PDA

View Full Version : Quick carb question from a newbie....

Quick6
07-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Just got my 400 back together (clutch), now when I turn my fuel on i'm getting fuel pouring out of the bottom of the carb. It looks like there use to be a hose attached where i'm loosing the fuel. Directly to the right of the choke lever facing the rear of the quad. Yes I had it on its side for a few minutes, but it seems like a lot of fuel and it isnt slowing. Where does this hose run? Thanks in advance.

pat

quadmxracer
07-05-2004, 08:29 PM
There is a drain screw there next to the hose you speak of. Turn it in untill it stops and will fix it if its been loosened somehow.

INFANTRY RACING
07-05-2004, 09:22 PM
take a screwdiver and tap on the side of the bottom of the carb . sounds like a stuck valve.

Quick6
07-05-2004, 10:35 PM
The screws tight, and I tried banging on the side of the carb, its still pouring fuel, guess i'm going to have to pull the carb and have a look at the float and needle. Any more ideas? Thanks.

pat

cals400ex
07-06-2004, 12:43 AM
i assume you put the fuel line back on the tank?

yeah, i would take the carb apart and clean it out if everything else looks good.

Toadz400
07-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
take a screwdiver and tap on the side of the bottom of the carb . sounds like a stuck valve.

This works suprisingly good:D . Helped me with the problem on my Banshee carb.

If tapping doesn't do it, clean the float valve out and make sure nothing else is dirty in your carb, then if it still leaks you can try tapping the bowl.

LazeR
07-07-2004, 01:10 PM
make sure all of your clamps are tight! I took my gas tank off and put it back on and ran it without the clamps at first... then i put them on and the next time i turned my fuel on it just poured gas outa the overflow hose! So i put the clamp on and made sure it was tight and ran it and then shut it off and it hasn't leaked since!

Quick6
07-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Fixed, took the bowl off and cleaned the internals. Thanks guys.

pat