PDA

View Full Version : poison ivy

FF1O5
07-04-2004, 09:32 AM
anyone have any creative ways to get rid of this crap,its pissin me off:(

toby400ex
07-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Rubbing alchohol or bleach. Or go to the doctor and get a perscription for some steroids, they work good.

the yazer
07-04-2004, 09:52 AM
spend all your free time in the pool the chlorine really gets rid of it real quick

trick450r
07-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Go to the store and buy some ivy dry works like a charm!

LTandRaptorider
07-04-2004, 10:10 AM
and if you got it on your hands... no spankin the monkey for 2 weeks! :eek: :(

Pappy
07-04-2004, 10:12 AM
bleach on a wash cloth...pat the areas. burns but kills it

if that dont work, the doctor will porescribe some steriods. not sure why but thats what they do around here:p

Nausty
07-04-2004, 12:54 PM
ermmm what kinda steroids?:eek:

Mxjunkie
07-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

lmao

beak7707
07-04-2004, 12:57 PM
take something and scrape the top off of the poison, then pour alchohol on it. It doesnt feel the best but it dries it up quick.

devildriver422
07-04-2004, 01:58 PM
i got steroids...im 14 n they gave me a bunch cuz it was gettin into my eye and...yea i gota rly dizzy n almost collapsed it was fun...then i felt like i had to puke n the fun ended :blah:

Karizz
07-04-2004, 04:54 PM
I use Fast dry lacquer thinner or or fast dry enamel reducer on a clean Rag! Key to poisen Ivy is removing the Poison Ivy oil off your skin...thats the irritant.

fastexgirl4c
07-04-2004, 05:26 PM
use rubbin alchohol ..works great..especially if ur highly allergic like me..

Guy400
07-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Scratch it open and then use bleach.

redroost85
07-04-2004, 08:45 PM
I just got done having poison ivy. I put alcohol on it like at least five times a day, it went away in about 10 days or less. It was really annoying trying to race with that crap on my arms.:(

derekhonda
07-05-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
ermmm what kinda steroids?:eek:

Its not a steroid you are thinking about (NFL, WWF, ect.) What all steroids do is make you stronger, and this steroid is actually for your immune system I belive and it builds up your antibodies to fight off the poison ivy. ......Something like that anyways :confused:

NTPracing22
07-05-2004, 06:18 AM
I've been living with poison ivy most of my life, and now that I own my own landscaping company, I get it every few weeks.

The poison ivy oil gets onto your skin and absorbs it's way inside of you and gets into your blood. This is why you get it in random spots. People touch thier pants or maybe a pair of gloves after they have the oil on them. So they can go right home and shower and the oil is gone from thier body. But if you throw your pants or gloves on your bed, guess what, when you go to lay in bed that night poison ivy is on your sheets.

It takes 20 mintues for the oil to absorb into your skin, but can stay in clothes for days appon days.

the doctors usually all proscibe Prednizone. It works pretty good but I've found the best cure for me is salt water and gold bond. The salt absorbs into your skin and dries it out, and the gold bond does the same.

the juice inside the bubbles is the infection, some say it doesn't contain the oil and some do.

In most cases, the best cure is different from person to person depending on how much oil they got on them, how soft/moisturised thier skin is, and thier ammunity to poison ivy.

they say your allergies change every 7 years-I hope i built a tolorance to this crap

sickmojave
07-05-2004, 07:06 AM
I guess I'm just lucky. poison ivy or oak has never had any effect on me. my dad is the same way. we pull the stuff up with our hands. :eek:

ZRider400
07-05-2004, 09:48 AM

lmfao...unfortunately ive had it on my hands b4:mad:

the best thing ive done to get rid of poison ivy is to shower alot....and use alot of soap on the poison ivy area........ it will dry it out for a tad. Right after washing it, put rubbing alcohol all over it, and that will then dry it out even more.

atvrider12764
07-05-2004, 12:38 PM
the worst is poison ivy in the webbings of your fingers...and about pulling the poision ivy with your hands,its going to be all fun until one day your allergic to it and have it all over your body. and about the ivy dry stuff,i tried that once on my face where poison ivy was and it burnt my face and i couldnt take an ice pack off my face for about a week it burnt so bad

sickmojave
07-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by atvrider12764
...and about pulling the poision ivy with your hands,its going to be all fun until one day your allergic to it and have it all over your body.

