PDA

View Full Version : someones got to step it up!

quadman22
03-27-2002, 08:01 PM
us quad guys are the only ones who haven't done a backfilp yet! they've done backflips on dirtbikes,snowmobiles,jet skis, etc. so one of these pros needs to try one. if it can be done on a snowmobile it could probably be done on a quad! C'mon guys who wants to go for it?

Nausty
03-27-2002, 08:10 PM
well it would be really hard to do though you would have to have the perfect jump to do it. I would like to see the freestylers come out with some better tricks myself.

03-27-2002, 08:20 PM
well, id do it if, nevermind, leave that to dana chreech

Guy400
03-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by quadman22
if it can be done on a snowmobile it could probably be done on a quad! C'mon guys who wants to go for it? Snow is softer than dirt:D

Nausty
03-27-2002, 08:24 PM
I MIGHT do it if I knew I had the perfect jump and I didn't have to worry about the quad.

flyin#5
03-27-2002, 08:37 PM
if it can be done on a snowmobile it could probably be done on a quad! C'mon guys who wants to go for it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snow is softer than dirt

lets build a snow jump! have to wait till next winter so i can get some more snow. its all melting.i probably know a couple crazy people that would do it but they might be high at the time. :devil haha lol

Nausty
03-27-2002, 08:47 PM
I think getting a quad to do a back flip is all in the jump and shock set up I think it could be done but not a "real" back flip from a regular take off jump to a regular landing like when carey tryed it.

Nausty
03-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Ok I just thought of something to get the rotation of a back flip on a regular steep jump. It would have to be wooden or a launch ramp though. Anyways you would have it so that as you hit in your are acceleration and the ramp would have to be really slick tell you get to the top and then at the top you would have it so that you get great grip like sand paper and once the tires hit that that would get you to rotate pretty easily. I would want a good place to land it on the first try though so I know the quad won't impale me into the ground on the first try. Like a huge foam pit or do it in the winter and have about 6ft of super soft snow so that it sinks in a long ways couldn't do THAT much damage if the quad landed on top of you as long as somone could get the quad off of you and a ambulance was around.

RideRed04
03-27-2002, 09:05 PM
That would probably just shoot you forward more then cause rotation. Deffinatly chew up some tires.

kc 300EX
03-27-2002, 09:09 PM
What is so hard about this? I do back flips ALL the time!

Like this one time, going up the ski slope at holiday mountain, didnt mak it, damn, i musta did about 35 back flips! I was only on the quad for like the first ten but still

"BLAHH"300!!
03-27-2002, 11:00 PM
...you'd need a near about streight up ramp with a landing leval or slightly lower than the top of the ramp. get a nice torque monster and some grippy tire's and light bike and a tuff helmut.

hit the ramp at the top pop the clutch in a torquey gear and pull back...have the ramp set to launch you up but not out very far...

now i'm ganna go play wiff my G,I, JOES'

Nausty
03-27-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
That would probably just shoot you forward more then cause rotation. Deffinatly chew up some tires.

yah but it seems like it would work after seeing a guy do something like it on a dirt bike on my crusty 7 video it was in the middle of winder and it was a icy road and then you see him spinning the tires as he hits it and does a perfect back flip if you set it up just right and were moving back and down on the seat as your tires start to gain tracking I think it might work. But how hard do you guys think it would be to do a front flip on a down hill with a small drop off to another downhill. like a 4ft drop of would be all you need I would think.

Striker49
03-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Go for it if ya think you can make it Nausty. Youll make the Guiness(sp) book of records:blah On your ramp idea, wouldnt that make your back come up and do a front flip or was that your intention? I personally wouldnt try it for any amount of money unless it was on like 20 foot of snow or somin b/c whats good is that money gonna do ya when your dead? lol. I dunno, sounds a little difficult if ya ask me. :blah

03-28-2002, 08:34 AM
Been there and done that,,,,hardest part was getting the front end to flip over...:rolleyes:

03-28-2002, 12:05 PM
lol......if i had a quad that would be completely rebuilt and fixed after messed up..... i would do it.....
but i wouldnt do it with my quad.....
and have to pay for the damage....

just my .02 cents

Brandon

03-28-2002, 12:17 PM
i get naustys quad if he dont make it, hav some sand on the landin so it dont hurt the bike

MadcapEX
03-28-2002, 02:13 PM
That XFOX250 dude does em all the time,wait was that before or after he lost his legs??????:devil

timewass
12-26-2002, 09:21 AM
Snow is softer than dirt

This is true, but most sleds are heavier than ATV's. I would much rather an ATV land on me than a sled.

