PDA

View Full Version : Mini smoking.......

QuadJunkies
07-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Were a little puzzled what this could be ..........
First off... Originally, something went threw the mtor when it was in stock form,so when reordering parts ,we decided to go ahead and get him a 70cc kit(with clutch kit also) since he races.
Everything went on without a hitch. Except the head is a 90 head vs. a 70. They wre on backorder so the place we ordered threw sid to use the 90 head for now and when the new one came in we could swap it out,but that alot of other people use the 90 and should be ok..As far as a pipe goes, we are still in stock form awaitng a pipe to be made due to the fact that the one we ordered DOES NOT FIT >:( So heres what we got going ......
First we tried it with oil injection ,started it a couple of times never rode it just started it,and decided to pull it off to see if we could get a more proper mix(36:1).
The first plug reading ran it about 300feet after letting it warm up, checked the plug and it was Dark grey/to almost black but was VERY dry. It runs fine from top to bottom, starts well, but while your riding it, it smokes heavily and when you shut it off, a slow drifting smoke still cont. to come out of the pipe and not a normal Exaust smell(hard to explain in words ) its the heavy smoking and bad smell that has us concerned ...Could it be becuase we still have the stock pipe on???? Maybe the 90 head ??? No one can seems to figure this one out that we have called so far......Any help would be grealty appreciated

BTW.. We tried a few different oil mixures ..
We had Amsoil in the oil injection and we tired my Daughters race mix ,and we went to 36:1 with Castor 927

We cant seem to get any info on spark plugs either

Riding Raptor
07-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Dude sucks to be you. The only thing I think it could be is that you are buring too much oil and that woudl explain the Smoke.

QuadJunkies
07-05-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Riding Raptor
Dude sucks to be you. The only thing I think it could be is that you are buring too much oil and that woudl explain the Smoke. nope...done this with other mixture as well..We just done the 36:1 on Sat......

hondarider2006
07-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Riding Raptor
Dude sucks to be you. The only thing I think it could be is that you are buring too much oil and that woudl explain the Smoke.

For your info, shes not a dude;)

Quadjunkies, you thought about going with the right head on that thing?? Try the 70 head and see if that makes a difference. If its not your oil mixture, than I am kinda stumped.

QuadJunkies
07-05-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
For your info, shes not a dude;)

Quadjunkies, you thought about going with the right head on that thing?? Try the 70 head and see if that makes a difference. If its not your oil mixture, than I am kinda stumped. We are actuially.......as soon as the 70 head is in stock(its on backorder) we will... Eton direct says the 90 head should work though..Im glad Im not the only one whos stumped.......:confused: