PDA

View Full Version : What happened in your 1st race

08-28-2001, 12:37 PM
I just wanted to hear some peoples stories of your 1st race, whether it's TT or MX,,:D

trx400ex
08-28-2001, 03:08 PM
i would love to answer this question :)

004exkid
08-28-2001, 05:04 PM
My first race was a 1hour harescramble on a old yz80 when i was about 10. Im sure I probally got lapped by some people in my class, and i almost ended up going backwords on the track. Well first races are always a good learning experience.

08-28-2001, 06:08 PM
my first quad race i got 5th but my first bike was when i was about 11 on a bike ( cr 80 ) i got a great start but got blown away and got like 11th outta 14 or something...my first 125 race was when i was 14 and got a great start 3rd into the 1st turn got taken out about ran over and then i got up went over the (bonzi) double just to find a dude picking his bike up well you guessed it he didn't look and pulled it up infront of me welp no time to stop i t-boned him, broke my new shoei helmet and my clutch lever dnfed the 1 st moto and in the second i got 13th outta like 28 i think but that was also my last 125 race..i like my quads later toby :devil

08-29-2001, 08:15 AM
Well mine wasn't anything real spectacular,,It was a quad race. I wheelied out of the gate and figured I'd be in last place at the first turn.. Well I ended up about 5th out of the gate and finished 2nd. The second moto went about the same but I ended up 4th which give me an overall of 2nd for the night,,,I never thought in a million years I'd end up with a 2nd place trophy from my 1st race against about 14 other riders,,:D

004exkid
08-29-2001, 04:01 PM
Hey 51 when u talk about the "bonzi double" do u mean the one at sleepy hollow ? I race PA district 6 also. Do you still race d-6 ?

canadian400ex
08-29-2001, 06:39 PM
My first race was last year on my rm250, I ended up holeshoting both moto's and finished second in both. I was surprised at the outcome. My first race on my quad wasn't quuite as fun. I was doing pretty good, I was in 3rd ( i think) I was getting some big air (two 65-70ft doubles and a 70 foot tabletop). Then I landed on the rear tires of one of my buddy's and went over the bars hard. Broke my arm, my wrist in two places had some pretty sore ribs and was pretty scratched up! I'm going to race my first mx race since the crash on sunday. Crashing gets you down but it kind of goes with the game!!:devil

08-29-2001, 06:52 PM
oo4exkid-you know the jump at sleepy hallow? yes thats the one i am reffering to..i have been racing dist 5 lately but if i get my quad back together then i'd like to be down before the end of the season...you race there as well?

JhallettEX
08-29-2001, 07:15 PM
My first race, only 3 weeks ago, went pretty good. I got 5th, then 4th, and then 5th again. I decided that I would have to buy some new tires before racing again so I went out and bought some ITP Holeshots MX's on douglas .190 rims. The next weekend I went out and had a really good start. I remained in 2nd till the last lap and got passed (Now in 3rd) then on the last turn my beed broke and the guy behind me passed me, he was on a Scrambler, so I ended up getting 4th. Got back to the pits to inspect my tire and I noticed a 3 inch gash in the sidewall. The guys a Rocky Mountain ATV took care of me and replaced it for free.--- FYI--- They have the best tires prices around.

004exkid
08-30-2001, 09:14 AM
51 -- I dont race mx but I was up at sleepy the other week. I race all the flyingdutchmen harescrambles and the state harescrambles series. Did you race motorama ?

krazykurtk
08-30-2001, 11:53 AM
My first race was at the Amateur Stadiumcross Champonships in Wisconsin 2 months ago. I placed 8th out of 15. I couldn't believe I did this well, especially after crashing during my first practice lap. But that was just plain stupid of me. I thought I was at a double, but it was a triple and planted my front bumper on the face of the 3rd hump. Since that day, I've been hooked!

rhino99
08-30-2001, 12:22 PM
My first race I was on a 300ex. I was totally nervous and intimidated as I had never even been on a real MX track before and didnt really know how things worked or what to expect. It was real muddy, so in practice the quads had to go out first and plow a track through the mud, no one was jumping or anything as it was so muddy in one turn the mud on the outside of the groove was above my tires, so I wouldnt have wanted to try and pass on the outside as thats how hte whole track was.
Anyway,at the start of hte first moto I wheelied huge as I was in first gear, I set it down and got to the first turn where my friend had said go to the outside as the inside would be real crowded and there was a huge hole there. So, I took his advice and stayed wide, I passed about half the field right there where the quads were piled up waiting to get through. I was then in 7th out of 13. I was riding pretty well and my 4-stroke was doing way better in all the mud than the 2-stroke so I was moving up pretty good. After about 3/4 of a lap I was in 4th and right on the bumper of thrid place. We went into a whoops section and he hit his brakes, I hit him and stalled (I was already feeling arm pump like crazy) I tried to restart but my battery connections I thought had come loose or something, cause it wouldnt start.
Turned out that my starter had gone bad, and I could only start by jump starting it. So for the second moto, I jump started it and made it about a half lap before stalling out around the corner I had told you about with the huge mudbuildup in it when I was trying to pass on teh outside (STUPID)., So I DNF'd both of them but was hooked.

09-02-2001, 07:50 PM
004exkid..i might race motorama this year..depends on grades and all..but maybe i'd really like to though you goin down?

400exRacerX
09-02-2001, 09:52 PM
My first race was on my 400 and i was going into the 5th turn and the dumbass's wet the track too much and i spun out into a donut in the turn, setting me back 2 spots, i ended finishing 3rd in the first heat and 2nd in the second heat. not that bad for my first race.

09-03-2001, 10:06 AM
Well, mine was last october. I sat at the starting line and looked at the other dudes quads. Two Warriors, one 250R chassis w/350X motor, two 250Xs, and five 300EXs including mine. I was shaking my legs so bad I shifted it into nuetral from second as the rubber band flew by. I was the last out of the hole. Then I watched one guy on a warrior roll for no apparent reason (dang yamaha engineering! :o ). I passed the guy on the ground and went up this huge hill after the first turn. The track is gravely and sandy so it was quite a challenge to move up it. (the hill also serves as a truck hill climb, very challenging) Tehn I went to the left and started down this 1/4 mile stretch of whoops. The yellow flag was waved as the guy on the 350X wrapped the quad around a tree 50 feet down the hill. He still got on it and won the race though, so that makes the rest of us look terrible doesn't it! Okay, back to me. I went around the berm and up the short and steep hill with a 100 degree turn at the top. then after a while I got to the actual MX section and remained in ninth out of tenth. I was just going at a good pace to satisfy myself for my first race. I ended up holding off the last guy for the rest of the race. Other than swapping out and almost bailing in the whoops, I didn't come close to wrecking. The track was pretty fun because it was long. The track was 2 miles long and we raced five laps. Not the absolute worst.

09-03-2001, 12:29 PM
well my first real race not practice was at this brand new track that a guy my friend n\knew opened the only people who raced were my , my friend on his 400ex and my brothers friends also on a stock 400 well i got my arse killed out of the hole then my friend on the 400 got scared and went slow i lapped him then i caught my brothers friend and passed him on the last lap because he hit a whoop wrong and ended up on the track sideways ( not flipped but he did a 90 degree turn) so i just jumped the finish line double and snapped my front shocks and limped into victory god now i have to buy 300 dollar works shocks

09-03-2001, 10:08 PM
http://forums.exriders.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=553 ........my first race