PDA

View Full Version : riding in medina

BARRY
03-27-2002, 08:47 PM
i am currently cruising 50 acres of woods in medina but getting bord with same old scenery .does anybody else ride near medina or brunswick ohio

K_Fulk
03-27-2002, 11:56 PM
Have you been to the elson st. riding park near canton? I was just wondering I found it on accident when i went to malvern last week. I havent talked to anyone that has been riding there and was wondering how it was.

BARRY
03-28-2002, 08:02 PM
i have never been there. the woods behind my house are about it for me. i also ride mx out at amhearst every sunday.its pretty sweet there not really crowded

K_Fulk
03-29-2002, 12:27 AM
I havent made it to amherst yet. I dont ride up that way at all. so i dont really know of anywhere else to ride but if you get a chance go to silver lake sometime.

04-02-2002, 08:18 AM
Elson st is a good place to go. It costs $10 per day to ride.
It is like 200 acres with lots of trails and they also have two big open fields....one of which has 2 small doubles on it.
There are some pretty steep hills as well. They seem to have a little bit of everything there. You can also follow the trail that is marked by the Moose signs and that will take you to the battlesburg MX track. We rode the track last time I was there but it was very muddy.(you are not supposed to ride to the track but you can)....to get to the track you have to ride on the road for like 200 yards.
Anyway elson street is off of st rt 43 in waynesburg. Take 77 south to Route 30 east(towards e liverpool) and get off at rt 43 to waynesburg. Once on 43 be on the lookout for the Battlesburg MX track sign on the right, once you see that sign, Elson St will be about 2 miles up the road on the right. THere is a small sign close to the ground that is white with red lettering....just turn right and follow the road till it ends and you are there. IF you get to the ice cream stand(on left) you went to far. Hope this helps.

Be forewarned though, the trails get very big ruts in them...you get high centered quite often. Also the big fields will cover you and the quad with thick heavy mud if it is wet out.
Me and my buddies try to go like atleast once a month...look for us if you go. we will be in a beige tahoe with either a white enclosed trailer or a big red enclosed trailer. 1 400ex(mine), 1 raptor, 1 warrior, and sometimes 1 grizzly or a banshee.:D