PDA

View Full Version : Sigma Sport 800 Computer

Billdog350
07-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Bought and installed a Sigma Sport 800 bike computer on my z400 the other day. The manual shows you how to calibrate the unit for your tire size. Other computers don't read above about 60 mph but the sigmas read up to 180mph+ (street bike riders use them). My z400 pulled exactly 67.0 mph on some abandoned railroad beds near my house....which is exactly what the LTZ400 calculator says I should be doing with my 41 tooth rear sprocket and 20" tires. I backed it up with GPS so I know its pretty accurate. Unit cost $25 shipped to my door. If anyone wants to know how to install the unit or where to get it, I can fill you in. I use my speedometer for testing peak performance. If I know I can hit X speed on a wide open area and I rejet it or change something and it goes faster or slower...it tells me right away how the motor is running.

Rdhanded2
07-12-2004, 04:07 AM
PM me where I can get it, and how 2 install. I am interested.

Billdog350
07-12-2004, 05:43 AM
They're all over the internet as far as how to get them. I heard they're going for $13 plus $5 shipping on ebay....I bought mine from Cherry Creek Cyclery or something like that.

As far as install...you will need to legnthen the wires, so you need to know how to solder or find someone who can. Besides that, just mount the sensor and magnet near eatch other (or replace a rotor bolt with the trail tech magnetic rotor bolt) and you should be set. I can post some pics once I find a site to host them.