PDA

View Full Version : VA riding?

White400
07-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Anybody here know of any places to ride in VA? I am currently living in Arlington, but willing to drive a couple of hours.

Jaybr
07-02-2004, 04:06 PM
What kind of riding do you do?

I've got a decent track setup on private land just outside Richmond. We also have a course through the woods, but not too long. You can see pics of the place at http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6096&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I don't mind visitors when we're riding, but the gate stays locked when I'm not there.

There are also some public trails in the mountains at Taskers Gap and Pedlar River.

REAPER
07-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey, I pm'd white400 and told him I live in Arington too. I would love to check out your scene down in richmond. I also have a few friends with property. A buddy owns about 500 acres off rt:3 right past fredericksburg. I also like going to towercity up in P. A. as well as hittin The trails at Edinburgh V.A. off rt:66. I get my quad back from the shop on wednesday so lets all giddy-up. Reaper

REAPER
07-03-2004, 03:33 PM
By the way where is Chesterfield???:confused:

Jaybr
07-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by REAPER
By the way where is Chesterfield???:confused:

Chesterfield is a county bordering Richmond, my property with the track is actually in Powhatan County, just west of Richmond.

I'm pretty booked as far as riding trips this summer, but I will be riding some at my place if you guys want to come down.

REAPER
07-03-2004, 07:17 PM
That would be fantastic! Like I said, I'm still waiting on getting my quad back prolly around July 8th and that following weekend I have a family reunion, so anytime after that when your around would be fun. Its been over a month now and I have the itches baaaadd. My name is Dan by the way. Talk to ya soon , Reaper

Pappy
07-03-2004, 07:29 PM
maybe i can come ride now that ill have a dale:p

REAPER
07-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Pappy did you pick up that 'dale that was on here. Was it a great buy or what??? It looked sweet. Reaper

Pappy
07-03-2004, 07:37 PM
im picking it up at the gncc race next weekend ...probaly racing depending on how i feel

Jaybr
07-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
maybe i can come ride now that ill have a dale:p

You've always been welcome. We had several 400ex's, couple YFZ's, 4punks 450r, two 250r's, a couple Z's and a Raptor at the last group ride. Oh, and 33 Dales;)

Did you see what I picked up today?

REAPER
07-03-2004, 07:40 PM
so it the same one. Nice. I'am thinking about starting to get into racing. I used to race B.M.X. for 9 yrs and loved it. I miss the whole scene. I think I would like xc alot. Have you been racing gncc for a while? Reaper

Pappy
07-03-2004, 07:44 PM
looks cool Jaybr !

ill take ya up on that on a free weekend!

i have been racing on and off since 1987. i stopped in 92 and started play racing in 2002. man have things changed!

chrchofdrt
07-08-2004, 09:40 AM
i have been waitinf forever for a few more VA riders. JAYBR i would love to come down whenever you are at home and go riding, and the same goes for reapers whenever you go down to Rt 3 . i live in stafford so its only a short drive for me and chesterfield isnt that far either. have either of you been to VSP or VMP ???

let me know whats up

Landon
540-657-2338

dopeyferree
07-08-2004, 04:50 PM
I am a Fredericksburg rider. We should all get together and meet up somewhere to ride. Most of my riding areas here are gone but I am willing to travel. I have been XC racing this year and having a blast. I race in the VXCS series. Check it out if you like XC racing. Same thing as GNCC except all the races are in VA and you dont have 300 other atvs on the track.

Jaybr
07-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
I am a Fredericksburg rider. We should all get together and meet up somewhere to ride. Most of my riding areas here are gone but I am willing to travel. I have been XC racing this year and having a blast. I race in the VXCS series. Check it out if you like XC racing. Same thing as GNCC except all the races are in VA and you dont have 300 other atvs on the track.

Hey, did I meet you at the Patriot? You know Neil on the Cannibal right? I'm the guy that was pitting for him with the grey trailer.

We are planning to ride at my place Sunday morning for a few hours if you guys are interested. I won't stay all day, but you could ride as long as you want.

dopeyferree
07-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Yes, That was me. I will let you know about Sunday, I think the wife has plans though, If not Sunday maybe we could work out another time. You should race the Dillwyn race coming .

Jaybr
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
Yes, That was me. I will let you know about Sunday, I think the wife has plans though, If not Sunday maybe we could work out another time. You should race the Dillwyn race coming .

I don't race, not in anywhere near the shape needed for a 2 hour XC race:rolleyes:

I'll be pitting for the Cannondaleriders team at the 6 hour at Rausch next weekend, so I can't make it to Dillwyn

250rmike
07-08-2004, 09:35 PM
hey jaybr i have to come down one weekend hows your mx track? anyone wanna post a pic of the bike im gonna pick up tom.(yes its a dale)

Jaybr
07-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
hey jaybr i have to come down one weekend hows your mx track? anyone wanna post a pic of the bike im gonna pick up tom.(yes its a dale)

The track is fun and pretty safe, nothing too big. There are doubles, tabletops, one uphill step-up, rythym section and whoops. Also have a nice tight loop through the woods that connects to the mx section so you can run GNCC style.

Nobody has ridden on it since May, so grass is starting to take over:rolleyes:

There are plenty of pics over at Cannondaleriders, just search for "Group Ride"

I do require everyone to sign a waiver, we have had a few broken bones and trips to the emergency room.:(

250rmike
07-08-2004, 11:46 PM
i dont mind signing a waiver i dont know why any one would do anything cause they got hurt on someone elses land anyway but i fully understand that. if we can get 1 of our boats sold my dad is gonna try to buy a peice of land somewhere and im gonna do the same thing. let me know the next time some people are coming over and ill see if i can make it. thanks mike

mxva5413
07-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Jaybr
What kind of riding do you do?

