PDA

View Full Version : what pipe?

wiesman
07-03-2004, 01:22 PM
I need some advice on what pipe to get for my 450r. I am going to be doing mx but the rules around here say we need to fit under 96 db in Wisconsin. I heard the Curtis Sparks gives good power but is loud. What about the Rossier pipe? Also, anyone know how good the Baldwin Motorsports pipe is, because they are doing alot of testing for the 450r since they are the mechanics for Tim Farr.

TC426EX
07-03-2004, 01:48 PM
My buddy is running the Baldwin pipe (its close you know, were from OH), and he is very pleased with it. I have another friend that is running the Sparks pipe and it makes alot of power everywhere. Both Pipes are great but they are also both seemingly loud. The Sparks is a little louder, but I would call Baldwin and ask him the DB of his TRX pipe. Bottom line is that Mark and Curtis both definitely know what they are doing. Mark has come up with alot of great stuff for that Honda motor... Im sure you would be legal to race with either pipe. I mean come on its closed course competition!! They cant be running THAT tight of an operation there. How can they expect people to race and support their track if they dont allow them to run the best performance products to win? Noise is never an issue usually for MX. Even if there are guidelines, the AMA has the DB level set at 102.

PEPwalshZ440
07-03-2004, 02:31 PM
rossier is powerful and quiet..:devil:

07-03-2004, 06:43 PM
HMF with a quiet core.