PDA

View Full Version : removing stuff from handlebars

jcs327
07-04-2004, 09:58 AM
since I am getting rid of the headlights, I won't need the big ol bulky headlight switch anymore. Is there any way I can remove it and place a push button starter switch somewhere?

FTR250Rnif
07-04-2004, 11:43 AM
im not sure. I know you can relocate the start switch:confused:

300exPat
07-04-2004, 11:45 AM
i still say headlight covers would do, but ive seen guys take the whole thing off then put on a tether for a kill switch and use a button kill switch off a dirtbike for a starter. it'll take some work though

jcs327
07-04-2004, 12:02 PM
i have a pro-design kill switch installed. I was jus wonderin bout installin a push-button starter along w/ the regular key switch. If I remove the headlight & starter switch on the bars, where do I connect the push button?

smith_400ex_213
07-04-2004, 10:35 PM
hey i took out my headlight and all of that electrical stuff off of the handle bars..i mad emy own head light block off plate out of some aluminum...i put on a pair ofemigo alloy bars...and mounted the tether between the clamps...used a dirtbike killswitch for the starter and mounted that on the bars next to the clutch perch....i took out my nutreal light and just have and empty hole there...and still have my key switch

rollie
07-05-2004, 09:14 AM
i believe you can hook up a dirt bike killswitch button and use it as a start switch....ask pvt.maggot he did it:)

hondarider2006
07-06-2004, 02:38 AM
I am using a RM kill button for a starter, and a Gunnar teather for a kill. What I did, was open up that black box, Take the two wires that are attached to the starter button and snip the off, than Splice them and attach them to the kill button, there is your new starter;) Now for the kill I believe there are two wires on the back of that red switch that I attached to my gunnar, but I'm not 100% sure on that. As far as the lighting wires go, I snipped all of them. and the two wires for the clutch, I tied them togeather, so now I can start in gear without pulling in the clutch:devil:

jcs327
07-06-2004, 08:21 PM
sounds good. I am going to get to work on it tomorrow. Thanks for the info.