PDA

View Full Version : True Metal Fans...

Tantal
07-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Let's hear it, what is everyones favorite metal band of all time?

Mine is, of course, Superjoint Ritual.

jslayer
07-02-2004, 09:19 PM
KORN ALL THE WAY:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

LTandRaptorider
07-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by jslayer
KORN ALL THE WAY:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

"I feel the anger changing me". ;)

Korn
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Rage against the machine
Audioslave
Slipknot
Staind

Bretmd94
07-02-2004, 09:26 PM
I would like to konw how Audioslave and Stained classify as metal.:confused:

Slayer is my favorite "Metal" band. I love Slipknow to death, but their music isnt really the classic "heavy metal". I dont know what its clssified under.

INFANTRY RACING
07-02-2004, 09:27 PM
i just got the new killswitch engage & atreyu.

atreyu sucked but killswitch rocks

ministry
hatebreed:devil:
metalica(old stuff)
tool
as i lay dying
from autum to ashes
maytar ad

ah theres so many great metal bands

LTandRaptorider
07-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
I would like to konw how Audioslave and Stained classify as metal.:confused:

Slayer is my favorite "Metal" band. I love Slipknow to death, but their music isnt really the classic "heavy metal". I dont know what its clssified under.

Well, maybe it would be better for you to explain how they are not? :confused:

Dan_Guetter
07-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Tantal
Let's hear it, what is everyones favorite metal band of all time?

Mine is, of course, Superjoint Ritual.

Dude, of ALL time

Superjoint Ritual is a new band.

To be a True metal fan, pantera shoulda been your answer

no phil, no superjoint ritual

But i can understand if you were born in mid late 80's
:blah:

My pic would have to be blink 182

batgeek
07-02-2004, 09:31 PM
real metal?

Pantera....hands down.

INFANTRY RACING
07-02-2004, 09:34 PM
metalica and slayer ownz pantera

INFANTRY RACING
07-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, maybe it would be better for you to explain how they are not? :confused: cause they are poppy rock banks

Dan_Guetter
07-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING

Oh no you didn't:o :blah:

people could argue this topic all night

thats why this thread is lame:rolleyes:

brian-250
07-02-2004, 09:40 PM

Korn
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Rage against the machine
Audioslave
Slipknot
Staind :macho

SRH
07-02-2004, 09:41 PM

Korn
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Rage against the machine
Audioslave
Slipknot
Staind

not metal
not metal
not metal
not metal
not metal
not metal

id have to say for me it would be six feet under for sure

Nausty
07-02-2004, 10:36 PM
pry not all if hardly any "truly" classified as metal but frankly I don't give a ****.:o

from autumn to ashes
slipknot
36 crazyfists
sinisstar
static x
chimara
god forbid
ect, ect

airheadedduner
07-02-2004, 11:12 PM

You put metalica in as a joke right?

Pantera, soulfly, or sepultera :macho

Ryan
07-02-2004, 11:46 PM

Korn
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Rage against the machine
Audioslave
Slipknot
Staind

You are old.... But WISE :macho ...

I like Superjoint Ritual and Gwar.

batgeek
07-02-2004, 11:52 PM
ahhh Gwar :)

i still remember the first time a piece of liver landed on my head at the first Gwar concert i went to. i didn't want to wash my head but knew it would end up stinking within a couple of days.

Ryan
07-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
ahhh Gwar :)

i still remember the first time a piece of liver landed on my head at the first Gwar concert i went to. i didn't want to wash my head but knew it would end up stinking within a couple of days.

A noddder old wise sum bioch!v ;) :macho .

They have some sick shows! Im going every year!

kamikaze_rzrbak
07-03-2004, 12:26 AM
metallica static-x and ...
Bon Jovi:macho

toby400ex
07-03-2004, 01:57 AM
metalica and slayer ownz pantera Burn him at the stake!:blah:

LTandRaptorider
07-03-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
You are old.... But WISE :macho ...

