PDA

View Full Version : jump help?

blasterrider123
07-02-2004, 05:44 PM
i need some tips on how to build a good size table top all i got is a shovel and the pit im building it at i have to move the dirt from one end to the other so its kinda a bit*h to do any tips on how to make it hard to cuz the jumps iv made are to soft and the get demolished and i packed them down to

Rip_Tear
07-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Well you can burry stuff, logs, cars, people... lol. And to help your hardness problem if you have some old carpet you put in on the face of the jump, face down get it wet and over it in like 2" of dirt and then pack it down.

fastblaster2002
07-02-2004, 10:52 PM
i burry logs in the shape of my take off...then i take my little red wagon (PAAAAAMP) and i attach it to my swingarm with a chain and i go to the front of my trails and load it up with dirt and haul it back...i reshape the jump if its needed with dirt to make my take off look good...then just lay logs (or cars) flat long enough for a tabletop and cover it with some dirt...keep watering it and packing it...have fun

ReconRider25
07-03-2004, 08:07 AM
try puttin some water on the dirt after you pack it down and let it dry overnight. thatll help keep it hard and not wear away. also the logs do work really well to bury under the dirt. and where abouts in northwood are you? i got relatives in nh and we go to northwood lake everytime we go up there. are the trails there good? maybe i can bring my quad up there next time i go. :p

fastblaster2002
07-03-2004, 10:56 AM
every jump ive ever made was burried logs...they work so good