PDA

View Full Version : Can nos be installed on a 400ex

ace14
07-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know if you can install nitrous kits on a honda 400ex

FF1O5
07-05-2004, 06:29 PM
nos works great on a 400ex,a 100 shot,add a turbo,14:1 compression piston and a hotcam stage 3 and you will be beating 5.0 mustangs everyday of the week!

Cody_300ex
07-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by FF1O5
nos works great on a 400ex,a 100 shot,add a turbo,14:1 compression piston and a hotcam stage 3 and you will be beating 5.0 mustangs everyday of the week!

Yeah i want to see you run a turbo on a 14:1 compression. Also have a video camera handy, because i want to see the mother ***er exploed

Juggalo
07-05-2004, 06:50 PM
whoa he was being sarcastic there lil buddy... take it easy :)

FF1O5
07-05-2004, 06:50 PM
well im running that set up now with the sparks x8,and i re did my cdi box my self so now it redlines at 14,750rpm's. she runs pretty good but i have to get my FCR56mm dialed in correctly.Just use the intercooler off a powerstroke 7.3 turbo diesel and you will run cool all day long;) .

Cody_300ex
07-05-2004, 07:01 PM
well im running that set up now with the sparks x8,and i re did my cdi box my self so now it redlines at 14,750rpm's. she runs pretty good but i have to get my FCR56mm dialed in correctly.Just use the intercooler off a powerstroke 7.3 turbo diesel and you will run cool all day long;) .

omg dude this is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard!! :rolleyes: How many pounds of boost are you running and do you even have a boost controler. And were the hell do you put a intercooler off of a 7.3 turbo diesel engine on a 400ex? Where is wilkin when you need him. I bet you got a civc with nawssss, and a fart cannon that run 10's too huh? :rolleyes:

INFANTRY RACING
07-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ace14
Does anyone know if you can install nitrous kits on a honda 400ex

it could be installed on your lawnmower as long as it is done right. you'd have to run a dry system which yyoud then have to run the bike rich to get the mixture right. theres kits out there on the internet for single cylinder motors. just make sure you know what your doing first or you'll toast your motor.

nakomis0
07-06-2004, 12:28 AM
You don't need to run a dry system. I wouldn't run a dry system on anything.

you can run a 10-15hp shot on a stock 400 'fairly' safely.

FF1O5
07-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
omg dude this is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard!! :rolleyes: How many pounds of boost are you running and do you even have a boost controler. And were the hell do you put a intercooler off of a 7.3 turbo diesel engine on a 400ex? Where is wilkin when you need him. I bet you got a civc with nawssss, and a fart cannon that run 10's too huh? :rolleyes:

wow,do you take everything so seriously?

wilkin250r
07-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
it could be installed on your lawnmower as long as it is done right. you'd have to run a dry system which yyoud then have to run the bike rich to get the mixture right. theres kits out there on the internet for single cylinder motors. just make sure you know what your doing first or you'll toast your motor.

The first statement is correct, you can put nitrous on just about anything as long as it is done properly. Your car, your motorcycle, your lawnmower, anything with an internal combustion engine.

The second statement, however, is false. You can run a wet system on a quad, I've done it. In fact, NOS and Nitrous Express are both wet systems, and they each have kits for single-cylinder motors like motorcycles, quads, jet-skis or snowmobiles. The kits are all roughly the same. One of the more heavily advertised kits for ATVs is Boondockers, and it uses a slightly different technique. Rather than have a separate fuel system, it uses the carb to inject the additional fuel. Technically this would be a "dry" system, but not in the same sense that most people think, since you are still adding extra fuel along with the nitrous.

