PDA

View Full Version : Klemm Research?

cheetah
07-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Anyone ever heard of these exhausts? I was told that this is the exhaust I should be looking at for my Tecate, but I can't find anything on them anywhere. All I can find are articles about some dirtbikes with the exhaust on them. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find one or any help at all. Thanks.

nuttynewt
07-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
Anyone ever heard of these exhausts? I was told that this is the exhaust I should be looking at for my Tecate, but I can't find anything on them anywhere. All I can find are articles about some dirtbikes with the exhaust on them. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find one or any help at all. Thanks.

Yeah, ol' man Klemm makes 'em last I heard.

cheetah
07-03-2004, 08:18 AM
No one had heard of them?

JTRtrx250r
07-03-2004, 06:09 PM
talk to Jon at Klemm, they do make a pretty mean custom old school pipe for the 2 stroke, dude can be an *** but just deal w/ it and you'll be happy:D

hollywood43
07-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Can you still get in touch with them to make pipes? I have a vintage Klemm Research Tecate-4 pipe in my basement. Don't have my engine built just yet so I haven't tried it. I plan on testing it out and if I like it then I'm going to have it fixed up. It needs a small ding popped out and a nice ceramic coating.

From what I know, the Klemm's got out of ATV's years ago and went strictly into watercraft under Group K.

JTRtrx250r
07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by hollywood43
Can you still get in touch with them to make pipes? I have a vintage Klemm Research Tecate-4 pipe in my basement. Don't have my engine built just yet so I haven't tried it. I plan on testing it out and if I like it then I'm going to have it fixed up. It needs a small ding popped out and a nice ceramic coating.

From what I know, the Klemm's got out of ATV's years ago and went strictly into watercraft under Group K. I know they build Ody motors, raced against em for yrs, and 2 of my playing buddys had custom motors built w/ in the last few yrs, I can honestly say its been about 3 or so yrs tho

I'd think you could have any pipe repair outfit pull the ding, good luck

400exbiggun
07-18-2004, 07:56 AM
FMF makes a pipe, klemm made a pipe, Power pros makes a pipe, sprocks racing did i believe...i think they are kinda power pros now, DG had a pipe as well

i believe the best for the tecate 4 was the klemm but the rave now a days is the power pros. Its the best bang for the buck and has the most power once you get up there than compared to any other pipe.

any more q's pm me ...i know a thing or two about these...mines in pretty decent shape

:blah: