PDA

View Full Version : Some people(dirtbikers..)... are crazy? are stupid? hate me?

kc 300EX
07-01-2004, 09:35 PM
A few weeks ago I was at the track (Diamondback here in NY) and I think I was harassed.
There is no pit riding for the dirtbikes. They cut quads a break and let them ride side saddle back to their pit, but thats the only pit riding allowed.
Well, where we were pitted got crowded. We were surrounded by dirtbikers....People ended up parking in front of us (between us and the road) So it made it a pain to get to our spot needless to say.
After the first practice my cousin and I (both on our quads) came back to our pit area, weaved in betweem the cars to get to our EZ up and parked our quads.....
In order to get out again we had to spin our quads, rather than get off and do this, we sat in normal riding position (not sidesaddle) and spun our quads 90 degrees in the grass, thinking absolutely nothing of it.

Well, a little while later a track offical rode up to us on his Suzuki utility quad. He told us that he had gotten complaints about us, a green quad, #214 (Me and my KFX) was doing Donuts in the parking lot and I almost hit someone's mom's car.

I got a warning and was told if there was another complaint I would be kicked out and not allowed to race.

basically I was shocked and a little pissed b/c I felt I had done nothing wrong.

It was even worse when I got called over the loudspeaker to go down to the starting gate to get yelled at again, by another track official, who told me he was just itching to kick someone out today, and itching to find a reason NOT to let quads have any pit riding privelages whatsoever.....

It was a little ridiculous. I know who "told on me"
It was this punk who was pitted behind us, for SOME reason I guess he decided he didnt like us, and took his oppurtunity to give us some hell. Good job, almost ruined our day.

This was a pretty dumb situation, if someone had come over to me and said hey I have a problem with something you did, can you fix it? I would almost bend over backwards for them, I have no problem helping anyone out with whatever I can. This was just stupid. Why did that have to happen?
people are crazy?
people are stupid?
people hate me?
jealous I get to ride in the pits?

300extreme#8
07-01-2004, 09:57 PM
i know the feelin,some people r really pettyful these days,ingorant people piss me off

BIGBLOCKBILL
07-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Be the bigger man. Walk over and talk to them at the next race,ask their name,what class they race,how they're doing so far this year,look at their bikes and ask quetions,just be friendly. Basically give them less to dislike,do it in front of people but be cool about it,don't make a big deal of it. If they continue to act like idiots their the ones who will look bad not you because people will see you are a nice guy. If they get rude just ignore them and walk away.I deal with rude ignorant people this way all the time and it's 99% effective.:D

Cole Trane
07-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Why didn't you just tell them to move, or complain you couldn't get out of your pit area because they were parked all around you?

I-7
07-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Diamondback basically isnt a fun track anymore. They arent doing a good maintence job, the owner of it is in it all for the money, they dont care about the riders, they just care about money they make. Never go to an open practice there because it is hell. They only got 1 moto in the last race because of all the injuries. My advice, ride walden, you wont have problems like that. Walden is a club and they have more respect then diamondback does. Thats why i stopped racing there.

I know its kind o/t from your thread topic but, yeah it happens, there are alot of ***** holes out there and i guess we have to deal with it sometimes unfortunatley :mad:

Ryan
07-02-2004, 11:28 AM
I agree with mojave11. Stop riding there. In the long run it will hurt the owner more than it will you. Ride at Walden. It isn't very far from Diamondback and is a overall better place to ride.

JMO

kc 300EX
07-02-2004, 03:44 PM
It's supposed to be a fun sport!!!!!

:( Some people are just ruining it...

I don't think I will be going back to Diamondback. I know one of the owner/members of Walden through a friend. Great guy, Bill Miller, and he told us all about the DB owner, and why people are beginning to boycott racing there... I totally agree

lol
07-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
Diamondback basically isnt a fun track anymore. They arent doing a good maintence job, the owner of it is in it all for the money, they dont care about the riders, they just care about money they make. Never go to an open practice there because it is hell. They only got 1 moto in the last race because of all the injuries. My advice, ride walden, you wont have problems like that. Walden is a club and they have more respect then diamondback does. Thats why i stopped racing there.

I know its kind o/t from your thread topic but, yeah it happens, there are alot of ***** holes out there and i guess we have to deal with it sometimes unfortunatley :mad:

I agree wit bigblockbill on this one..... mojave is there a camp named kennybrook near u?

Bill Fuller
07-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Although I hate it when people cop attitudes bikers against quad riders in particular,I have to ask why didn't you pick the front of your quad up and turn it around?I believe it would have pissed me off to if I seen you spinning your quad around in the grass.In no way am I defending the other people or am I trying to rag you about your actions I just think you could have done things a little differently.I salute BigblockBill for his attitude,thats the kind of people we need portraying our sport.

BIGBLOCKBILL
07-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks Bill,to quote my grandmother "you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". It's a little dated but effective.:D

I-7
07-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by lol
I agree wit bigblockbill on this one..... mojave is there a camp named kennybrook near u?

Yes, Im on the same road is kennybrook why do you ask?

lol
07-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Yes, Im on the same road is kennybrook why do you ask?

ahh my girl goes to summer camp there and i was just curious......i miss her:(

I-7
07-02-2004, 09:04 PM
kennybrook is a trailer park.... :eek: :eek:

lol
07-02-2004, 09:11 PM
kennybrook is a trailer park.... :eek: :eek:

hahaha really? r u being sarcastic or no:confused:

I-7
07-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Im really not being sarcastic kennybrook is a trailer park theres no camp here called kennybrook.

lol
07-02-2004, 09:20 PM
o ok lol wtf she goes to a camp called kennybrook in monticello....i'm so frikken confused i gotta go to bed lol

I-7
07-02-2004, 09:31 PM
kennybrook is a really poor trailer park wit alot of druggies and stuff

lol
07-02-2004, 09:34 PM
kennybrook is a really poor trailer park wit alot of druggies and stuff

holy chit!!!! maybe its a monticello in another state :confused: is there any camp next to u

lol
07-02-2004, 09:35 PM
or maybe u just dnt no it and its somewhere around monticello...might be possible

toby400ex
07-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Shoulda just been like. Eat **** and die mother ****er:huh

Mxjunkie
07-04-2004, 12:49 AM
im never gonna be a dirtbiker thats a prick to quad riders, dirtbike riders like that piss me off :grr:

Cody_300ex
07-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Shoulda just been like. Eat **** and die mother ****er:huh

thats exactly what i would have said!!! lol

dirtriderex
07-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Where I race the dirtbikers are the ones always screwing around, the quaders are always more mature. I think most quaders are more dedicated to there sport than most dirtbikers. But I hate when you see the group of kids that think they are the shi* eyeing you down and all.

dsracer666
07-04-2004, 10:06 AM
I tech for the NEATV-MX and also (keep the piece) If I see some one turning around like you explaned, I would give them a warning too. if it was that close like you said how did you not spit dirt every were?

humboldt hills
07-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I own a club in Ohio that is all about the riders. Bikes and Quads. I ride both. From the way you explained the crowded area, I don't see how you could have safely porformed this turn around. I am sick of this atv against dirtbikers or vice versa attitude. It comes down to the person behind the throttle. There are people that love this sport from all aspects and just enjoy being around it. And there are others that think they deserve special treatment. I don't know anything about diamondback, but I do know pits get very crowded sometimes and rules are there for everyones safety.
If you were following a tractor on the highway for along time without any passing oppertunities would you risk passing on a blind curve just because its an inconvinience to you.
The guy that had a problem with you was doing what was right.
Next time pick up your front end and spin it around. Don't give people a reason to dislike you.
Just my opinion
and I like everyone

