PDA

View Full Version : Keep works, or sell em and buy elkas.

Republicrat
07-03-2004, 05:45 AM
Should i get my works revalved for +2 arms with a Derisi milinium kit, or sell them and get something else like elkas?? With the revalving it would be about the same money as if i sold the shocks and bought new ones.
thx

atvmx14
07-03-2004, 07:43 AM
If i had a chance to sell my works shoc's and pick up some elka's i would probaly do so.. you would be starting back ahead of what you have now..

atvmx14
07-03-2004, 07:45 AM
If this helps!!
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113729

TC426EX
07-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Not even a choice, go with the Elkas...

Pappy
07-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Not even a choice, go with the Elkas...

i differ with this,

if the works are re done with the derisi milleniuim kit, they will preform IMO better then off the shelf elka's. ofcourse you dont have piggy back rezzy's or compression adjustment, but if pure ride quality is the goal then the derisi built works would get my vote

Florida400EX
07-04-2004, 12:42 AM
I was in the same situation. I sold my works shocks for aaround $350. I could have gone with a revalve/ pro millenium for like $250 or whatever it is,or upgrade. Lucky I sold it, and found some nice used TCS shocks, in great shape, with big rezzies and compression adjust. I only payed $450 for those, and they had only 10 hours on them since last service, from a good reputable seller. I would look into some used shocks, in great shape, that have had a recent service that are setup for your needs. It all comes down to what YOU want, not us on the site.

Rootar
07-04-2004, 09:17 PM
ive read and looked up all the shock stuff i could find in theese fourms and others and from what i understand i belive what pappy said is exactly what many others will say but if it wa me id prolly go with opt for the rebuild b/c i read that alot of people that have had both liked ther rebuilts better???but i wouldn't myself cause i dont have a/m shocks but im hoopeing to get fronts and my rear rebuilt before next summer