I like Superjoint Ritual and Gwar.

Ha! :D I've been called one of those many times, but hardly ever the other... guess which one?! :p

I forgot to mention Megadeth, used to listen to them many moons ago. Is that metal?

and freesrhride... it ain't metal, but I got something hard for you right here... :eek: :devil:

Infantry... poppy rock my ***... we must have different definitions of that...

Republicrat
07-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Metallica (sorta)
Some others..

And for an older hard rock sound Motorhead.

and korn is not metal. Its like simple plan with heavy distortion and long hair.

07-03-2004, 06:35 AM
im sayin korn ive been to 3 of their concerts they are heavy
kiss
chamaria `
old metallica
iron maiden
old sabbath
stampin ground

do u know whats weird back in the day every1 thought kiss were satans but now look at all this new metal

hondafox440
07-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Republicrat
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Metallica (sorta)
Some others..

Haha, finally someone mentions Maiden. "Ruuuun to the hiiiiiiilsss"

What do you guys classify as "metal"? Music where you can't understand the lyrics because all he does is scream and the actual music is just jumbled because its everyone in the band playing whatever they want as loud and "hardcore" as possible?

TC426EX
07-03-2004, 07:05 AM
FIrst off, alot of you are not naming metal bands.... For the record, Metallica is NOT metal, is NOT brutal, is NOT heavy, has the worst no talent drumming ever and is a totally trendy sucky band... Yes, EVEN the old ****... The double bass on "one" is UNimpressive, Lars sucks and always has. Now Slayer deserves respect, they are real metal. I find myself listening to the brutal heavy stuff to get me pumped and have been for years... Stuff like old Machine Head (davidian-yeah!!), old Sepultura (Chaos A.D. and Arise esp..) Suffocation, Malevolent Creation, Chimaira, Pantera, Dying Fetus, KSE, and also Hatebreed even though they are more hardcore, theyre still heavy and pissed off... Staind, and all that dont belong on this post... HAIL THE TRUE METAL FANS OUT THERE!!!!:devil:

Guy400
07-03-2004, 07:24 AM
PANTERA "Walk on home, boy...":devil:

trick450r
07-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Metallica
Pantara
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Black Label Society

And last but not least SUM41!!! lol:p :rolleyes: :blah: :macho :devil:

Republicrat
07-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
FIrst off, alot of you are not naming metal bands.... For the record, Metallica is NOT metal, is NOT brutal, is NOT heavy, has the worst no talent drumming ever and is a totally trendy sucky band... Yes, EVEN the old ****... The double bass on "one" is UNimpressive, Lars sucks and always has. Now Slayer deserves respect, they are real metal. I find myself listening to the brutal heavy stuff to get me pumped and have been for years... Stuff like old Machine Head (davidian-yeah!!), old Sepultura (Chaos A.D. and Arise esp..) Suffocation, Malevolent Creation, Chimaira, Pantera, Dying Fetus, KSE, and also Hatebreed even though they are more hardcore, theyre still heavy and pissed off... Staind, and all that dont belong on this post... HAIL THE TRUE METAL FANS OUT THERE!!!!:devil:

you must be a good drummer then;)

TC426EX
07-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Yup, used to drum, and play bass... Had an 8 piece double bass Pearl drumset and Sabian cymbals. I used to jam with a few dudes around here but decided to sell everything and invest in my 250R I had at that time...

Atreyu
07-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Atreyu, Bleeding Through, Most Precious Blood, From Autumn To Ashes, As I Lay Dying, Avenged sevenfold, etc. Most are hardcore but it's hard to determine whats HC and whats metal.

TWISTED
07-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Six Feet Under,Deicide,Morbid Angel,and Stryper HA HA

Ryan
07-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Ha! :D I've been called one of those many times, but hardly ever the other... guess which one?! :p

I forgot to mention Megadeth, used to listen to them many moons ago. Is that metal?

and freesrhride... it ain't metal, but I got something hard for you right here... :eek: :devil:

Infantry... poppy rock my ***... we must have different definitions of that...

