PDA

View Full Version : Gust Clinches Championship....

TC426EX
07-05-2004, 01:04 PM
I just got off the phone with Mark Baldwin and he informed me that after the London, KY GNC last weekend Doug Gust has has won the Pro Championship this year. Farr got 2nd overall, and is looking for better finishes next season once they finish getting the bike dialed in. Hopefully Farr can take home the TT title at least to go with the stadum title....

Scottie Mac
07-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Dialed in? You could have dialed all the numbers in the phone book by now!!!

:devil:

Scott

TWISTED
07-05-2004, 07:30 PM
That wasn't very nice

Pappy
07-05-2004, 07:34 PM
a huge congrats to digger and his whole team!

you guys do know he visits this site dont you:confused:

Cody_300ex
07-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you guys do know he visits this site dont you:confused:

I didnt know that! Why dont he join and post some?

Pappy
07-05-2004, 08:24 PM
well now that the season is over, maybe he will:D

ml450r
07-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Dialed in? You could have dialed all the numbers in the phone book by now!!!

:devil:

Scott :eek: It's true.

TC426EX
07-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Alright, alright... I admit that I wish I could have seen some more success out of the new Honda this year, but I honestly think things will be better next year. I dont want to take away from Doug's accomplishment this season because he truly DID have a great and historic ride and is one of the best ever for sure!! Keep in mind that Tim is from OH like me, so I always gotta pull for the hometown boy a little, but I cant make excuses for him. Bottom line is that Gust is the man, and deserves everything that came to him this season! That's 2 pro production championships in a row and I dont see any reason to think he cant make it 3 next year. Digger truly is the man to beat out there now no questions asked...

Scottie Mac
07-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Alright, alright... I admit that I wish I could have seen some more success out of the new Honda this year, but I honestly think things will be better next year. I dont want to take away from Doug's accomplishment this season because he truly DID have a great and historic ride and is one of the best ever for sure!! Keep in mind that Tim is from OH like me, so I always gotta pull for the hometown boy a little, but I cant make excuses for him. Bottom line is that Gust is the man, and deserves everything that came to him this season! That's 2 pro production championships in a row and I dont see any reason to think he cant make it 3 next year. Digger truly is the man to beat out there now no questions asked...

The way I look at it is, ALL of the Pros are amazing. Watching those guys do the things they do on a quad blows my mind. Digger, Tim, JJ, Natalie, Wimmer, etc, etc are the BEST in the world. I think it is great that Gust won, especially since no one thought he could, then factor in that he is 37 years old and you just have to tip your hat. I hope I can still walk when I am 37. (not too far off, unfortunatly)

Scott

Ryan
07-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Big Congratulations to Digger Doug Gust!

Last time he won the GNC championship was back in 1999, wasn't it? (Not including last years pro production)....

TC426EX
07-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah, he won the GNC title in '99... but his last title was the Pro Production last year which is just as, if not more valuable since that is the one that started the new era in our sport...

quadrcr161
07-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
well now that the season is over, maybe he will:D

there is still 2 more races, is he that far ahead in points?
i have to agree Doug is a great rider and very tallented but he is my least favorite pro. im not sure if it is true or not but i heard that he and crank-it sued racer productions over the Loretta Lynns TT when Doug broke his leg (several years ago). i know the Loretta's TT was always tough but he is a pro and knows he takes the risk when he goes out there and to sue a track is not very professional. just my opinion.

Pappy
07-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
there is still 2 more races, is he that far ahead in points?

yes, he has clinched the title.

TWISTED
07-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Did anybody doubt he could do it?I definately didn't.Plain and simple,he his the man to beat hands down.Ibet he could even walk on water if it came down to it!!!

AtvMxRider
07-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
is he that far ahead in points?

:huh did you read the thread title?

popo
07-07-2004, 06:24 AM
That Wimmer kid seems to be doing well.