PDA

View Full Version : Faster Raptor

Riding Raptor
07-04-2004, 12:26 AM
i have a 2002 Raptor and I am wanting to put a piston and Cam. what types would be best for my bike and give me the biggest midrange topend gain. I heard good and bad things about the Hotcam and web cam. what would you guys recommend i buy to get the biggest punch of power. I will also be having the head ported.:D

Cody_300ex
07-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Riding Raptor
i have a 2002 Raptor and I am wanting to put a piston and Cam. what types would be best for my bike and give me the biggest midrange topend gain. I heard good and bad things about the Hotcam and web cam. what would you guys recommend i buy to get the biggest punch of power. I will also be having the head ported.:D

Send it off to GTThunder and let them work there magic on it!

FF1O5
07-04-2004, 08:06 AM
My friends older brother send his out to sparks and they put in a 690 kit and the thing rips.He also has the sparks cam,valve spring,ect with a full race port job,and edelbrock carb.Kids got over $6000 in just the motor.If your looking to do the work yourself,I suggest a ross or je piston with maybe a hotcam(im not sure if you need hardened rockers for the raptor)I hear the raptor has a very restrictive exhaust and intake from the factory,so a nice exhaust and filter with the airbox lid removed will be a large improvement over stock.

TC426EX
07-04-2004, 08:37 AM
I have a buddy with a full LRD motor in his raptor, and my other friend wants to go with that Sparks 690 motor. Is that thing SICK or what?? Ive heard all the hype about that kit at the 4 stroke wars at the dunes and I still find it hard to believe that that thing was beating an alky banshee...

FF1O5
07-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Dont know about beating a alky shee',but the thing is sick.Nothing to decsribe it but nasty,it just takes off like nothing i have ever seen.I remember now at nationals in ohio there was a guy with a 727 raptor or something like that,and off the line he dropped the clutch and snapped the front sprocket off the sprocket hub!The guy was like a preacher and held mass at the tracks!He was in dirtwheels with his raptor,all gold plated and stuff.Sick.

TC426EX
07-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I know who you are talking about, that guy used to be in construction and made all that money, then turned into a preacher. He just mainly shows that thing now from what I hear and uses it to help "keep kids out of trouble and off drugs..." Like that will ever work...

Riding Raptor
07-04-2004, 11:52 PM
I have heard all good things about the 690 kit I even hear it outruns that trinity 727 kit sweet. I want to do that as well but I hear you have a couple of months waiting list before they will get the work done.

TC426EX
07-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Riding Raptor
I want to do that as well but I hear you have a couple of months waiting list before they will get the work done.

Yeah, that sparks kit is supposed to rip man... From what I have heard around the track, and from various people, Curtis is not even accepting any motors at the time being. Youd probably have to wait until fall to get it done or make an appointment. Then again, I would guess even more people would be sending their motors in in the fall since it will be the offseason for most...

660rider0_3
08-26-2004, 11:14 PM
What about the Powroll 770 kit ??
It was in dirtwheeles June 2002. that was a sick quad
if you want to check it out goto www.powroll.com

Ryan
08-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by FF1O5
Dont know about beating a alky shee',but the thing is sick.Nothing to decsribe it but nasty,it just takes off like nothing i have ever seen.I remember now at nationals in ohio there was a guy with a 727 raptor or something like that,and off the line he dropped the clutch and snapped the front sprocket off the sprocket hub!The guy was like a preacher and held mass at the tracks!He was in dirtwheels with his raptor,all gold plated and stuff.Sick.

Didn't that guy have a 75 grand Raptor? The first one was worth 50 grand.