You damn right Megadeth is metal! ;)

Im actually listening to them right now...... Captive Honor aint no Honor! :macho

Twisted, Deicide is a sick metal band! Love the music, but only can listen to them no longer then 5 minutes..... Headaches occur.

Tantal
07-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Dude, of ALL time

Superjoint Ritual is a new band.

To be a True metal fan, pantera shoulda been your answer

no phil, no superjoint ritual

But i can understand if you were born in mid late 80's

My pic would have to be blink 182

I wouldn't really consider SJR as a "new" band. SJR has been together since the late 80's - they just didn't release anything until 01 due to Phil being extremely busy with Pantera.

Actually, I was born in 82. While I do like many other bands - like Slayer, Sepultura, Down, etc., I hold SJR as my all time fav - I personally feel as though no others come close.

Mxjunkie
07-03-2004, 09:59 AM
my fav are, AS i lay dying,Atreyu,Remembering Never,Poison The Well,Static Lullaby,From Autumn 2 ashes,Rage Against The Machine,THE sky came falling,sympohny in peril,Alexisonfire,Senses Fail,God Forbid,Scars Of Tomorrow

rollie
07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
killswitch engage or hatebreed:o

Pappy
07-03-2004, 10:45 AM
i think the day i heard some of my favorite bands played on a "classic rock" station was the day i truly felt old:(

maiden, dio, megadeath, old metalica....i miss the days when a good song and childhood innocence would lead to gett'n some in the car in the parkin lot of the concert:o hell....4th row boot has been accomplished:devil:

Guy400
07-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
maiden, dio, megadeath, old metalica....Don't lie, Kenny. Your list is more like Chicago, Air Supply and Kool and the Gang...lmfao :devil:

Pappy
07-03-2004, 12:00 PM
hey "celebration" is a cool song:bandit:

that song was created so even white people could dance to it

:devil:

gncc400exxx
07-03-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm going to have to say ANTHRAX since nobody else has.

Me in the red hat front row ,last fall in INDY

Nausty
07-03-2004, 07:52 PM
if we're gonna post pics....

I'm the tall, pasty mf'er. in the middle.

http://img1.imageshack.us/img1/7571/concert.jpg

black box films
07-03-2004, 08:13 PM
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/g605.gif

-Bo

zzbudzz
07-04-2004, 01:16 AM
i would have to say ....early Pantera , but before them black sabbath

Bretmd94
07-04-2004, 02:14 AM
Some people have it right in here.

Metal is really more like the old style really heavy stuff.

Audioslave is decent, but its just rock. Not even close to metal at all. Even when he was with Soundgarden, still not close.

Heavy metal is classic stuff to me. Im not into anyone new trying to do old classic metal sounds though..

Now its Mudvayne, and slipknot for me. Theres real hardcore for you. Its not allowed to be on the radio. Slipknots fans are reffered to as maggots. But, i dont consider it to be metal. They are totally different than the old metal. I just consider it hard core rock. Its like rock wiht a lot of screaming. Its great.

Texasrider
07-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Two of my favorites that got left off;

Overkill!!! (the name say's it all)
Prong ("industrial" metal)

Anybody remember Testament, Exodus, Death Angel???

Judas Priest - not one of my favorites but worth mentioning I
guess.

THEbluYFZ450
07-04-2004, 12:08 PM
pantera
lamb of god
killswitch engage (old stuff)
shadows fall

and for everyone that thinks Slipknot is the best... you need to go listen to more of your rap because slipknot=sh*t

Mxjunkie
07-04-2004, 12:13 PM
black sabbath kicks arse :macho

beak7707
07-04-2004, 01:06 PM
White/Rob Zombie Rules!!!

devildriver422
07-04-2004, 01:56 PM
allz i gotta say is maggots for life anyone who knows what i mean and agrees kicks ***

Kurt
07-04-2004, 09:53 PM
fear factory, machine head

DEAL
07-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Metallica , Hands down.
Pantera, Megadeth, Iron maiden are good too.

bulkdriverlp
07-04-2004, 10:05 PM
heavy metal was,

black sabbath
dio
iron maiden
ac-dc
pantera
old metallica
molley hatchett
old van halen

there were a lot more, but i like hair bands anyways. ed

DEAL
07-04-2004, 10:07 PM
The new Metallica is good too..
I don't care what anyone says, their music is gonna change with time if they want to keep selling records.

Greg Z
07-05-2004, 12:44 AM
well

the new atreyu is AWSOME

but hes saying metal not really hardcore but w/e

my fav metal / hardcore band has to be

HASTE THE DAY

or

REMEMBERING NEVER

zephead400ex
07-05-2004, 10:03 AM
"Metal" cannot be defined. Well, maybe it could, but I would just rather list the 'metal' bands that I enjoy:blah:

Black Sabbath
Hatebreed
Fear Factory
Soulfly
The Agony Scene
As I Lay Dieing
Chimaira
Earth Crisis
Kataklysm
Killswitch Engaged
Mudvayne
etc....

The list goes on but are not coming to mind right now.

Dan_Guetter
07-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by devildriver422
allz i gotta say is maggots for life anyone who knows what i mean and agrees kicks ***

i cant believe your the only one that mentioned them till now. nothing compares to their first cd!

TheMachine
07-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Fear Factory
Static-X
Soulfly
Mudvayne(Dig is the only one)
Rorschach Test
Damage Plan
Ministry

devildriver422
07-05-2004, 09:22 PM
i cant believe your the only one that mentioned them till now. nothing compares to their first cd!

this is jon g. right?
well anyway umm one thing compares to the 1st cd...the new one!! but iowa..not so great...their 1st one was heavy as hell and kick***** and their new one has more melodies and all....they expanded musically i like the ew one more but in a dif. way

TC426EX
07-05-2004, 09:24 PM
You know, I cant stand all the hatin on the Iowa CD!!! To me that is the best one! The first one ruled, and the new one is a sellout, but Iowa had to be the heaviest one! Almost every song is just ripping heavy. So the "lyrical content" isnt there, big deal, but it is still their most angry release yet...

devildriver422
07-05-2004, 09:27 PM

the only thing that compares to the 1st cd is...the new one!! iowa wasnt so great(too much mixing not enuff guitar n drums) and the 1st one was just plain heavy sic music...the enw one is more musical they got better and expanded and coreys voice developed more and god d@m! its awesome he used to be able to scream....now he can whisper, sing, scream, and talk in the same song and make it work

Greg Z
07-05-2004, 09:42 PM
sorry but

the first album from slipknot

was AMAZING i think it was the best

Iowa SUCKED!!! he tryed going death metal

the new one is melodic

Why cant they be them selves and NOT try to sell records....

anyways the new one is good but it isnt them but im glad for them

Tantal
07-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Just my personal opinion - Slipknot sucks. Way too commercialized and what's with the masks :confused:

devildriver422
07-06-2004, 01:39 PM
lets see how r they commercialized? they rnt cuz they cud give less of a f*ck wut ppl think and they def. rnt a mainstream ***** band....and about the masks they express themselves...part of the reason they r like they r is cuz of ppl like u...who dont agree with them they love to make ppl hate them n id have to agree

