PDA

View Full Version : Bent front wheel....

glenfoto
07-04-2004, 03:20 AM
I was riding this weekend, and hit a nice rock at the bottom of a whoop section in the desert. It bent my rim pretty good.. beyond home repair.

It did not break the bead, the bike was and still is rideable.

On ALBA's website ( and others) I found a stock replacement wheel on their 'blueprint' parts breakdown.

The cost is $115...for ONE.

Should I replace that wheel with an aftermarket wheel?

I hear that stock Honda wheels are some of the best in the business... should I stick with stock?

I ride recreationally, no racing in the near future.

Thanks for your advice...

Glen

atvmx14
07-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Buy aftermarket like a dual reinforced front wheel. It will only be stronger and better than stock!! I'm in the same boat as you but only my mishap was a little better i got mine to bend back with a rubber mallet...:cool:

Pappy
07-04-2004, 09:11 AM
keep an eye on ebay and the for sale section on this site. normally for the cost of aftermarket you can get 2 take off fronts with tires for close to the same price.

exrider44
07-04-2004, 09:52 AM
I have the hyper carbon fiber beadlocks I wouldnt get any other rim. I popped a tire two weeks ago at Paragon in PA and I rode out of the trail I was about 15 in. I never will ride stock wheels again they are weak.

04'400ex'er
07-04-2004, 05:40 PM
I believe the wheels on the 450R are D.I.D. .190's. At least that is what they are on 400EX'es and they are stronger than Douglas Black Labels.

rap169
07-04-2004, 05:52 PM
ive never been to paragon. But i ive only 30 min away. How is it? I heard it wasnt any good for sport quads. What are the trails like?

exrider44
07-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Paragon is ok. I didnt get to check the whole place out. Some spots were rocky some were nice and smooth. I think its ok considering Im coming from New Jersey and we get our balls busted everywhere we go. I would check it out just to see what you think, I prob would go back just to ride but I wasnt really excited about it. The best riding ive done so far was up in Vermont and down the Jersey shore. Is there any other spots in PA that are good to ride at?