PDA

View Full Version : mx/xc400ex ?

1 bad dakota
07-04-2004, 02:04 AM
what do you guys think is the best way to race one bike in both xc /mx. my bike already has +2 a-arms and a +3 axel should i put my stock a-arms on for every woods race or get 4-1 offset wheels. any suggestions please. how do some of you guys do it. thanks. also i there a-arm skidplates for +2 A-Arms thanks alot

TC426EX
07-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I do the same thing with my bike. I have +2 laegers and an extended Lonestar axle, and I basically run 2 setups. For MX, I run a +1 offset front rim and adjust my suspension accordingly, and run my rear axle with all the spacers, and 15/36 gearing. This is with the smaller Razr MX tires front and rear. For woods riding, I run a 4-1 offset front rim with the spacers removed from the rear axle, and 14/37 geraing. This is with a full set of bigger Razr 2's on ITP Baja rims. You just gotta flop back and forth, but at least you didnt go +3 in the front or youd be screwed. You have to remember to change your gearing when changing your tire sizes too for the different types of riding...