JUSTINcredible
12-26-2002, 10:54 AM
maybe we should ask Jon Guetter and see what he thinks?

upstate rider
12-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Been there and done that,,,,hardest part was getting the front end to flip over...:rolleyes: LOL , If you can get it on tape next time , Like the Mountain Dew TV add with the car only with a can of Bud , I bet they would pay good for a trick like that. Frame and fortune only a flip away :D

muff
12-26-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by CHEF440EX
What kind of a moron would bring back a 9 month old thread?

uh why does it matter, i havent seen it yet

anyways, I would like to try it, but on a piece quad that still ran good, a huge kicker metal ramp with a snow landing would be perfect

Wired
12-26-2002, 02:46 PM
it can and will be done :o end of story :devil

Ryan
12-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by quadman22
us quad guys are the only ones who haven't done a backfilp yet! they've done backflips on dirtbikes,snowmobiles,jet skis, etc. so one of these pros needs to try one. if it can be done on a snowmobile it could probably be done on a quad! C'mon guys who wants to go for it?

If its so easy then do it already :rolleyes: ;)

I think the best jump you could do it with would be the jump Carey Hart (Pro Freestyle Dirtbiker) used. Im not sure how many of you seen that but it was striaght up and it just launched you, it was sick. That would be the best type of jump for an atv to do a backflip becuase on something like that you don't have to use so much power to flip it around.

Just give these pros some time and it will be done. Once I see guys on golf carts doing backflips then im gonna be pissed :eek:

toby400ex
12-26-2002, 03:01 PM
just give me a trx90 and one of those foam pits and im there, maybe just a big pile of snow, but someone else will have to pull the thing out, cuz i will be too busy gettin all the ladies. lol:D :D :devil

toby400ex
12-26-2002, 03:11 PM
see here is a pic of me doing it in my back yard.:D :D :D :D

muff
12-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by toby300ex
see here is a pic of me doing it in my back yard.:D :D :D :D

wow man you're awesome you're doin it in reverse to

Derek
12-26-2002, 03:18 PM
hahahahaha i can almost see that happening

phatswinn
12-26-2002, 03:23 PM
its not backwards its right to left take a looky

JabberJaw
12-26-2002, 03:24 PM
The only flip I have attempted while riding my 400Ex was my middle finger...

toby400ex
12-26-2002, 03:30 PM
me too, on a regular basis to my f'in ******* arse neighbors.

muff
12-26-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
its not backwards its right to left take a looky

oh yeah i didnt think about that...lol the jump and landing is so steep i didnt realize he was goin the other way

Sparks425Ex
12-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by WiredCinqmars

I think Jon is just about the only one on this site that can be able to say that.

I can;t wait to see it.

QuadTrix6
12-26-2002, 04:06 PM

:huh

QuadTrix6
12-26-2002, 04:08 PM
hey jon get wes miller to shell out some money for quads and do them into the water to practice, till they can be done on land

gojk
12-26-2002, 04:46 PM
My bike did two front flips once. It ended up costing me about $800. Rim, A-arms, steering stem, handle bars, throttle... You name it it was broke. Man was that not fun.

Rip_Tear
12-26-2002, 04:59 PM
Well, if your going to attempt it, Please Flim it, and at the beging of the film state that you are not trying to copy other people and you know that you could get hurt. I wouldn't try it on a snow landing like you guys are talking about for 3 reasons
1. Powder snow will not take the blow
2. Other snow will be really hard
3. The guy on Sled Necks 4 had a hard pack landing(well kinda)

I like the foam pit idea better, on Gravity games when they were showing them practicing, some of them were just doing them in the dunes and crashing in the sand. Good Luck, I wont be trying one anytime soon.

NTPracing22
12-26-2002, 05:09 PM
sleds and dirtbikes can't do 360's.

Ryan
12-26-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
sleds and dirtbikes can't do 360's.

:huh What does that have to do with a backflip on a quad? And I bet a 360 on a dirt bike has been already done, if it hasn't its still definitly possible.:rolleyes: "Anything is possible"

stocktires
12-26-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by R8

:huh What does that have to do with a backflip on a quad? And I bet a 360 on a dirt bike has been already done, if it hasn't its still definitly possible.:rolleyes: "Anything is possible"

sure it has, on a xr50...

If anyone tries to make the Backflip and messes up their quad I'll put up $20!
Not a bribe (sp?), just kinda like a lil insurance for anyone who can nut up :)
I've though about it, and may think a lil' more

NTPracing22
12-26-2002, 07:04 PM
I'd put $20 in the pot for repairs also

Jimmah
12-26-2002, 07:12 PM
I think Twitch did a 360. And you don't need any type of special ramp to do a backflip. Look at metzger.....Granted it's a dirt bike but still. After watching my buddy crash I realized that a backflip is more then possible. He was 3/4 the wat around and he wasn't trying. I have to go but I'll get more into this later.

Wired
12-26-2002, 07:15 PM
you guys have little faith..... :rolleyes:

and for the guy with the bs meter posted, how much you want to put a bet up for??? :devil im in the mood to make some MORE money :D

PismoGuy400
12-26-2002, 07:24 PM
i would like to see this.

any volunteers to go along w/ wired.?

