PDA

View Full Version : exriders school

turnandburn
07-04-2004, 10:56 PM
ok just a thought but i was thinking that maybe exriders could put togther a school for bike set up and riding tips from some of the big gun members. Like santo, mickey and any others that i may not have mentioned. The school could cover quad suspension set up for mx,and cross country, jetting and riding tips from the pros or semi pros. I know the forums help but some members learn quicker and better and hands on teaching. could be a good way to raise money for the site and promote the sport we all love.

batgeek
07-04-2004, 10:58 PM
nice! that's a pretty cool idea.

Harlen? hehe

turnandburn
07-04-2004, 11:05 PM
i would be willing to help get it going if i had some help and connections!

QuadJunkies
07-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Oh..... I REALLY like that Idea.........!!:macho

trick450r
07-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Pappy,QJ,Taco (LOL),Rico,Some others would be suitable

Pappy
07-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
Pappy,QJ,Taco (LOL),Rico,Some others would be suitable

for what...detention:p

Hammer trx450r
07-05-2004, 07:39 AM
i think the forum takes enough of there lives

Pappy
07-05-2004, 07:45 AM
its actually a cool idea, the biggest problem is time. the folks that actually have the knowledge are hard pressed for free time:( im happy they have time to post here and would love to work with them on set ups and such but i doubt we could get them involved unless all the planets aligned:p

but it is true, ive met folks that havent a clue even after reading all the info there is available. one member asked me to go riding and i did, and he complained non stop about his shocks and how they were junk etc. took me 10 minutes to get them set up better and he was a very happy camper from then on. and thats me workin on his quad:p so i cant imagine what it would be like if a really knowledgable person was to help someone out:D

redroost85
07-05-2004, 01:39 PM
This is a very cool idea!:D

But Pappy's right. Dang this working for a living and family commitments sometimes.:(

I'd love to see all our resident 'experts':blah: tune on my ride, lol!:D

LTandRaptorider
07-05-2004, 01:48 PM
I'll give advice on rebuilding trannies! :o

Mxjunkie
07-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I'll give advice on rebuilding trannies! :o

and the how tos on getting cheeseits out of them :p

Ryan
07-05-2004, 05:40 PM
The only tool you need to use for your quad is a hammer :devil: .

It sounds like a good idea if these guys can find the time. I sure could use a few pointers.

muff
07-05-2004, 07:42 PM
this sounds like a great idea...but i think you'd be asking to much to have some people like santo etc. to be willing enough of it to spend time. I'd think going on an exriders ride would probably be benificial, you'd get to ride with other members (better and worse) and you'd see what works/doesnt work, plus you could always ask how they carry so much speed through a certain section and why your suspension doesnt seem as great.

Like pappy mentioned, he easily helped someone out with his shocks, i'm sure there would be other members willing to share some knowledge as well. I havent been on a ride yet, but am looking to hit up the rausch creek mx track on the next ride there or so :devil:

turnandburn
07-05-2004, 09:11 PM
i know they are extremely busy but it might be worth a shot. You never know untill you ask! Yes we can also learn from one another i ask questions and read articals all the time also, it was just a thought. Or on one of the exriders rides they could have a short siminar in the morning or something.

Berry
07-05-2004, 11:14 PM
i think thats an excellent idea because theres alot of people on here that give info out on things they dont really know about but i wont mention any names