PDA

View Full Version : flat track racing

flat_track400ex
07-05-2004, 09:31 AM
anyone in here flat track races there 400 if so can u guys give me some tips?
i was wondering what is the best lowering kit to get?

Rider#11
07-08-2004, 01:11 AM
The best thing you could do to your bike to lower it would be to get some Lt250r shocks on the front and a rear lowering strutt and youd be set. sway bar, tires and your set..thats to start out anyway;)

QuadJunkies
07-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by flat_track400ex
anyone in here flat track races there 400 if so can u guys give me some tips?
i was wondering what is the best lowering kit to get? C@D sells the lowering kits:) thats where I got mine...
Like Rider#11 said. Low is the way to go!! We took my rear stock shock(I have two,one for MX) and cut two springs out to make it MUCH lower. I lower my PSI on the insided tire(offest it ) along with inside shock also for better cornering.......I didint look at your profile.you have Nerfs I hope???? You will need them!! And get a sway Bar! Depending on what kind fo track your running on will depend on what tires to go with.We use everything from a Turf Tamer and grooved radials to Hoosiers or Amer. Racer tires here at our track. Depending on the size will also depend on your gearing .Im still debating gearing vs a CDI since I dont need a ton of top end on Shorttrack and the gearing is good off the line..So far all this works well for me..... Im lead in points:D

Cody_300ex
07-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
C@D sells the lowering kits:) thats where I got mine...
Like Rider#11 said. Low is the way to go!! We took my rear stock shock(I have two,one for MX) and cut two springs out to make it MUCH lower. I lower my PSI on the insided tire(offest it ) along with inside shock also for better cornering.......I didint look at your profile.you have Nerfs I hope???? You will need them!! And get a sway Bar! Depending on what kind fo track your running on will depend on what tires to go with.We use everything from a Turf Tamer and grooved radials to Hoosiers or Amer. Racer tires here at our track. Depending on the size will also depend on your gearing .Im still debating gearing vs a CDI since I dont need a ton of top end on Shorttrack and the gearing is good off the line..So far all this works well for me..... Im lead in points:D

OR QJ you can cheap out like me and my dad did and just strap it down with a tie down!! :macho And belive me they dont come undone eathier because last year I fliped my 300 On a 1/2 mile track doing about 60-70 MPH and it still didnt come undone.

QuadJunkies
07-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
OR QJ you can cheap out like me and my dad did and just strap it down with a tie down!! :macho And belive me they dont come undone eathier because last year I fliped my 300 On a 1/2 mile track doing about 60-70 MPH and it still didnt come undone. LOl.. yes, you can go that route too, but I dont like it as well, I feel you still need some suspention to work with .......But its better than nothing.......;)

Cody_300ex
07-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LOl.. yes, you can go that route too, but I dont like it as well, I feel you still need some suspention to work with .......But its better than nothing.......;)

well we dont strap it all the way down we leave a little bit of the stroke left.