Greg Z
07-06-2004, 04:02 PM
im sorry but the masks are just stupid iv been a fan since 99 of them and lost total respect when IOWA came out

after IOWA they thought if they were heavyer and looked like crazy people with masks

that would bring money.. yeah bring money for the people that would do that but people like me that IS for music and not appearence cought on and was like **** this stupid ****

devildriver422
07-06-2004, 09:00 PM
yea they almost need money too :confused: wtf man so iowa wasnt that great it was still good and they never sed theyd be heavier...they sed dark theres a difference, and as for masks they rly dont care if they look crazy they do it to express themselves if u dont agree f*ck off and stfu all i kno is that i agree with exactly wut they stand for and everything they represent and i can find sumthin in their music that just...idk...it just fits so their music is like a relief if u cant c that in some band then i feel abd for u...wait no i dont cuz u dissed the knot!!

devildriver422
07-06-2004, 09:02 PM
and btw it is about the music but also the lifstyle and the stage show is part of the lifestyle if u understand all their songs(i mean every song) cuz they all have hidden messages that only some people ever get and all it takes is time cuz i think a band shudnt just be music they shud have messages inside the music

CHAR250R
07-06-2004, 09:32 PM
The Metal Gods......... Judas Priest. Not the new stuff, the old stuff. Like: Saints in Hell, Dissident Agressor, One for the Road, Cheater, Genocide, Run of the Mill, Beyond the Realms of Death, Better by you Better than me, Deceiver, the list goes on...... If you know any of these tunes, you were probably born in or around 68 or 69, or just a hardcore Priest fan. Black Sabbath. The inventers of Metal. Ozzfest: Priest & Sabbath!!! Could it be any better? Just in case anybody throws out the gay card, think of this: If Doug Gust or Tim Farr were gay, would you still go see them race? Hummmmmmm......:devil:

Greg Z
07-06-2004, 11:58 PM
and btw it is about the music but also the lifstyle and the stage show is part of the lifestyle if u understand all their songs(i mean every song) cuz they all have hidden messages that only some people ever get and all it takes is time cuz i think a band shudnt just be music they shud have messages inside the music they say they have messages

just so a little kid can be like maybe i will hear it

BAM they buy the album and then slipknot gets the money

listin I like slipknot but I just dont find out the point they are wearing the mask.. they first said they dont want people to bother them or find out there identity.. WELL wtf look at stone sour and the other bands they have there masks off.. So that was a lie!!!

hondarider2006
07-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Killswitch is by far my favorite:)

MY450R
07-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Pantera, soulfly, or sepultera

RIGHT ON MAN EXACTLY WHAT ID SAY EXEPT WITH THE ADDITION OF DISTURBED:cool:

devildriver422
07-07-2004, 08:58 AM
hah the reason they wear masks is the exact opposite of wut u sed its not so ppl dont kno wut they look like its so ppl kno who they rly are their masks show their personality and about the messages...yea they say they have them, u buy the cd, listen to it once, ur not gonna hear it u gotta kno more about the band and kno their lifestyle and stuff then maybe after listening to the cd over and over...and backwards....u might get some messages so just stfu about stuff u dont understand

Pvt. Maggot
07-07-2004, 01:33 PM
ah...what a nice topic lol...well..this thread is kinda of lacking info...since there are so many branches of metal...its hard to classify bands as metal and thats why you guys are gonna argue lol....def confusing...theres so many types of metal its unbelieveable....thrash metal...black metal...heavy metal....blah blah blah the list gos on...lol....but anyway....my fav bands would have to be...

slayer...slipknot...pantara....six feet under...cannible corpse...wow..this is hard..i wanna put all kinda of bands...i don't really have a fav...i like so many different styles...gotta love van halen...ac/dc...guns and roses...man...i love it all...:devil:

