PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot's HD tires

Braff1
07-02-2004, 05:02 AM
Who has them and how do you like them. I am thinking of getting some but haven't seen much talk about them and would like some opions on their performace.

Thanks
Dan

Admin
07-02-2004, 06:10 AM
I have used the Holeshot HD tires for three races so far this year, and it is hands down the best Mud tire that I have ever run. It has an extremely aggressive tread pattern and a very strong side wall.

They are an awesome tire for rough rocky conditions also because they are extremely puncture resistant. I will most likely be running the HD tires again this weekend at the Penton GNCC because of the Clay conditions and hill climbs. These tires will take you anywhere you want to go.

TC426EX
07-02-2004, 07:12 AM
They look like great tires to me, but are definitely a RAZR 2 rip off for sure. They didnt pioneer this type of tire, Maxxis did, and ITP had no choice but to release the HD since their XCR '03s dont hold a candle to a set of Razr 2's and their larger footprint!

modracer5
07-02-2004, 02:58 PM
I have been running the Holeshot Hd's since the Loretta's GNCC race and have NO traction problems. These tires hook up better than anything i have had on the back of my bike. I also think the wear is at least as good if not better than others that I have run.

240GNCC400
07-02-2004, 04:30 PM
ive had them since the rausch gncc. they get good traction. i was suprised at how easily they slid when you wanted them to. ive never run razr 2s, but they are definately alot better than the first razrs. the knobs are a tad on the soft side, but the sidewalls seem really good. i did have one flat rear at wisp, but its amazing it was just one. i'd buy them again

04'400ex'er
07-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
They look like great tires to me, but are definitely a RAZR 2 rip off for sure. They didnt pioneer this type of tire, Maxxis did, and ITP had no choice but to release the HD since their XCR '03s dont hold a candle to a set of Razr 2's and their larger footprint! True, but razr design came from holeshot to begin with.

the-ex-files
07-05-2004, 10:33 AM
My buddy just put a set of them on his brand new DS 650 Baja X. We did a full 8 hours of riding in Black River Falls,WI on Saturday. The trails up there on either sand or gravel. He said they hooked great, and when following him, they really kicked up the roost and rocks. His only gripe was that he really couldn't powerslide through the corners as well as the stockers. But overall he really liked them, and they look pretty darn tough.

skidaddyjr
07-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I've got a set of fronts on my XC310R ,they do very well I agree with the others about itp having to stay in the market but I ride in East TN in the extremely rocky ,muddy ,and hilly areas and seem to have better luck out itp's XCT's and these HD's are proving their worth I changing all my bikes over this fall. Yes I had rears too but sold them to a pal who wanted them more than I.I've been giving $69.00 each for the rears and $56.00 for the fronts.They are still relatively new around here.

BIGBLOCKBILL
07-06-2004, 11:11 AM
I had a set on my 450R. I loved the traction but they seemed to slide to easy on hardpack so I switched back to the XCRs. I'm thinking about trying a set at the Penton. We'll see how they work with Tireballs.