PDA

View Full Version : HELP with electrical..

Atreyu
07-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Just got an aluminum airbox that holds the battery inside of it. Put it on, got the battery in, press the start button...nothing-not even a sound. Everything was working fine before I took it off to put it in the airbox. Could this be my CDI? When I touch this thing..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid125/p41263182283837198497cbb6b7996b12/f8095788.jpg
..with a screwdriver, it turns the engine over. Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to go out riding this weekend considering I haven't been in four months. THANKS!

Pappy
07-01-2004, 12:35 PM
check to make sure you have a good ground and that all connections are tight and ofcourse connected properly.

also make sure all wires entering or leaving the airbox arent being grounded from the alimunim cutting into them. if it wasnt supplied with rubber grommetts ..get some

Atreyu
07-01-2004, 01:02 PM
The airbox came with a rubber protector, no wires are cut. But it's hard to tell which wires go where since I have a dirtbike starter switch and someone else did the wiring. Thanks for the help though pappy.

Pappy
07-01-2004, 01:04 PM
and becareful running a non sealed battery...its quite possible it will leak all over the place

wilkin250r
07-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
and becareful running a non sealed battery...its quite possible it will leak all over the place

And then get sucked through the intake and into the engine! :eek2:

Acid eats metal. Not super quick, but fast enough to ruin your cylinder walls. If you're lucky, it won't drip past the rings and into the crank and eat your gears.

Atreyu
07-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
And then get sucked through the intake and into the engine! :eek2:

Acid eats metal. Not super quick, but fast enough to ruin your cylinder walls. If you're lucky, it won't drip past the rings and into the crank and eat your gears.

That sounds fun...:(

Ended up being a fuse ut I keep popping them. Any idea on what that is?