PDA

View Full Version : Burgard A-arms?

mxva5413
07-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey guys I just bought a 2001 400ex for MX racing. Right now the bike suspension wise is stock. I have been racing a little D-13 MX and all last year at Miller's Tavern Outlaw arena cross with my 2003 KFX 440 it had Gibson +3 LT A-arms Custom Axis shock front and rear (comp-rebound) LSR axle....I have to say I spent a boat load of money on this bike and my buddies Z400 with cheaper LSR standard travel a-arms seem to handle better....I since then have sold the KFX.....now I'm looking to do the suspension on this 400ex with in the next month or two and really don't want to spend a lot of money but still want some good stuff. So i'm thinking about the Burgard +3 +1 A-arms and TCS Comp. adjust shocks....how do you guys think this set up will work?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-04-2004, 06:07 PM
I have the burgard +1 arms on my 400ex and haven't had any problems I personally run Elkas but have sold alot of TCS shocks also, I think with shocks its all in the way they are set up for you and your riding style.

Good luck with your selection and welcome to exriders:)

Fuchs42
07-04-2004, 07:16 PM
I hear the burgard stuff is pretty good quality for the price... I would rather spend 1200 or so on a-arms and shocks rather then thousands and only perform a little bit better. Get some burgards. They have a really good customer support system also.

Just leting you know...

mxva5413
07-04-2004, 08:11 PM
[i]
Good luck with your selection and welcome to exriders:) [/B]

Thanx!!

redroost85
07-04-2004, 08:50 PM
If you want any more info on Burgards stuff, hit up Pappy on here and he will give you the lowdown on just about all of Burgards stuff. You can't go wrong with Burgards....they will hook you up just fine.;)

Pappy
07-04-2004, 08:54 PM
i run all his stuff and havent had any issues. his standard a arms really cant be beat for the price. his new style a arms are priced right there with everyone else and testing has proven them to hold up in MX and XC racing.

C & D Racing, our site sponsor, carries them and maybe the fastest way of getting ahold of a set.

if i can ever help you out just send me a pm and ill do what i can.

Florida400EX
07-04-2004, 11:16 PM
I run the TCS comp adjust shocks with Laegers A-arms. I think quality wise/ abuse wise the Laeger A-arms are better, but they do cost more. I bought my shocks and A-arms in a package deal for $900. They work great. Highly suggested.

WhiteBros400ex
07-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i run all his stuff and havent had any issues. his standard a arms really cant be beat for the price. his new style a arms are priced right there with everyone else and testing has proven them to hold up in MX and XC racing.

C & D Racing, our site sponsor, carries them and maybe the fastest way of getting ahold of a set.

if i can ever help you out just send me a pm and ill do what i can.

Make sure you put the bottom chamber ball joint all the way in or it might become weak and bend or break.

BTW pappy will help you he helped me when my ball joint broke but other then that i had no porblem i had good serivce through burgard,, i ran elka i have never had tcs.They are really good a arms for the price that you pay.

hondarider2006
07-05-2004, 01:27 AM
I just installed my burgard +3 +1 a-arms with elka shocks, and had no problem. Everything lined up great, and they look strong. Hopefully they will turn out to be a good set of a-arms:D

mxva5413
07-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Thanx again everybody hopefully I'll be ordering my burgard a-amrs pretty soon! Now does anybody have pics of what their bike looks like after having the burgard a-amrs installed?

Pappy
07-05-2004, 07:24 AM
thats a good tip on the lower ball joint, and it should be applied to all arms that use this style of ball joint.

and yes, leagers makes a fine arm also, but not for $450 or less!

this isnt my quad , but its a nice one!

mxva5413
07-05-2004, 07:28 AM
WOW they look really good are those the standard a-amrs?

Pappy
07-05-2004, 07:31 AM
yep they are the standard a arm.

i dont have good pic of his new style up close i dont think, but this is the first set built for testing over a year and a half ago

mx440#55
07-05-2004, 12:10 PM
BTW...does anyone know what happened to Randy Lehr this year? He's the one using those protype LT arms in the above pic. I haven't seen his name on any GNC results or in any District 6 results last year.

I'm wondering if he did the same thing as my kid....got a car, smelled some tail and said bye-bye to quads LOL

Pappy
07-05-2004, 12:13 PM
i heard he had a nasty spill at the first gnc, but he has been riding hard and will be racing again soon!