Mxjunkie
07-06-2004, 12:50 AM
yeah some quad riders give me a hard time cause i ride a dirtbike, i use to ride both i never hated dirtbike riders when i rode quads, and i dont hate quad riders, one of the local tracks around here only allows dirtbikes which i think is pretty lame cause the guy doesnt like quads or something. that post probaly didnt make much sense i need to go to bed :p

I-7
07-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
yeah some quad riders give me a hard time cause i ride a dirtbike, i use to ride both i never hated dirtbike riders when i rode quads, and i dont hate quad riders, one of the local tracks around here only allows dirtbikes which i think is pretty lame cause the guy doesnt like quads or something. that post probaly didnt make much sense i need to go to bed :p

2 out of the 5 tracks in our district dont allow quads because not that they dont like them but that they dont want to take the extra percaustions to have make the jumps even and make the track wide. Usually the tracks that dont allow quads are all natural tracks that are narrow

humboldt hills
07-06-2004, 05:54 PM
2 out of the 5 tracks in our district dont allow quads because not that they dont like them but that they dont want to take the extra percaustions to have make the jumps even and make the track wide. Usually the tracks that dont allow quads are all natural tracks that are narrow

Its no big secret that quads are alot harder on MX tracks. There is more tire on the ground which causes more wear on the lips of jumps, and the dust thing too. But I think one of the biggest issues track owners are facing is noise. 90% of the atvs that race here are 4-strokes with aftermarket exhaust. When you get 10 or so running at once the neighbors take notice.
I am not defending these tracks that don't allow quads at all. I think if you can't handle atvs at your place you should rethink why your in this sport.
I prefer racing on 2-wheels but atvs are funner to watch.
I won't name names, but I just found out this spring of a track near by that didn't allow quads to practice and didn't believe it. I had 10 people tell me and still didn't believe it. I just can't imagine telling someone they can't ride here because they have four wheels. Its crazy!
A few issues ago in american motorcyclist, the editor was talking about how if everyone in offroad riding would get together on the real issues we all face what we could accomplish, but how it is unlikely because we are all too selfish. I for one am ready to move on and have a good time with any one who can follow a few simple rules for the sake of a great time!!!

atvchik
07-06-2004, 06:08 PM
We just spotted a track near our house that looked like alot of fun. Scott called them up today and they said "no quads".

It does suck because it wasn't anything special and there really isn't anywhere that close to ride.
I would have paid to ride the 4 day's a week they were open and brought in more business. I know lot's of folks around here looking for a decent track to ride after work/weekends.
Oh well~I'll keep buying lottery tickets:D

Out_Sider
07-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by dsracer666
I tech for the NEATV-MX and also (keep the piece) If I see some one turning around like you explaned, I would give them a warning too. if it was that close like you said how did you not spit dirt every were?

off topic.. but Do you race at Eaton Mountain in MA?

popo
07-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by atvchik
Oh well~I'll keep buying lottery tickets:D

Well I see you didnt win the power ball either.

dsracer666
07-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
off topic.. but Do you race at Eaton Mountain in MA?

no, I race at eaton mt in ME. but thats not part of the NEATV-MX series.

dsracer666
07-06-2004, 07:26 PM
as for tracks I've always been told it comes down to $. we bring 350-450 people to a race, were as the dirt bikes bring 750-1100 people. thats alot more people for a one day event, so they would rather pick up more dirtbike races then quad races.

when it comes to pratice tracks if theres quads that an extra 40 minutes in the rotation.

20min of track time
little bikes
big bikes
little quads
big quads

so in an 8hr day you get to go out 8 times instead of 16, which pisses off the dirt bikes if theres only 2 quads and 50 bikes!

kc 300EX
07-06-2004, 07:35 PM
I know I was wrong in spinning my quad. I DID NOT throw ANY dirtat all anywhere near anything, it was under my EZ-up......
I was just saying I wish the people had come to me, instead of taking it to the track officials... who treated me like a criminal b/c I was on a quad.....