Greg Z
07-07-2004, 09:48 PM
hah the reason they wear masks is the exact opposite of wut u sed its not so ppl dont kno wut they look like its so ppl kno who they rly are their masks show their personality and about the messages...yea they say they have them, u buy the cd, listen to it once, ur not gonna hear it u gotta kno more about the band and kno their lifestyle and stuff then maybe after listening to the cd over and over...and backwards....u might get some messages so just stfu about stuff u dont understand no dude your wrong and im not gonna stfu. First of all your an idiot and shouldnt be replying in this thread............ By the way Music played backwards? WTF... Hey have you ever thought .... You need a life and need to relize not to play **** backwards. Thats the most ridicoulous thing Ever.. Play there stuff backwards and youll really get to know them!!! play it the right way and the right way is listing to it the way it came with the CD... And No there not showing what they really are.. Corey taylor use to work at a porn shop.. Wheres the damn Dildo on his head i dont see it... Its just for show and so that no one knows who they are so there not botherd... says it all over the place in circus magazine when they first came out.. so you shut your mouth and im done talking to a little 13 year old girl that thinks slipknot is amazing because they think its halloween all year round...

EvilJester400EX
07-07-2004, 10:01 PM
The reason Slipknot wears the masks is so "people will realize it's about the music, not the faces" or whatever.. stupid reason if you ask me. I like them, but the mask deal is kinda lame.

devildriver422
07-07-2004, 10:05 PM
dude if u play their music backwards they say stuff...and i do have a life just becuz i follow a bands message doesnt mean i have no life and im not gonna bother with the mask thing id rly rly love to c u say that to their faces...how is it that they pretend its halloween because they express themselves the reason they do it is because nobody undertsnads them like u shallow little pricks that think u understand everything

jaspurx
07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
from before they decided to mellow out!

TC426EX
07-07-2004, 10:22 PM
someones got a bad case of Teen Angst...

bradley300
07-07-2004, 11:10 PM
IMO, metal is the music played by bands like exodus, metallica, pantera, slayer and megadeth. there not totaly screaming songs like slipknot, and the lyrics have somewhat of a point, but the music is the main focus with ripping guitar solos and even instrumental tracks

and why cant slipknot be there selves? "theres selves wasnt putting enuff food onthe table, just like metallica.

these guys love music, and and changed so they could continue to be succesful with it, its call SACRIFICE, something most of you people obviously dont understand.

Florida400EX
07-08-2004, 12:51 AM
You guys are soo into judging people by their style. Music is all opinion. Some like rap (the unfortunete ones), and some like rock. There is also gay music like those new NFG bands and crap. But it's up to what you want to listen to, and you guys group music like you can't listen to this if you listen to that, it's stupid.

Well, andways, I listen to (hed) pe, pantera, black sabbath, some Ill Nino, you guys catch my rath....

Greg Z
07-08-2004, 02:32 AM
dude if u play their music backwards they say stuff if you play a britney spears song backwards it will say stuff...

lol your point?

batgeek
07-08-2004, 03:13 AM
jesus christmas in July!!

get a room you two.

Tantal
07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
ah...what a nice topic lol...well..this thread is kinda of lacking info...since there are so many branches of metal...its hard to classify bands as metal and thats why you guys are gonna argue lol....def confusing...theres so many types of metal its unbelieveable....thrash metal...black metal...heavy metal....blah blah blah the list gos on...lol....but anyway....my fav bands would have to be...

:confused:

My topic is, in fact, not lacking any info at all. I was referring to Metal as a whole, ALL variations included - no specific type... hence "of all time" - from the beginning to present.

:D

K_Banger125
07-08-2004, 05:32 PM
i like Killswitch engaged, hatebreed, slipknot, and disturbed

Tantal
07-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Superjoint Ritual! (pics borrowed from SJR site)...

Hank Williams lll...
http://microbot.myserver.org/HankIII/III-0021.JPG

Kevin Bond...
http://auction4.comton.com/member/ccred/a8.jpg

http://www.unratedmagazine.com/images/Photos/040-SuperJ_0006.jpg

Joe Fazzio...
http://www.cosselphotography.com/sjr/sjrdetroit17.jpg

Jimmy Bower...
http://www.rockzombie.com/sjr_12060311.jpg

Phil Anselmo...
http://www.unratedmagazine.com/images/Photos/040-SuperJ_0009.jpg

http://www.unratedmagazine.com/images/Photos/002-SuperJ_0001.jpg

Jellyrolls
09-02-2004, 03:54 PM
O
M
G
slipknot blows...the ONLY good thing about this band is the drummer.......

lamb of god
unearth
pantera
kse
chimaira..

OH YEA DID I MENTION LAMB OF GOD

lil400exman
09-02-2004, 04:08 PM
ehh there are so many good ones!

Static-X
Korn
Rage against machine
seether (personal favorite)
union underground
soil
earshot
Disturbed

those are some of the ones i can think of right now......i need to go through my playlist!:devil:

blondie69
09-02-2004, 05:09 PM
My fav bands as of now: Chimaira & Sepultura

Others I like are..

KSE, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Motohead, Motograter, Black Sabbath, Opeth, Lost Prophets, Pantara, Cannible Corpse, Bleeding Through, Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Superjoint Ritual, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Juda's Preist, Slipknot etc etc etc :blah:
But outa the nu-metal catorgory...its like Rob Zombie, The Union Underground, Slaves On Dope, Korn, Dope, etc

TGW_400ex
09-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SRH
not metal
not metal
not metal
not metal
not metal
not metal

id have to say for me it would be six feet under for sure
If slipknot aint metal what do u classify it as?

Jellyrolls
09-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
If slipknot aint metal what do u classify it as?
i would classify them as gay ... but... they arent that great....they just do this stuff so they make people think they are just SOOOO badass.when they are not....if you want metal listen to lamb of god or chimaira....something actually worth listening to...not just noise......

quad
09-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Knock a band because they wear masks?They suck because they wear masks?What about KISS,with their face paint?Everyone couldnt wait til they got painted up again.Tell me kiss never had any fans because they wore paint!I agree,Iowa sux,but the new 1 kix ***!!Corey Taylors band"stone sour",kix *** as well!!Everyone has a different taste in music,obviously.So dont put a person down,because of the music they like.

muddy400EX
09-02-2004, 05:59 PM
i dont like slipknot alot but i really like stone sour, there awesome:devil:

TGW_400ex
09-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Jellyrolls
i would classify them as gay ... but... they arent that great....they just do this stuff so they make people think they are just SOOOO badass.when they are not....if you want metal listen to lamb of god or chimaira....something actually worth listening to...not just noise......

You are a idiot plain and simple

Jellyrolls
09-02-2004, 06:45 PM
You are a idiot plain and simple

rofl..okay...i know good music that is all

now go on little boy and listen to your slipknot while i listen to some music that actually takes talent....
im not going to diss the drummer though he is good...but he is bout the only one thats worth listening to....

Guy400
09-02-2004, 07:06 PM
I went to a show and Slipknot was one of about 5 bands there. Machinehead and Coal Chamber were excellent. Slipknot played and people started to boo and throw chit at them. The masks are ridiculous and the show looked like a damn 3-ring circus. There must've been 37 members of the band running around on stage and then the one fat *** on a scissor-jack playing the congos was a joke. The lead singer got pissed and the band stopped playing for a couple minutes. He grabbed some sign a fan had made out of a bed sheet and then pulled his mechanic suit down and wiped his *** with it and then threw it back out into the crowd. He then went on a tirade pointing at different people telling them he was going to jump off stage and kick their asses. LMFAO:D They wound up shortening the set and they walked off stage. Up to that point I really wasn't a fan but was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. After that show I have to say they suck.

Jellyrolls
09-02-2004, 07:15 PM
lol thats slipknot for ya.....
they think their masks are automatically supposed to make them metal...but their music is stupid......PEOPLES = **** ****EVERYONE.....that bout sums up the lyrics MAGGOTSS!!!!!

TGW_400ex
09-02-2004, 07:20 PM
rofl..okay...i know good music that is all

now go on little boy and listen to your slipknot while i listen to some music that actually takes talent....
im not going to diss the drummer though he is good...but he is bout the only one thats worth listening to....

i almost 18 bud i didnt know that was considered a little boy?

Have you even heard there new cd? I havent heard one bad comment about it:eek:

Jellyrolls
09-02-2004, 07:23 PM
i almost 18 bud i didnt know that was considered a little boy?

Have you even heard there new cd? I havent heard one bad comment about it:eek:

their new cd is pitiful....everybody was getting tired of their 'hard' excuse for music stuff...so they went accoustic in some songs ROFLMFAO

Allen
09-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Static X....seen them in concert and they were definetly worth the price of admission

jb500ex
09-03-2004, 12:53 AM
slayer,deftones, white zombie. i grew up listening too cro-mags, crumbsuckers, s.o.d.,m.o.d., death angel, hades, coroner, d.r.i., nuclear assault, ahh this thread brings back memories.

freakystone
09-03-2004, 07:43 AM
GODSMACK!!!!!

Me and five buddies rented a 42 foot long super stretch Escalade limo last Saturday and took it to Chicago for a Godsmack/Metallica concert.

We were on the floor, in the pit, at the stage. Right there within spitting distance.

Godsmack was awesome. Metallica sold out years years ago.

Talk about a contact buzz. :p

exrider360
09-03-2004, 08:43 AM
anything but rap i listen to everything that comes on my local radio stations

lil400exman
09-03-2004, 09:11 AM
i forgot to add earlier is tool/perfect circle!:devil:

suck my pipe
09-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Did Slipknot have an album before 666, I don't think so but I herd they do. If they do I HAVE to get it. 666 and iowa awesome vol.3
"are you kiding?" what happened. LOL

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
Did Slipknot have an album before 666, I don't think so but I herd they do. If they do I HAVE to get it. 666 and iowa awesome vol.3
"are you kiding?" what happened. LOL
what are you talking about "666":confused: what's 666 do you mean their self titled album. and yes they did have a album before that but there was only 6 member and corey wasnt vocals it was called Mate Feed Kill Repeat

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-03-2004, 12:59 PM
their new cd is pitiful....everybody was getting tired of their 'hard' excuse for music stuff...so they went accoustic in some songs ROFLMFAO
how is anybody supossed to take anything you say serious with a Name like jelly rolls:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

suck my pipe
09-03-2004, 01:01 PM
i posted my last comment before reading this page, slipknot dose have talent, there's like 10 or 11 guys on stage at one time and they still sound awesome slipknot is awesome dont like it i'll wipe my ***** with your bed sheet lol.

suck my pipe
09-03-2004, 01:03 PM
I guess im talking bout the self titled album i could of sworn it was called 666? ow well guess not. do you know what that first CD called and is it any good?

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
I guess im talking bout the self titled album i could of sworn it was called 666? ow well guess not. do you know what that first CD called and is it any good?
The first Cd is called Mate Feed Kill Repeat also called M.F.K.R and it's the weirdest stuff ever it's like metal with jazz and funk it's pretty wierd stuff

sam the brave
09-03-2004, 03:13 PM
korn
goodsmack

TGW_400ex
09-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
how is anybody supossed to take anything you say serious with a Name like jelly rolls:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JATV250
09-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Motorhead
Armored Saint

blondie69
09-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
The first Cd is called Mate Feed Kill Repeat also called M.F.K.R and it's the weirdest stuff ever it's like metal with jazz and funk it's pretty wierd stuff

I have that cd (burnt mind ya), but I thought it was pretty kool, it was different sounding, as u said, but that's why I like it. Only like 8 songs...which sucks though.

But I listen to slipknot (not as much as a couple of my friends do mind ya, they consider themselves true born "maggots" :rolleyes: ) but I do listen to em. I don't mind them that much, I listen to alot of stuff though. I just like variety in sounds & stuff, just not all the same thrashing or what not.