PDA

View Full Version : she wont start

FF1O5
07-02-2004, 10:53 AM
I put my hotcams stage 2 in today along with my HMF full system.I removed the choke and put in a 42 pilot and im running a 165 main jet with the air/fuel 3.5 turns out..I adjusted the valves to .005 and .006 and she just cranks,any ideas?How many turns out should the pilot screw be?Also,when i put the cam in i took what i thought to be the decompressor out,is that the little pin with the spring under it?

nhs333x2
07-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Did you put the degree key on yet, some have to have a charged battery to start. check spark and I have no idea what the little needle and spring is for. I also heard people using a 48 pilot jet for the choke removal.

ReconRider25
07-02-2004, 02:14 PM
i think ur jetting is kinda lean. also did u check to see if ur getting spark and it is getting fuel?

muff
07-02-2004, 08:07 PM
you put the spark plug boot on it right :eek2:

the decompressor is that little plunger and spring and must be removed with an aftermarket cam

you sure you got the timing right?

Chanman420q
07-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by muff
you sure you got the timing right?

is it just spinning? or actually cranking. i didnt set the timing right when i rebuilt my 416 and ended up bending my valves. so u better hope u set that timing right. i didnt and it just spun

FF1O5
07-02-2004, 08:11 PM
guys i hate to say this,but i forgot to turn the gas on:eek2: she runs good,just need to fine tune her,adjust the valves agian and change the oil,oh and the 2 flats i got today testing it out along with the front rim that looks like a pretzel:grr: but let me tell you this,she runs from the police good:devil:

BTW i did not install the sparks key yet,becuase it says top dead center is not correctly aligned with the mark on the flywheel when installed,im going to install it after i re-adjust the valves tomarrow.

lean means too much gas right?im to tired to remember,but she does pop on deceleration,should i go down a size?

quadmxracer
07-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Lean means not enough gas to much air. I would try up another size such as a 170.