INFANTRY RACING
07-06-2004, 02:56 PM
ahh. i figured to run a wet system youd have to add a fuel pump of some sort. i stand corrected.

i know a fuel pump could be added but wasen't sure how so i said dry

dawnchris
07-06-2004, 03:08 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhh..........there's my problem. I've been using the intercooler off the 6.0 turbo diesel. Let me get that taken care of, and I should be ready to take on Lil_300ex_kid.
PS. I just used the CDI off of a Ninja 250, (which is a 2 cylinder) and cut 1/2 the wires off.

Cody_300ex
07-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The first statement is correct, you can put nitrous on just about anything as long as it is done properly. Your car, your motorcycle, your lawnmower, anything with an internal combustion engine.

The second statement, however, is false. You can run a wet system on a quad, I've done it. In fact, NOS and Nitrous Express are both wet systems, and they each have kits for single-cylinder motors like motorcycles, quads, jet-skis or snowmobiles. The kits are all roughly the same. One of the more heavily advertised kits for ATVs is Boondockers, and it uses a slightly different technique. Rather than have a separate fuel system, it uses the carb to inject the additional fuel. Technically this would be a "dry" system, but not in the same sense that most people think, since you are still adding extra fuel along with the nitrous.

Also wilkin will you please explain to FF1O5 why you can't run a turbo with high compression.

Juggalo
07-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Also wilkin will you please explain to FF1O5 why you can't run a turbo with high compression.

would YOU realize that he wasnt serious!!??? jeeze kid! :confused:

dawnchris
07-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Don't say can't. Most of the time it's not done, in order to keep fuel octane levels in check. On a top alcohol dragster, they run BIG compression WITH a supercharger- Has alot to do with the fuel used.
Typically on a turbo motor, you use low compression and high boost for lots of topend power, but you can use higher compression with less boost to step up the bottom end.

wilkin250r
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
ahh. i figured to run a wet system youd have to add a fuel pump of some sort. i stand corrected.

i know a fuel pump could be added but wasen't sure how so i said dry

I've seen kits sold without seperate fuel pumps, but I don't recommend it. I've got a small electric fuel pump with my nitrous kit.

I've recently been informed that the difference between a "dry" and a "wet" kit isn't what I previously thought.

A "wet" kit has injects both nitrous and fuel, both through separate solenoids, usually with the aid of a seperate fuel pump.

A "dry" kit isn't just nitrous alone, as I previously thought. A dry kit simply relies on the existing fuel system to provide the extra fuel. So although the Boondockers kit DOES supply additional fuel along with the nitrous, it does so by pressurizing the carb float bowl. Since it is utilizing the existing carb, it falls under the definition of a "dry" system.

Toadz400
07-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Wilkin, you never cease to amaze me. You should write a book about everything that you know concerning engines and what-not, I would definately buy it. Hell, I'd put in the extra money to have you sign it.

As for that 300ex kid...wow, can't take a joke eh? Did you even bother reading his signature and notice that there wasn't anything about a NOS system, and he even has his Main Jet size which would be WAY too small for a 56mm carb...wow, I thought I was stupid!:eek2:

skemp
07-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Too funny.

Cody_300ex
07-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
As for that 300ex kid...wow, can't take a joke eh? Did you even bother reading his signature and notice that there wasn't anything about a NOS system, and he even has his Main Jet size which would be WAY too small for a 56mm carb...wow, I thought I was stupid!:eek2:

I guess not lately. I've been stay so pissed at my dad lately i guess i've been actin on impluse i donno. a lota chits been goin on in my life here lately but thats another thread.:o :(

Toadz400
07-06-2004, 11:12 PM
I guess not lately. I've been stay so pissed at my dad lately i guess i've been actin on impluse i donno. a lota chits been goin on in my life here lately but thats another thread.:o :(