I'm 40 so if it's going to get me it had better hurry.:p

jst
07-05-2004, 04:18 PM
After coming in contact with poison ivy you need to wash with any type of yellow soap.There is something in "yellow dye" that helps.Also a natural cure is to use the "touch me not" plant.It has a orangish flower on the end and triangular leaves.Cut open the plant and it has a almost oily liquid in it,rub it on the area,it will not completely dry.The touch me not plant grows next to country road and close to water sources such as creeks and streams.If you think this is b.s..Look it up on yahoo.

Ralph
07-05-2004, 04:31 PM
my friend ralph(lots of u have met him) thought he was invunerable to poision ivy when he was little but when he rolled around in it to prove to his aunt or something he realized he was quite vunerable to it...lol

i myself have never gotten it, maybe i truly do not get affected by it since it doesnt realy exist in germany and maybe im just cool like that, i dunno...

07-05-2004, 05:15 PM

thank god i never got poison ivy but anyway all these suggestions work friend got it and did all this crap it was gone in a week

blackraptor16
07-05-2004, 08:14 PM
i have it on my face right now :( it itches sooooo bad. my fiances grandpa came over and told me to rub the 'touch-me-not' plant juice all over it. So I had lovely green all over my face. Then they tell me it was just a joke - but then they said it wasn't. So I didn't know who to believe, but JST's post made me feel better :)

I just hope it goes away soon! Something not too attractive about a hooter girl with poison ivy all over her face. People will pay me to NOT deliver their food. And it's right next to my eye. :mad:

jst
07-05-2004, 08:55 PM
It should only take about 2 days for it to go away.If you have it to the point of swelling,the plant will should get rid of the swelling in a day.Glad to help put the joke to rest.

Toadz400
07-05-2004, 09:59 PM
I took steroids for poison ivy once, didn't work too well for the ivy so I went back, picked up a car, threw it through the wall of the hospital and beat the doctor to death...my mom said I was pretty mad that week?:confused:

haha, jk. I actually did take steroids for ivy though...seemed to work okay. I think just making sure you don't touch it at all (no itching) and just put some bleach or some kind of cleaning crap on it, it should go away pretty quick.

NTPracing22
07-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I took steroids for poison ivy once, didn't work too well for the ivy so I went back, picked up a car, threw it through the wall of the hospital and beat the doctor to death...my mom said I was pretty mad that week?:confused:

lol, prednizone is famous for making people grumpy. my mom tells the doctor to use it as a last case scenario.

I would have to say that PI in the throat and lungs is the worst, IMO. But between the fingers and toes is the most agrivating

Rebelrider4OOex
07-06-2004, 11:13 AM
dude use hair spray it works great and drys it up quick i use it all the time cuz i alwasy get posion ivy:(

I-7
07-06-2004, 11:19 AM
What really sucks is having poison ivy on your hand and not knowing it yet and then going to take a piss :( :eek: .

JDiablo
07-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
What really sucks is having poison ivy on your hand and not knowing it yet and then going to take a piss :( :eek: .

lmfao...thats nothing,my dads friend went camping with his family,and his wife had to go to the bathroom,and lets just say she used a leaf to wipe herself:eek2: she was in the hopsital for a lil over a month and a half with posion ivy all up her butt,omg dat has got to suk so bad:eek2: :eek:

sickmojave
07-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
lmfao...thats nothing,my dads friend went camping with his family,and his wife had to go to the bathroom,and lets just say she used a leaf to wipe herself:eek2: she was in the hopsital for a lil over a month and a half with posion ivy all up her butt,omg dat has got to suk so bad:eek2: :eek:

LOL that reminds me of this story from Rico
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101419&highlight=jellyfish

brian-250
07-06-2004, 12:55 PM
OK, time i spoke up, scatch the tops off of it and pour gas on it.:eek2: ;)

JDiablo
07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
LOL that reminds me of this story from Rico
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101419&highlight=jellyfish

lmao i remember reading about that,that has got to be one of the funniest things in real life lmgdao:macho :D

JUSTINcredible
07-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by brian-250

sounds like a good idea:huh :rolleyes:

NTPracing22
07-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by brian-250

use diesel instead of gas, gas eat away at skin.

2000ex
07-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Gas works well.

When I was about 13 I was riding my RM125 down a trail in 6th and hit a large rock sending me over the bars, breaking my ankle, and I inadvertently landed in posion ivy......needless to say having posion ivy inside my cast in the middle of the summer was the worst thing EVER!

Rulers and coat hangers became my best friends :p Kinda hard to scratch

NTPracing22
07-07-2004, 05:53 AM
well i had a few spots on my face yesterday that caught my attention, and today i woke up and can conferm it's poison ivy, and at the rate it's goin around my eye, my eye will be swollen shut by this weekend.

Off to the doctors!:rolleyes: