PDA

View Full Version : Artic Cat DVX400

kds400ex
07-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Does anyone on here have, or know anyone who has the Artic Cat version of the Z400/KFX400? I was about to buy a Z400 for my son when he saw the DVX's and is trying to convince me to get him one of those instead. My research shows that the ONLY difference is the plastic and the seat, but I was just wondering if any of you have additional info or firsthand experience. I have to admit that I DO like the look of the DVX's, and I like the fact that it is based on the Z400. Any advice will be appreciated.

batgeek
07-04-2004, 07:24 PM
the only major difference aside from what you stated, would be the swingarm. it's well built, but doesn't have the craptastic chain adjustment that the Z400 has.

the 2005 Z's will have a new swingarm w/o that adjustment also.

Rdhanded2
07-06-2004, 07:51 AM
I have friends with the Z and the DVX. I prefer the DVX, but that is purely just looks. They ride pretty much the same. It never hurts to be different though, and the Arctic Cat would definately be easier to fix fenders if he had a misshap. Just my $.02

Luecker
07-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
the only major difference aside from what you stated, would be the swingarm. it's well built, but doesn't have the craptastic chain adjustment that the Z400 has.

the 2005 Z's will have a new swingarm w/o that adjustment also.

The 04 Z already has the same swinger as the DVX.

Crazy400EX
07-15-2004, 02:01 PM
get the z........first roll or drag on the grab bar and all the fenders a bad. my friend rolled his on its side and now the front fenders are off to the side perminently. he draged the bar and the back fender supports broke off and the grab bar fell off. z all the way cause i had a friend buy a z a while back and i liked that a lot better.

DV8DVX400
07-20-2004, 07:28 PM
LOL theyre exactly the same as the z400, but look way better

SHOCKER
07-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400EX
get the z........first roll or drag on the grab bar and all the fenders a bad. my friend rolled his on its side and now the front fenders are off to the side perminently. he draged the bar and the back fender supports broke off and the grab bar fell off. z all the way cause i had a friend buy a z a while back and i liked that a lot better.

:rolleyes: you have no clue what you are saying, its the same asthe Z just diferent plastics

batgeek
07-21-2004, 02:05 AM
nope, the subframe on the DVX is different. not a one piece unit, you can remove the grab bar. also, it's shaped a little different to accomodate the different seat shape.

SHOCKER
07-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
nope, the subframe on the DVX is different. not a one piece unit, you can remove the grab bar. also, it's shaped a little different to accomodate the different seat shape.

man you guess dont know anything, its exactly the same, my 04' Z has a removable grab bar, theres nothing diferent besides the plastics, the 04' Z swingarm is the same as the dvx swingarm,

the dvx came out in 04' and when the 04' Z came out it had the removable grab bar, the new style swingarm (for the the chain adjuster) and a stronger axle, the frame is not the same, the 03' frames and the 04' frames have something diferent about them, they are a little longer and something else, all parts will bolt up from a 03' to a 04' except i found out that the 03' chassis skid will not fit a 04' chassis

SHOCKER
07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
all 04' z400s have the new style swingarm and the removable grab bar, ask everyone who has a 04' Z they will say yes, i have a 04' i think i would know

batgeek
07-22-2004, 05:24 PM
so you say my friend's quad is lying?

if you didn't read it before, we compared the VIN on HIS FRAME to the VINs released for the 04 year...HIS F*CKIN VIN WAS IN THERE!!!

his quad has the old swingarm and one piece subframe.

f*ck dude, just get over it, you ARE WRONG.

i provided you written proof FROM SUZUKI, and stated a personal experience. just because you have one, DOESN"T MEAN YOU ARE CORRECT.

get over yourself. f*ckin kids now-a-days...jesus christ. :rolleyes:

SHOCKER
07-22-2004, 07:02 PM
oh my do you need a tampon or something, geez settle down your gonna kill your self, man the 04' Z's have the new style swinger and detachable grab bar, maybe your friend or you are have some problems, did your friend have any problems with his frame and did he maybe put an 04; frame on his 03' Z?

batgeek
07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
i still hold firm on my friend's Z400.

my apologies Shocker.

oldyeller
07-30-2004, 09:42 AM
I have a DVX 400.It has all the Z-400 updates for 04 but it was out before the suzuki's were updated so that may have caused some confusion.So far I like mine.The seat is a little hard but its slowly breaking in.There is an annoying buzzing sound too at certain rpms that I haven't been able to locate yet.I'm sure its just plastic vibrating somewhere.

kuba1506
07-31-2004, 07:25 PM
so if you were to buy parts for this bike say like an exhaust would you just order one for a z400/kfx400 and would it bolt up???

popo
07-31-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by kuba1506
so if you were to buy parts for this bike say like an exhaust would you just order one for a z400/kfx400 and would it bolt up???

Yes you will be just fine.

oldyeller
07-31-2004, 08:59 PM
About the only thing I can think off that you might have to watch are the nerfbars with the built in heel guards.I bought the original Arctic Cat nerfs and they go up quite high at the back on the heel guards.I think they might interfere with the Suzook/Kawi rear fenders but most nerfs shouldn't be a problem.

sim
03-21-2006, 07:45 PM
yes because if you look in a parts catalogue you will se that the ltz400 the kfx400 and the arctic cat have the same part numbers

MoToX199
03-22-2006, 04:14 AM
1st congrats on gettin a new quad:D ,2nd i have a DVX and i love it to death,i have had zero problems with it,the part about with the grab bar breaking,i have hit mine a counple of times and nothin has ever happend,the plastics are a lil easier to break but when they do breal its only 30 bucks for a new one,yes the subframes are a lil differnt becuase of arcticcats differnt plastics,anythin off a z/kfx will fit on a DVX,there is only a few things that wont fit,exhaust i know fits fine cause i just ordereda hmf slip on for my DVX and it was a kfx one and it bolted up fine with no problems,when i went to go buy my DVX i orginaly wanted a kfx but then i had my dealer put them side by side then the DVX looks way better then the kfx JMO so all you z/kfx riders no offense thats just what i like:)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208606&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

here is a post a lil while back hopefully this should help you out:)

if you have any other questions reguarding a DVX just let me know im allways happy to help someone out

hdwrench
01-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Hmm the part numbers on the HMF slip on are not the same in the TR catalog. AS I my wife owns a DVX, The bike runs great with no issues, in fact for trail riding the over all ride is much nicer than my trx450r. The quad is very nice has plenty of power. And since we paid 2 grand for a 04 hard to go wrong. I do need the a new rear fender inner section. So from what I can tell that is a Cat only part. Also looking for a skid plate, some one took our off!! So or course we bent a rear sprocket yesterday. Funny though as the rock that bent it was the size of a baseball!! Needed a new to be replaced anyways .