PDA

View Full Version : one simple question

YFZ450Ridr
07-02-2004, 11:34 PM
ok i know this might be a stupid question and ur all prolly gona make fun of me and call me stupid but.... why do almost all racers trim thier front fenders? i have a few ideas y but i jsut dont know.

TheFontMaster
07-02-2004, 11:40 PM
I dont race, but the things I like about the race cut fenders is the look, I can see the front wheels, and IMO it feeles like there is more room on the quad.

Nausty
07-02-2004, 11:43 PM
yeah, imo it helps w/ the feel of quad and I feel like I can tell what its doing better.

Plus it helps when you can spot landings if your front end is high your your landing is really, see where your at on ruts, and it looks cool.:p

Ryan
07-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
yeah, imo it helps w/ the feel of quad and I feel like I can tell what its doing better.

Plus it helps when you can spot landings if your front end is high your your landing is really, see where your at on ruts, and it looks cool.:p

Yup... Also helps you focus on where the front tires are going to. EXP: Ruts.....

YFZ450Ridr
07-03-2004, 12:37 AM
i see i see, well its nice to have nice people reply instead of those jack@$$es i see lately in posts....

Punk'd
07-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
i see i see, well its nice to have nice people reply instead of those jack@$$es i see lately in posts....

:blah:

YFZ450Ridr
07-03-2004, 01:00 AM
randy i didnt ask for ur 2 cents :blah:

Bill Fuller
07-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Most people who trim thier fenders race MX.I race XC and I prefer the full fender for splash protection,theres nothing worse than soaking your gloves/goggles 2 miles into a 35 mile race.:mad:

brian-250
07-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Most people who trim thier fenders race MX.I race XC and I prefer the full fender for splash protection,theres nothing worse than soaking your gloves/goggles 2 miles into a 35 mile race.:mad:

sissy:devil:

Atreyu
07-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by brian-250
sissy:devil:

Stop speaking--no one wants to hear what you have to say.

When jumping with full fenders the air can catch the fenders and sort of throw you different ways--might not be noticeable, but it happens.

Bill Fuller
07-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by brian-250
sissy:devil: I'll see you at H/M boy:macho :blah:

300extreme#8
07-03-2004, 11:45 AM
shaved fenders help alot,i just wanted to do it for looks then quickly relized i started ridin alot faster on track in the woods every where and it even jumped better,and when i got the 450r i put 1 good breakin in ride and brought to the shop and took the fenders off,it jumps better u turn better b/c u see where ur turns go in the berms and it helps a heck of alot in whoops and they aren't always gettin on ur nerves b/c they flop everywhere,and u really don't get that much mudder,just depends on how u ride it,but i love mine and will never go back to full fenders for any reason,plus u feel like u have lots more rom on it,well hope i helped

TC426EX
07-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Trimmed fenders rule for all the reasons above. Ill never use full ones again, but then again I am one of the MX guys...

TGW_400ex
07-03-2004, 01:37 PM
ok i know this might be a stupid question and ur all prolly gona make fun of me and call me stupid but.... why do almost all racers trim thier front fenders? i have a few ideas y but i jsut dont know.

I think its because they get f'ed when you wreak so they cut em off well atlest that was the reason i cut mine

I also gives you a little more leg room if your a big guy....

Originally posted by 300extreme#8
shaved fenders help alot,i just wanted to do it for looks then quickly relized i started ridin alot faster on track in the woods every where and it even jumped better,and when i got the 450r i put 1 good breakin in ride and brought to the shop and took the fenders off,it jumps better u turn better b/c u see where ur turns go in the berms and it helps a heck of alot in whoops and they aren't always gettin on ur nerves b/c they flop everywhere,and u really don't get that much mudder,just depends on how u ride it,but i love mine and will never go back to full fenders for any reason,plus u feel like u have lots more rom on it,well hope i helped

Ummmm......You definatly get ALOT more muddy with cut fenders

TCracin440ex
07-03-2004, 03:52 PM
shaved front plastics rule man....i went ot the mx track 1 time during an open practice with my fronts....soon as i got home i hacked them off....i cant even ride a quad now w/o havin shaved front plastics...ive rode soem of my friends w/o shaved fronts and i felt like i was ridding naked....so used to seeing the front wheels and the way they work and move...

and also the fronts act like a big parachute and catch air...ive jumped w/ fronts and it fuggin sux...every quad i own from now on will be pulled in the garge and shavin my fronts

Punk'd
07-03-2004, 04:53 PM
randy i didnt ask for ur 2 cents :blah:

If I had 2 cents id by a ice cream

TheFontMaster
07-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Ummmm......You definatly get ALOT more muddy with cut fenders

Ummmm... no you dont, I have a 300ex with cut fenders, and one of my friends has a 300ex with fenders, and we did some riding one day and he and his quad was just as muddy as mine.

fyffe23
07-03-2004, 10:30 PM
main purpose for shaved fenders:
k. take being on a fourwheeler without shaved fenders, imagine drining through wind coming from the front of you.. the fenders are going to catch the air and slow you down.

if youve shaved tour fenders off, nothing to catch air...

except for the back fenders wich is why some people shave their back ones up a little high.

thats how ive always imagined/thought of the purpose for shaved fenders.

TGW_400ex
07-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Ummmm... no you dont, I have a 300ex with cut fenders, and one of my friends has a 300ex with fenders, and we did some riding one day and he and his quad was just as muddy as mine.

whatever you say man I ride w/ 400ex's that still have fenders and they def get alot less muddy than me and my friends that do have them cut off

300extreme#8
07-04-2004, 01:57 PM
like i said it depends on the way u ride,when u go fast most the time the fronts throw the dirt back..not up,so it don't get on u as much just the small stuff,and u really get used to it,but if ur goin through water and anything for 4x4 u will get muddy wet w/e but u will with fenders also,like i said before most the time it's throw dirt mudd back not up so when u shave them all thats gettin on u is the litte stuff that is caked under the fenders but it really don't get on u b/c ur tires stick out,plus it depends on what tires u have also.put it this way if ur not gettin dirty shaved fenders or not,but if ur not dirty then u ain't ridin,lol just shave em u'll like it

YFZ450Ridr
07-04-2004, 02:59 PM
my dad would prolly $hit if i shaved my fenders lol. hed prolly say something like this.....'WHAT THE F***K WERE U THINKING! I PAID FOR THE D@M THING AND NOW UR GOING TO GO AND CUT THE FENDERS!!' (with a hard punch in the arm)