PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake

pead_24
07-01-2004, 07:55 PM
is it alright to run your quad with the parking brake cable removed??

ZapsRacing
07-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Yes, go to ur local dealer and get a 'parking brake block off plate'. They are universal so ya can go that route. I am not to familiar w/ them but i am pretty sure u can still run ur stock lever/perch with out the cable. If not you can get any lever/perch assembly. They run from about $12 for a cheaper one (like sunline) or $50+ for a good easy pull (moose or RTC). On my CR125 i am running a Moose but it is not their easy pull, i got the lever for 10 and the perch for 12. It is a good system.

TC426EX
07-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Yeah, most people remove that assembly. As stated above, you will need an $11 parking brake blockoff either from your dealer, or someone else. (everyone makes and carries them). The stock lever will work, but you will have that abortion on the side of the perch on there where the little button housing goes (so you can start your bike in any gear with the clutch in). Get a new perch and lever and be done with it. Youll want to electrical tape the little wires, and that button housing somewhere either on the bars or on the existing wiring/cables (Zip ties could eventually sever the wires). Make sure the button is OUT otherwise you wont be able to start your bike if you stall it unless you shove it in neutral...

pead_24
07-01-2004, 11:52 PM
ok thanks i was eventually gunna get the block off plate lever and perch sooner or later so i was just making sure if it was ok to run it with the cable off.