12-26-2002, 07:28 PM
hey pismo guy. i was wondering if you knew CKY actually stands for camp kill yourself

Ryan
12-26-2002, 07:33 PM
I believe its gonna be done soon. I was actually think about doing it on my blaster :huh , can't afford wrecking though and my hospital bill might be to expensive. Wired, so why don't ya just tell us whos gonna do it? You :eek:

Lets place our bets on whos gonna do it first. I got $100 on Dana.

Wired
12-26-2002, 07:37 PM
i'll put $10,000 it wont be dana... not because he doesnt have the talent to do it, he just has way more important things to do then get hurt attempting a backflip. he's focusing on racing more from now on, but im sure he'll come back to do some fmx with us... i can almost count on that :cool: but as for the first person to do the flip, we'll just have to wait and see :blah ;)

now about that money pool... who's in? :D

JUSTINcredible
12-26-2002, 08:10 PM
im a little broke so ill put $15 that wired does it

user101
12-26-2002, 08:31 PM
i say its gonna be the guy on the Raptor......no offense Jon.
he just seems to be stepin it up more.

toby400ex
12-26-2002, 09:07 PM
shnit! if it werent my quad or whatever i would do it, well maybe if it was someone elses and then i get 1g, so i can buy my self a better quad.:D seriously

Ryan
12-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Jon, when are we gonna find out becuase I know you know who it is. I also think it will be the guy on the raptor. That or Jon :eek: Go Johnny go go go lmao

12-26-2002, 09:42 PM
quads dont have the power to weight sleds and dirtbikes have, if u watch metzger he starts the flip with power

JUSTINcredible
12-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
quads dont have the power to weight sleds and dirtbikes have, if u watch metzger he starts the flip with power
OK then you just watch and see what happens within the next few months:D :o

CarzyRrider
12-26-2002, 10:09 PM
i seen a magazine when i was in school like 2 years ago with the pic by pic of a guy that did a backflip on a quad i belive it was in the sand but i know he landed it

12-26-2002, 10:15 PM
OK then you just watch and see what happens within the next few months

uh broken necks and quads?wheelchairs? thier are alot more trick that quad guys arent doin that bike guys are, were 2 years behind at least i know someone will pull one one day but i dont think anyone will be doin them like mike metzger

12-26-2002, 10:16 PM
i seen a magazine when i was in school like 2 years ago with the pic by pic of a guy that did a backflip on a quad i belive it was in the sand but i know he landed it

im thinking it was dirtwheel april fools joke, u wouldnt beleive how many people think something is real just becuase its in a magazine, u need to read the whole article

QuadJunkies
12-26-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by user101
i say its gonna be the guy on the Raptor......no offense Jon.
he just seems to be stepin it up more. I have a hunch jon...you da man to do it!:blah :blah

joeroadking
12-27-2002, 06:39 AM
someone is going to break there neck !! I wouldnt do it for a million dollars you will be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of your life paralized.

Wired
12-27-2002, 07:01 AM
lol, it wont be sheldon, he's not crazy enough to try it... seriously. for everyone worried about the guy getting hurt doing the backflip, i wouldnt worry too much. there is alot of thought and training going into this attempt. you guys should know in about 2 or 3 months, maybe even sooner we'll see, but an ATTEMPT is going to happen very soon and i know its going to be landed! :macho

Ex_Rider43
12-27-2002, 04:11 PM
lol, it wont be sheldon, he's not crazy enough to try it... seriously. for everyone worried about the guy getting hurt doing the backflip, i wouldnt worry too much. there is alot of thought and training going into this attempt. you guys should know in about 2 or 3 months, maybe even sooner we'll see, but an ATTEMPT is going to happen very soon and i know its going to be landed! :macho

so you will try it!!????

MojaveKing
12-29-2002, 08:57 PM
go jon!.......cant wait man cant wait!! i think Jon will be tha 1 to do it!!

CowsBitePeople
12-29-2002, 09:17 PM
I Would Like to try it....Soon

Slick
12-29-2002, 10:14 PM
DUDE!!!!, i about flipped backwards in my chair when i heard what Jon said, i hope that whoever does it "or ATTEMPTS it", lands it and we get it put on espn, best #amn sports show, bluetorch, etc..if it does like how it has done with mx bikes it will be great!..but the downside, if it does like mx bikes did...everyone will be trying to jump on the bandwagon and we will end up with guys with no experience just knowing how to hit a ramp in a fmx comp. I saw kenny bartram on tv talking about the "ramp kids" as he called them who were new to the sport that jus knew how to hit that 60 ft kicker and nothing else, they would crash in the turns almost...they are jus jumping on the bandwagon and that will make it harder on us riders who want to get known but dont know the right people "like the ramp kids who's fathers know a guy who knows a guy that hooks em up". That is jus my .02. But the chances are, it will just be a big part of the new huevos video and t.v will not recodnize it like they did carey hart's attempt and metz' successful one...i would love to see it though.

GOOD LUCK to whoever decides to try it.............
*cough *jonboy* cough*!