PDA

View Full Version : What Quads Too Not Race?

SCOOTER450R
07-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Pretty simple!

I went to the Nebraska National Forrest last weekend and I think I was the fastest there.

There wasn't anyone that would pull up to race.
There was 2 guys on 400EX w/ pipes and a guy on a atc250R
that were drag racing so I pulled up and smoked them, and I knew I would but there was a guy on a piped Raptor, and 2 piped DS650 but nobody would race.

I have a 450R w/ HRC, 13t sprocket, 100oct fuel, and last two baffles in stock muffler removed.
So what should I stay away from?

I also rode by a guy with a predator and he would race either!

cooper505
07-03-2004, 02:58 PM
ME!!!

haha

r450rr
07-03-2004, 05:27 PM
watch out for decked out banshees.. they like to lerck around at those races

Rogers_Dad
07-03-2004, 07:05 PM
I raced my wife today. She was on our Foreman S. I was riding my brand spankin' new 450R. I can officially say racing Foreman's is safe ;) . Seriously that thing is faster than most dirt bike's I've ridden. I love it.

Sportrax10
07-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Raptors, DS650s, Predators, you should be ok...

Anything really modded out, modded Banshees, modded YFZ's, you might wanna get a pipe for...:devil:

04'400ex'er
07-04-2004, 02:05 PM
In an article in atv action about the05' predator, they said that in a drag it would pull the 450's on top. we all know that won't happen on the track, though.

trick450r
07-04-2004, 07:31 PM
The 450r blows preds off the track all day long...i was draging on the ice for a day and took out a ds650, a kfx 440 a banshee with toomys, a stock blaster:D , hmm in one pic it looks like im beeting a arcticat firecat 700 sled when in fact he was just giving me a head start and he hadent left the line yet!:blah: ...their was one guy out their on a decked outt drag sled that got clocked by a cop out their doing 127 mph inside of 300 ft

Jaybr
07-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Cannondales will give you a run, the one in this pic is stock.

04'400ex'er
07-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
The 450r blows preds off the track all day long...i was draging on the ice for a day and took out a ds650, a kfx 440 a banshee with toomys, a stock blaster:D , hmm in one pic it looks like im beeting a arcticat firecat 700 sled when in fact he was just giving me a head start and he hadent left the line yet!:blah: ...their was one guy out their on a decked outt drag sled that got clocked by a cop out their doing 127 mph inside of 300 ft I know that the r is faster on the track. I was talking about drag racing.

joe1l
07-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Cannondales will give you a run, the one in this pic is stock.

I raced a C-dale with moto/speed mapping and I was able to beat him with my 450R. At the time I only had a pipe and a cut airbox lid. We raced a few times and they were all close races but I pulled him everytime.

Chef
07-05-2004, 01:11 AM
You really dont need to waste your money on that 100 octane fuel...it doesnt do you any good with stock compression.

44oEX
07-05-2004, 12:35 PM
a 500ex. you have no hope lol ( I hope anyway )

twisted threads
07-05-2004, 03:05 PM
What to look out for??? This!:D

redroost85
07-05-2004, 03:19 PM
:rolleyes: :devil:

Chef
07-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
What to look out for??? This!:D

Pfft...:o :D

Goat397
07-05-2004, 05:58 PM
to make it easier just watch out for anyone with more money than you

WhiteZee
07-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Chef
You really dont need to waste your money on that 100 octane fuel...it doesnt do you any good with stock compression.

PEPwalshZ440
07-06-2004, 04:44 PM
a 535cc STROKE BANSHEE
http://www.eastcoastatv.com/BuildaQuad/Banshee535CC/side2.jpg :eek2:

Rogers_Dad
07-06-2004, 09:37 PM
I'd race that just to say I lost.:cool:

Toadz400
07-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Rogers_Dad
I'd race that just to say I lost.:cool:

Same here. I wish my Banshee looked half as good and was half as fast as that beast.

