PDA

View Full Version : Paddles at Badlands????

veddersbetter
03-28-2002, 07:13 AM
Ive been there a couple times and it seems that paddles would help out alot and be lots of fun to play with but........with the way the sand is at the badlands(half pea gravel) would it rip apart a good set of paddles?

Braff1
03-28-2002, 01:48 PM
I agree with you Vetter. The sand up there is coarse a would tear them up, also it would limit you to the sand only since I don't think they would be any good in the woods.

03-28-2002, 03:10 PM
When are you going to the Badlands?

trx400ex
03-28-2002, 03:16 PM
a few of us are going on april 6th

MR. HONDA EX'S
03-28-2002, 06:04 PM
I may be going the 6th too. That's if my cuz can fix the beast, blow the axle carrier.

Striker49
03-29-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
a few of us are going on april 6th

You guys goin up there the same weekend of the LBL ride? Why dontcha come down here? :cool:

trx400ex
03-29-2002, 01:49 PM
well i dont know how to get there, and the badlands is only half hour away from me...i dont know if im even going to go there now though, well see i guess

veddersbetter
03-29-2002, 07:17 PM
we'll probably go up May 11 and 12....either to the Badlands or to St Joes Ride Park in MO

veddersbetter
03-30-2002, 02:30 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the "paddle masters" from GBC? Theyre suppose to be stronger blades to run in mud and snow as well as sand........but is there a weight issue? Im thinkin theyre probably pretty heavy....like the Realtors

04-02-2002, 07:01 AM
Where do you ride around in Sterling?

Braff1
04-02-2002, 03:05 PM
TRX400EX,
Here is the link to Badlands directions page.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/directions.htm

If you take I-74 west out of Indy you take the Attica exit. Turn right at end of the ramp. Stay on that road until you come into Attica and go until you come to a stop light (there should be a gas station on right). Turn left at that light. Go down to the next light, turn left again at the light. Once on this road it is a straight shot to the Badlands you will see the sign on the right hand side of the road. When you see the big ADM grainery ??sp you are almost there.

veddersbetter
04-04-2002, 04:45 AM
We have permission from a farmer in Galt(just west of Sterling) to ride. Ive been to the Bike Barn in Morrison a couple times and various other places. Do you know any good ridin spots around here. My Yahoo group has a bunch of stuff on where we go ridin if ya want to check it out(be a couple days be4 its workin again)
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/northwestillinoisatvs

trx400ex
04-04-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
TRX400EX,
Here is the link to Badlands directions page.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/directions.htm

If you take I-74 west out of Indy you take the Attica exit. Turn right at end of the ramp. Stay on that road until you come into Attica and go until you come to a stop light (there should be a gas station on right). Turn left at that light. Go down to the next light, turn left again at the light. Once on this road it is a straight shot to the Badlands you will see the sign on the right hand side of the road. When you see the big ADM grainery ??sp you are almost there.
oh, sorry, i meant the lbl ride, but i wont be able to go anyway, from where i live i can get to the badlands in 20 minutes:D

04-04-2002, 01:24 PM
How often do you go riding? How many do you go riding with? We need to hook up sometime soon.

Braff1
04-04-2002, 03:05 PM
That is a different story then. All I can tell you is head south west towards Hopkinsvill Ky. area. Maybe someone else will be able to help more than me.:p

04-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Just an idea but maybe a tire like the Pure Sport Realtors would be a good tire for the Baddlands iv never riden there but from what u guys say it sounds like this would be a god tire for the badlands

trx400ex
04-04-2002, 07:36 PM
stock 400ex radials are good, and so are holeshots

veddersbetter
04-05-2002, 02:33 AM
How often do you go riding? How many do you go riding with? We need to hook up sometime soon
We go about 2 or 3 times a week..usually with 3- 4 other people ..sometimes more. Were really lookin to find somewhere else to ride as weve been to the same spot over and over. Theres a place in Savanna weve been a few times with about 15-20 other guys....thats usually pretty fun......Ill let ya know next time theres a ride ....usually on a Sunday or Saturday
;)