Ah, issues at home are the worst. I had to go through years of a drug addict brother ripping our family apart, never got any better...haven't heard from him in a month after he stole one of our cell phones and put about 1000 minutes on it in a week...that was all in drug deals, so we had to cancel that phone after he put an additional $70 on the bill. He's stolen money from me, things from me and sold them for drugs (thank God he's never taken my quads), our family has spent an endless amount of money on him getting him out of jail, we even almost lost our house because of him, we're in debt over our heads, and he's destroyed all of my vehicles (given to me by my parents so I didn't have to go out and pay for a new one since I've been a good kid). He's crashed one of my cars into a tree because he was stoned, lost my Cadillac El Derado to an impound because he was arrested for meth, and he totaled my S-10 after hitting a mailbox that was cemented into the ground by a solid steel bar... Lets just say he's not exactly the "role-model brother" that everyone would want. I could go on for hours about my pure hate for this thing, I don't even want to call him a human being he's caused that much suffering in everybody's life that he goes near. He is truely one of those people that would make the world a better place by not being here...

Chef
07-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by dawnchris
Don't say can't. Most of the time it's not done, in order to keep fuel octane levels in check. On a top alcohol dragster, they run BIG compression WITH a supercharger- Has alot to do with the fuel used.

Dont forget they last a quarter mile and are rebuilt-sometimes not that long. But DAMN, They make some horsepower for that quarter mile.

Cody_300ex
07-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Ah, issues at home are the worst. I had to go through years of a drug addict brother ripping our family apart, never got any better...haven't heard from him in a month after he stole one of our cell phones and put about 1000 minutes on it in a week...that was all in drug deals, so we had to cancel that phone after he put an additional $70 on the bill. He's stolen money from me, things from me and sold them for drugs (thank God he's never taken my quads), our family has spent an endless amount of money on him getting him out of jail, we even almost lost our house because of him, we're in debt over our heads, and he's destroyed all of my vehicles (given to me by my parents so I didn't have to go out and pay for a new one since I've been a good kid). He's crashed one of my cars into a tree because he was stoned, lost my Cadillac El Derado to an impound because he was arrested for meth, and he totaled my S-10 after hitting a mailbox that was cemented into the ground by a solid steel bar... Lets just say he's not exactly the "role-model brother" that everyone would want. I could go on for hours about my pure hate for this thing, I don't even want to call him a human being he's caused that much suffering in everybody's life that he goes near. He is truely one of those people that would make the world a better place by not being here...

I cant trust my dad or my brother for chit because they run there damn mouths to to many people, I havent talked to my mom in a year, last I heard she got fired from a job after a week and was fixing to marry a drug dealer. My cat ive had all my life died last week and its just now really hitting me and a buch of other chit i really dont feel like typeing out, but i think if it wasnt for my G/f i would have a nervous break down at the age of 13.:o :(

INFANTRY RACING
07-06-2004, 11:49 PM
diesel engines run in the area of 20:1 compresion with a turbo. but it take that kinda preassure to ignite diesel.

yeah a wet system has both gas and nitrous from seprate sources. don't know to much on dry kits though. thats cool how the boondocker kit works

wilkin250r
07-07-2004, 09:30 AM
On cars with dry systems, you boost the fuel pressure by applying pressure to the fuel pressure regulator when you hit the nitrous. More pressure equals more fuel.

Most people think a dry system is nitrous only, which isn't quite correct. A dry system injects nitrous, and then forces the existing fuel system to supply more fuel. A wet system has it's own fuel source seperate from the vehicle's existing fuel source.

Toadz400
07-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I cant trust my dad or my brother for chit because they run there damn mouths to to many people, I havent talked to my mom in a year, last I heard she got fired from a job after a week and was fixing to marry a drug dealer. My cat ive had all my life died last week and its just now really hitting me and a buch of other chit i really dont feel like typeing out, but i think if it wasnt for my G/f i would have a nervous break down at the age of 13.:o :(

Word of advice, trust no one. I trusted my gf and I put all my faith into her, hell she kept me alive for a long time until she started to go behind my back and do sh*t with other guys and smoke, drink and do drugs. That's kinda when life fell apart again. Oh well, I'll never trust another girl again after that year through hell with her.