I've got a decent track setup on private land just outside Richmond. We also have a course through the woods, but not too long. You can see pics of the place at http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6096&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I don't mind visitors when we're riding, but the gate stays locked when I'm not there.

There are also some public trails in the mountains at Taskers Gap and Pedlar River.

I'd love to ride down there too if you don't mind?!! I actually live in Louisa but I work in Richmond and date a girl from Woodlake so I know chesterfielf pretty well now!

Also have any of you guys been to Miller's Tavern Outlaw Arenacross?? They have race next friday and saturday I'll be there both nights racing.....That's a pretty good track too not to hard and not to easy www.virginiasportspark.com

chrchofdrt
07-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Jay,
what time are you talking about on sunday? ill have to work on the EX, thanks to the wife looping it out when she came out of a deep creek but i should be able to fix it tomorrow and also do you allow bikes? whenever i go riding with the wife i let her ride the EX and i take my YZ400.i would just need some directions from Quantico VA. i would be coming south on 95.by the way how many riders are you going to have over on sunday?

Landon

Jaybr
07-09-2004, 08:17 AM
We're planning to get out there probably around 9:00 Sunday morning and get some riding in before it gets too hot. Right now there are only 2 or 3 of us going, but never know who might show up.

Bikes are fine, just be aware that the track was built with quads in mind so there's not much in the way of berms.

The property is on Pilkington Rd in Powhatan, pull up directions on http://mappoint.msn.com.

My place has a barbed wire fence with a pond at one end, easy to find once you get on the road.

Motoman440
07-09-2004, 08:44 AM
We're planning to get out there probably around 9:00 Sunday morning and get some riding in before it gets too hot. Right now there are only 2 or 3 of us going, but never know who might show up.

Bikes are fine, just be aware that the track was built with quads in mind so there's not much in the way of berms.

The property is on Pilkington Rd in Powhatan, pull up directions on http://mappoint.msn.com.

My place has a barbed wire fence with a pond at one end, easy to find once you get on the road.

Hey Jay,

Are ya gonna break in that new Moto??? You guys watch out for Jay. Ive heard he is a Daleaholic!!! J/K!!! Sweet purchase though. Brings back some VERY GOOD memories!!!

Jaybr
07-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Hey Jay,

Are ya gonna break in that new Moto??? You guys watch out for Jay. Ive heard he is a Daleaholic!!! J/K!!! Sweet purchase though. Brings back some VERY GOOD memories!!!

Nope, haven't even put the battery in it:o

The other 2 dales are running great, and I still haven't decided wether I'm gonna keep the Moto or not, so it's gonna sit in the garage unstarted until I decide:D

Motoman440
07-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Nope, haven't even put the battery in it:o

The other 2 dales are running great, and I still haven't decided wether I'm gonna keep the Moto or not, so it's gonna sit in the garage unstarted until I decide:D

I do not know how you can do that. I would have to ride that bad boy!!! I wish I had the knowledge you and Doug have about these machines. I would love to own one again but I just can't work on the dam things. Still the best quad I have ever owned and ridden. The 450R in nice and has good power but it still ain't up to the power of the Dale.

Jaybr
07-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
I do not know how you can do that. I would have to ride that bad boy!!!

I can do it because my Cannibal is just as setup as the Moto, plus it has a 450 with ported head :blah:

It has a Moto frontend, LSR axle, LT Ohlins converted to ZPS, full HMF, OMF beadlocks, Fatbars, wave rotors, etc,etc.

I'm sure it will outrun the Moto, and probably handles better with the ZPS.

Jaybr
07-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Doesn't look like I'll be riding tomorrow unless any of you guys where planning on coming down.

PM me if you are, and I'll at least meet you at the track and unlock the gate, maybe do a couple laps.

250rmike
07-10-2004, 07:00 PM
im going to easton so i cant make it down this weekend

chrchofdrt
07-12-2004, 07:35 AM
should have checked the site before i left on sunday, we ended up riding at the caudles track down the road from your place. it is built more for bikes. luckily we had two in the back of the truck. i thought it was going to stay cool with the overcast but then the sun came out. i think i lost about 5 pounds. hopefully we can all hook up and ride sometime. i might try to go to VSP this weekend and check out the races.

Landon

Jaybr
07-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Sorry about that, I'll pm you my phone number so next time you can call.

250rmike
07-12-2004, 12:53 PM
im up for riding on any track on sundays. i wanna get a bunch of seat time then im just gonna race d7 this coming up season

Jaybr
08-03-2004, 10:01 PM
there will be a few people from Cannondaleriders riding at my place this weekend. If anyone is looking for a place to ride we'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

REAPER
08-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Do you mind sending me some directions jaybr. My e-mail is bagadonuts111@hotmail.com

Thanks, Reaper

lil400exdude
08-04-2004, 01:04 PM
the track is located on pilkington road in powhatan

edz250r
08-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey guys... I live in Alexandria, Va and would love to hook up for a ride in VA or MD sometime. Let me know when you're interested...

Ed

White400
08-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah man, PM me your number and I'll give you a call. I live in Arlington near Columbia Pike, and there are 4 others that I know of just here in Arlington alone. What do you like to ride? Trails, MX, you name it, we know where to find it!

Barry

White400
08-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Reaper and I ride together quite a bit, but anyway, PM me and I'll get in touch.