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Alright well i've had my 450R for a few months now and i love the thing to death especaially going from my blaster to this....well after a few months of racing it pretty much stock(K&N Air filter, beadlock rear with holeshots, and grooved radials up front) im finally getting and making a mod thats gonna make a difference.... Yes i ordered my Sparks exhaust and i should be getting it either this saturday or if not like deffinetly monday....Well like any other person im pretty siked to get this....I got the Full Sparks exhaust with ceramic header cause it was the same price and i heard it made your header pipe run cooler....well to my question and enough rambling on....before i got my exhaust i was gonna put on a 13 tooth sprocket and i wanted to know if anyone who put one noticed a positive gain....and also if they did get a positive feed out of it, if it would be good to put on the 13 front sprocket with my sparks cause ill be getting more bottom end with that....so this is where im stuck....im not sure what i should do....Help a fellow 450R rider out
Oh ya!... i race motorcross in pa where theres a lot of hills...thats why im wondering about the 13 tooth for the bottom end...

chris450R
07-05-2004, 10:04 PM
yeah the 13t sprocket really helped alot for mine. i race mx too and it takes off great with 13t on there. i am not sure what it will do with the sparks exhaust on there too. but you may end up keeping your stock 14t on. c-ya , chris

Trx450rMX33
07-06-2004, 12:37 PM
alrght thanks man, i guess ill just wait to see what happens with my exhaust and all when i get it if no one else tells me what all they think.....Thanks

CdaleXtreme
07-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey Timmy, I would go with a 16 front for that top end speed for cruisin down the the downhills :rolleyes: Whats up timmy this is Kyle. Just thought I woudl give a little advice ;)

Sportrax10
07-06-2004, 02:05 PM
IMO, the stock sprockets are a great set-up... I have a 13t Rental front sprocket that im not useing.. The Sparks gives me great lowend and im now used to the long first gear...

Jetting was simple so if you need any help just ask on here. The jetting on Sparks website is great and is recomended by me... Good luck with your 450!:D

Trx450rMX33
07-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
Hey Timmy, I would go with a 16 front for that top end speed for cruisin down the the downhills :rolleyes: Whats up timmy this is Kyle. Just thought I woudl give a little advice ;)

Hey thanks kyle....Guess what i should be getting my Full Curtis Sparks exhaust (ceramic header) either this saturday or monday at the latest....so are you racing Steel City this saturday the 11th....its the Finaly Fox/Suzuki Suzuki series...Im in the lead so you beat your @$$ ill be there:devil: ...well i hope my exhaust gets here for it but if not ill have it for next race....Oh yea...your gonna have to travel nationals with me and jordan next year.....hes gettin a big trailer....well ill see you at the races and if you have Instant MEssanger, instant message me "Lilsuperman033" lata dude:macho

Trx450rMX33
07-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
IMO, the stock sprockets are a great set-up... I have a 13t Rental front sprocket that im not useing.. The Sparks gives me great lowend and im now used to the long first gear...

Jetting was simple so if you need any help just ask on here. The jetting on Sparks website is great and is recomended by me... Good luck with your 450!:D

Thanks man, have you tried your 13t ft sprocket, and did your sparks exhaust come with the jet, if so what size, cause i seen on sparks website that they recomend a 190 jet, thats a big jump from the stock 118, i have a 122 with my K&N but i still have my air box cover on...so i think ill go up like 1 or 2 jet sizes from what they say so i can remove my airbox lid, what do you think:confused:....thanks man, i appreciate the help:p

07-06-2004, 07:53 PM
I run a closed air box stock cover with a full HMF system and a sparks air filter. I run a 155 main jet. So 180 to 190 is right for open air box.