Rogers_Dad, where in Minnesota are you located? We're always looking for new people to ride with.

trick450r
07-07-2004, 07:38 AM
I wouldent race my 250r xept maybe in a 50 foot drag!:blah: but seriously my 250r will wreck my 450r if they both get into 5th

tjar66
07-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Don't race my kids on thier Raptor 80's. You might beat them but they wont turn away from a drag race.

TrX450rKiD
07-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
a 535cc STROKE BANSHEE
http://www.eastcoastatv.com/BuildaQuad/Banshee535CC/side2.jpg :eek2:

I could take him :cool:

LOL, if I was in an airplane

Rogers_Dad
07-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Same here. I wish my Banshee looked half as good and was half as fast as that beast.

Rogers_Dad, where in Minnesota are you located? We're always looking for new people to ride with.

Blaine. Send me a PM if that's somewhat close. All the guys I usually ride with have utility machines. It would be nice to not have to stop every 5 minutes and have bugs eat me alive.:D

Toadz400
07-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Rogers_Dad
Blaine. Send me a PM if that's somewhat close. All the guys I usually ride with have utility machines. It would be nice to not have to stop every 5 minutes and have bugs eat me alive.:D

You are probably about an hour and a half from me.

Yea, I don't have to worry about riding with utilities, but I do end up stopping a lot for my friends:p .

Kilabanshee
07-07-2004, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
[B]a 535cc STROKE BANSHEE

I saw that quad at eastcoast when it was first getting built thats one bad *** banshee. Yeah ive seen plenty of quads give the 450's a run, cannondale's,banshee, even my 416ex full modded has a hard time keeping up with the piped ones but still gives them a decent run.

Derno24
07-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by joe1l
I raced a C-dale with moto/speed mapping and I was able to beat him with my 450R. At the time I only had a pipe and a cut airbox lid. We raced a few times and they were all close races but I pulled him everytime.

Not trying to start anything, but you didn't pull him on top. I have had my Dale clocked at 89 mph. It is not stock, but even stocker have a higher top speed than a 450r. If you got him in a short distance than cool it was rider not machine. These quads are very similar and rider can change an outcome drastically. Drag racing may seem like the best way to determine which quad is faster, but it isn't. There are way to many factors that will change the outcome.

Like beer located at the end of the drag strip! :devil:

300extreme#8
07-07-2004, 09:28 PM
them trx 90s wooo, now them jokers r bad***** ,hahaha j/k idk just race people and find out who to stay clear of.all i know

07-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Race em' all!
If you get beat,mod it some more and go back and spank'em.
Its one of those vicous cycle things.

cletusEX
07-08-2004, 08:32 PM
A 440ex done right will give a 450r a run for it's money. Most drag races are won by the rider if both bikes have reasonably the same power.

TRX450R2
07-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Happy racin makes the world go round!:) :cool: :devil:

Rebelrider4OOex
07-09-2004, 10:49 PM
so whats faster stock to stock cdale or 450r?

lukester720
07-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Just figured I'd chime in and let you know that a 450r won the unlimited class in the flat drags the other night. It was 160 ft of hardpack dirt which they did ocassionally sprinkle some water on to keep the dust down. The quad that won has the sparks pipe and agressive cam, sparks jet kit, sparks lightened flywheel/ignition kit, custom intake and a 13.5:1 piston and was spanking everything. he beat a built cannondale, a couple beefed up yfz's, a predator, A few big bore 400's, banshees, a streched blaster with a yzf 600 motor on it and a lt500r. it was double elimination and he did get be once by the lt500r but turned around and beat him in the next race to win it! There were quite a few quads in this class running wheelie bars but he was not one of them. He was running 300ex shocks and cut his linkage and welded a piece in to make it longer so his quad would sit lower. This quad like mine just hooked up and went. here are the pics of these guys quads:
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/lukester720/drags_005.jpg
I'm not sure which one of the quads on the end won because they look identical, the only difference is that one has a hrc cam and the other has the sparks cam, I thing the one with the sparks cam is a little faster though. The one in the center is stock and has won just about every stock 4 stroke class it has entered in this year:macho

