PDA

View Full Version : Brake Probs Need Help

03-27-2002, 06:34 PM
I just put brake Pads on a 300ex an now I can`t get
the brakes to work I mash the pedal and it gos straight down no pressure. I have fluid in it I have tryed to bleed it this is
how i done it took off Fluid line from cailper and pumped until i got fluid and then put back on an contuined to pump no such luck
if any one can help i would apprectiate it thanks guys

03-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Leave the brake lines hooked up and bleed the brakes with the bleeder vavle...you got air in yo brakes dog....:D

MadcapEX
03-28-2002, 02:17 PM
Lossen the bleeder,slowly apply the brakes,before the lever bottoms out close the bleeder.Do this 2 or 3 times and youre done. By the way in case you dont know,the bleeder is the little bolt that looks like a grease fitting on the caliper.:)

03-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Anyone have a pic of this Bleeder no wonder i can`t get this thing
to work? Duh I have been trying to do this like you would with car brakes or micro fiche to find it?

MadcapEX
03-28-2002, 08:09 PM
I dont have pics but you bleed them the same way you bleed car brakes,if you bleed car brakes by taking the lines off,you are lookin for a crash.:huh

bigbadbrad
04-06-2002, 05:27 PM
same thing happened 2 me. I ordered a steelbraided line for the back. I've just been riding it with no rear brakes. I think it made me faster:D from using the front brakes more

PoopOna400EX
04-11-2002, 06:17 PM
Here's a pic of the bleeder valve. I wasn't good enough to clear it after 3 pump, it was more like 15-20 pumps for me.

1) Apply brake pedal solid down
2) Loosen Bleeder Valve until everything stops flowing (including fluid)
3) Tighten Bleeder Valve
4) Let off break pedal
5) Repeat until the break is firm

Make sure that your resevoir stays full, otherwise it will just get air in the lines again.

Good luck,

~Jason

Colin400EX
04-12-2002, 07:47 AM
One thing to note, is make sure the bleader valve isn't clogged.. Spent 30 minutes working on a friends bike before we figured that out..