PDA

View Full Version : White Bros. Pro Pipe

Hbobb
07-03-2004, 09:27 AM
My local dealer has the aluminum version of the full carbon pro for about $500. I know this is one of the best pipes for the CRF while maintaining reasonable sound level. The carbon pro is the pipe Ricky Carmichael and Kevin Windham use for MX on their CRF450Rs. Sound level is about same as stock CRF. I wonder if it is also a good pipe for the TRX.

Does anybody have this pipe, ridden this pipe, or other opinions?

I was thinking about LRD until they told me 102 db. Too loud. Sparks and HMF look interesting as well.

muddy400EX
07-03-2004, 11:09 AM
if your worried about noise then you probly should not get sparks. i heard one a few days ago and damn it was loud. it sounded good though.

Hbobb
07-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Finally had a chance to put the HRC cam in a couple of days ago. Nice change at top but.....I am spoiled from riding my CRF (way way quicker than the TRX). I want to increase the bottom-mid especially and top a little more. I would be willing to go up to about 100 db.

I am new to 4 wheelers but it sure seems that objective pipe data is lacking. Would be nice to see dyno's and db data for various pipes. Have any of the magazines done pipe shootouts showing that info? Maybe I'm going to have to get something with a quiet core option for when I need that.

And....thanks to all you who contribute good info on this site. Very nice. I have used thumpertalk.com for years but the TRX450R area is still lacking there.

team_450_88
07-06-2004, 11:34 AM
your not kidding I am soo use to the hard pullin power of the crf and my 450r dont pull quite as hard..It feels like my old 400ex..but im gonna get some motor work done this winter..Port and Polish the top-end...get higher compression piston (domed) and get a new cam and ill have to rejet the stock carb or maybe get a aftermarket..!!

HRDCOR23
07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
I got the White Bros. full race system 2 months ago. Two rides in the sand and the titainium header cracked an inch from the exhaust port. I was spanking every four stroke out there until that. Still waiting for a reply from White Bros. as to if they will replace it or not.