PDA

View Full Version : most memorable x-mas gift from back in the day?

crday98
07-01-2004, 09:04 AM
this one is for the older crowd:D
what are some of your most memorable x-mas gifts you got from when you were a kid or always wanted and never got?if anyone of you say a red ryder bb gun.... i'm gonna kick you in the nads!!!!!:d
they don't have to be big or expensive just that they are the first that come to mind when you think back;)
some of mine would include;
US1 electric trucking,those fold up matchbox cities that would fold out into a city and a farm,anything dukes of hazzard (but the barnyard buster sticks out of them all),all of the M.A.S.K. & transformers vehicles,stompers,the large "talking KITT"car from knight rider,tyco turbo hopper and midnight pumpkin r/c's,the big black n gold tonka bronco that came with a jack so you could change the wheels,four on the floor truck,the matchbox car carrier that had the direction buttons you could press on the top of the trailer roof,underrooos:huh ,the giant die-cast voltron robot and clyde's car crusher(ah,i could still hear the commercial in my head:D

07-01-2004, 09:07 AM
This goes back to the transformer days.

Omega Supreme!!! the guy that was a train/ he came with a track and a building. he was the biggest transformer of all!!!!!

SmokinEX
07-01-2004, 09:13 AM
i got my first bike when i was 5 .. i looked under the tree and there was a little zinger 50 sittin there, i'll never forget it

Pappy
07-01-2004, 09:16 AM
my red ryder bb gun ofcourse:D

remlapr
07-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Atari 2600!

BlasterRacer26
07-01-2004, 09:51 AM
a peddle kitty kart..i loved that thing

Karizz
07-01-2004, 10:01 AM
I remember getting a Verti-Bird Helicopter circa @1973 and who could forget The Big Wheel! Burning out the front plastic wheel! Flying down the street and pulling the rear brake doing 360's...woohoo....damn... now Im going on ebay ....and gunna go buy everything and relive my childhood!

quadfamily
07-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Evil Knevil stuff, trains, Johnny Bench batter up, my first schwinn

Syrus
07-01-2004, 10:46 AM
This was only about 7 years ago, but i will never forget the morning i woke up and saw a brand new XR100 sitting in my living room. What an awsome present that was, and then i also got a Nintendo64 !! that was the year i got spoiled, i miss those day :blah:

Regular_Joe
07-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Transformer - Optimus Prime (the tractor trailer guy)

400ex28
07-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Syrus
This was only about 7 years ago, but i will never forget the morning i woke up and saw a brand new XR100 sitting in my living room. What an awsome present that was, and then i also got a Nintendo64 !! that was the year i got spoiled, i miss those day :blah:

lol ^^^

:p

250rAL
07-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Karizz
I remember getting a Verti-Bird Helicopter circa @1973 and who could forget The Big Wheel! Burning out the front plastic wheel! Flying down the street and pulling the rear brake doing 360's...woohoo....damn... now Im going on ebay ....and gunna go buy everything and relive my childhood!

Yeah, Verti-Bird! I was gonna say that. And remember Smash-Up Derby? Those toys lasted for YEARS and were still working when they got sold on yard sales. How many toys can you say that about nowadays?

Ralph
07-01-2004, 11:04 AM
i remember one year i asked for a remote control car for christmas quite along time ago and my parents were seperated at time and both bought me one. So when it came to christmas eve i opened my moms, said cool and u know how little kids are: "Oh man, this thing is awesoommmmmeee". so then i opened another present and saw another car, took it out and being a little brat i was like, "MOm dads is so much better that yours, yours succks".

Man was that fun. Oh yeah it was a kick *** car too...

and you cannot forget hungry hungry hippos

400ex28
07-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

and you cannot forget hungry hungry hippos

rotflmfao :p ohhh yeah i remember them lol

Karizz
07-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Knockem Sockem Robots! Remember SLIME ?

Tommy 17
07-01-2004, 04:12 PM
lionel train set... i had tracks goin all over my house:macho

Dan_Guetter
07-01-2004, 04:20 PM
DOOM for PC back in 96

Most memorable christmas.......

Quad18star
07-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Getting every single Ninja Turtles thing .... the sewers , the blimp , all the turtles .... man that was one wikkid christmas !!!!!!!

LTandRaptorider
07-01-2004, 04:37 PM
A digital watch when I was about 11 years old. The old Texas Intruments, push a button and the red LED lit up. I couldn't wait for 11:34 to come, so I could turn it upside down and spell a bad word! :D :p

PHAT400
07-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Stretch Armstrong and the Green monster, The bionic man (standard GI JOE size) with the hole in his head to see with his bionic eye, and my schwinn Stingray 3 speed on the the nut rack bar.... Loved that bike. Mine was the dark blue...

:D

crday98
07-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you now have one nad kick coming to you:D
wow how did forget the infamous blue, yellow and red bigwheel?
i rember the fringies hangin off the bars and the ole 3-way yellow siren mounted on the center of the bars so i could be just like a cop on C.H.i.P.s:o
i also forgot the stretchable bionic man that had the jelly-like substance inside him if you cut him open and the evil knevil stunt cycle with the wind up ramp:blah:
the sad part is i think we had more fun with those simple toys back then than the kids do these days with the more technology advanced stuff they have today.remember when you had to use your imagination and dig a hole to pretend you were an army man?now you have to turn on the x-box or ps2 to do such a thing:eek2:

250rAL
07-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Did you shoot your eye out?:D

YFZ450Ridr
07-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Tonka Trucks, i had so many of those and every christmas i got another one until i was about 9 then i got a new schwinn :D

LTandRaptorider
07-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
lionel train set... i had tracks goin all over my house:macho

like a stupid ***, I gave my Lionel train set to my ex's sister years ago... I'm sure it's trashed now. :( It was a nice set, lots of track and trestles and of course Plasticville. Oh well... hang on to yours, tommy!