Sportrax10
07-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by lukester720
Just figured I'd chime in and let you know that a 450r won the unlimited class in the flat drags the other night. It was 160 ft of hardpack dirt which they did ocassionally sprinkle some water on to keep the dust down. The quad that won has the sparks pipe and agressive cam, sparks jet kit, sparks lightened flywheel/ignition kit, custom intake and a 13.5:1 piston and was spanking everything. he beat a built cannondale, a couple beefed up yfz's, a predator, A few big bore 400's, banshees, a streched blaster with a yzf 600 motor on it and a lt500r. it was double elimination and he did get be once by the lt500r but turned around and beat him in the next race to win it! There were quite a few quads in this class running wheelie bars but he was not one of them. He was running 300ex shocks and cut his linkage and welded a piece in to make it longer so his quad would sit lower. This quad like mine just hooked up and went. here are the pics of these guys quads:
I'm not sure which one of the quads on the end won because they look identical, the only difference is that one has a hrc cam and the other has the sparks cam, I thing the one with the sparks cam is a little faster though. The one in the center is stock and has won just about every stock 4 stroke class it has entered in this year:macho

Wow thats quite impressive!:macho

Rogers_Dad
07-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by lukester720
When I die and wake up in heaven (I hope:devil: ) this is what I want to see in front of me.:cool:

Snow
07-10-2004, 09:19 PM
yeah that is a beutifull sight:eek2: . im drooling

joe1l
07-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Not trying to start anything, but you didn't pull him on top. I have had my Dale clocked at 89 mph. It is not stock, but even stocker have a higher top speed than a 450r. If you got him in a short distance than cool it was rider not machine. These quads are very similar and rider can change an outcome drastically. Drag racing may seem like the best way to determine which quad is faster, but it isn't. There are way to many factors that will change the outcome.

??? I'm not trying to flame any C-dales. But I had him, and they were very long drag races. There is no doubt the Cdale has a great top end, because I rode his and i agree that they are very fast on top, and can rev to the moon, but my 450R had better bottom end so I would get the holeshot every time. Not to mention that the 450r is geared higher than a C-dale. According to the gearing calculators a 450r's top speed is close to the same as the C-dales. http://www.kg4vpv.com/~ncliborne/cdale.htm (Gearing Calcutlator) I know you love your C-dale but don't tell what I did and did not do, I have no reason to make up stories.

danyeo
07-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by joe1l
??? I'm not trying to flame any C-dales. But I had him, and they were very long drag races. There is no doubt the Cdale has a great top end, because I rode his and i agree that they are very fast on top, and can rev to the moon, but my 450R had better bottom end so I would get the holeshot every time. Not to mention that the 450r is geared higher than a C-dale. According to the gearing calculators a 450r's top speed is close to the same as the C-dales. http://www.kg4vpv.com/~ncliborne/cdale.htm (Gearing Calcutlator) I know you love your C-dale but don't tell what I did and did not do, I have no reason to make up stories.

Hey Joe. One thing to remember is that my quad kept giving me problems with shifting as i was getting stuck in 2nd gear, also consider my engine blew up in May so who knows what was the matter with it. But even if those things were fixed the 450r is still excellent in a drag and probably better on trails than the Dale, maybe i would have been even with you through the first 3 gears if i had no problems and if i was a better drag racer but the Dale would pull away in 5th probably. But still, your quad is still running strong right now and i am quadless and that's really the main thing, i do love the overall feel and smooth power of the 450r and Honda quality and reliabilty compared to a used Cannondale isn't worth discussing which is better. Overall though i could see a drag between a Dale and a 450r going either way with the rider being the main factor, they are both really fast quads.
In response the original post, since most quad riders are recreational riders who cares if you loose or not, go out and race anyone, what's the point of spending 6000 on a quad and being afraid of race someone.