PDA

View Full Version : Where to send works shocks revalved

400eeeexxxx
07-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know where to send my works shocks to get revalved for +2 a-arms. I live in the southeast in florida is there any place to go to get my shocks worked on close to where i live?
thx

07-01-2004, 08:16 AM
DeRisi Racing is one of the top shock guy in the east. he is located in southern North Carilina. 704-538-3512

400eeeexxxx
07-01-2004, 08:20 AM
thanks but he gave me an estimate of 220. Is that expensive. I bought the shocks for 200??

07-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Double chack with him and make sure that was not the Price for hi Millinium ReValve kit. he has a kit that completely replace the valveing in the shock and works sweet. That sounds like that is the price for it. Not just a revalve. I could be wrong though. It's been a while since I have paid him for any revalveing.

400eeeexxxx
07-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Thanks a lot Gnccer yah he said the millinuim kit uses valving and stuff similiar too the axis shocks. I am pretty sure im ill go with him for the shock work. I am going to get the millinium kit. If it is simialr to axis piston desighn i bet it ell be good because my axis rear is great. Thanks.

Pappy
07-01-2004, 08:40 AM
id also say Derisi for a works rebuild. He usually has everthing in-stock and his work is top notch. I have been happy with the work he has done for me:D

07-01-2004, 08:56 AM
I have that kit in a set of works shocks and I was very happy with them while I ran them. you could also PM Quadziila on the site here he has a front set of works with that kit in them and loves them. just a fyi if you want to get some other fellings on the shocks

rollie
07-01-2004, 09:03 AM
another place is factory connection up in new hamshire..i dont know if they would be good tho because there more for dirt bikes but i know some that races a yz250f with stock rebuild shocks from FC and he says there awsome:)

Quadzilla
07-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
I have that kit in a set of works shocks and I was very happy with them while I ran them. you could also PM Quadziila on the site here he has a front set of works with that kit in them and loves them. just a fyi if you want to get some other fellings on the shocks

Well I honestly cannot compare mine to anything other than the stock shocks, but going from stock to these Works with the DeRisi Pro Mil kit and DeRisi rezzies (adjustable) is like night and day compared to the stock CRAPOLA! I never knew how bad the stockers were until I got these. I bought mine used off of Ebay.

That covers the front end, now onto the rear. I had Santo revalve my stock rear. Again, WOW, what a difference. No more pogo over bumps, much better valving. Jump landings are much softer without bottoming. With the stock suspension the quad used to come down like a ton of bricks. Not anymore! I did the fronts and the rear at the same time. I recommend you do the same because they both have quite a bit more sag than the stockers and if you don't do both together, one end of your quad will sit up too high. Now that my overall ride height and center of gravity is lowered, my quad is MUCH less prone to two-wheeling in tunrs at high speed. Santo only charged me $175 for the rear plus shipping. He serviced and re-valved the shock but said I would not need a new spring given my weight and riding style (200 lbs and agressive trail/XC riding with an occasional but rare trip to the MX track). I got the fronts used off Ebay off of an EX-GNCCer named Terry Gregg for $370. Got lucky on that price! :-) He had just had them serviced and also gave me new bushings to boot!

400eeeexxxx
07-01-2004, 09:24 AM
thanks

Out_Sider
07-01-2004, 09:52 AM
this winter im hoping to send Derisi my front and rear works shocks, and have him do the pro millenium kit. how much of a difference can i expect to feel with these when the works like they are feel awesome already?

07-01-2004, 09:59 AM
it will definatly be a noticable difference!!!!!!!

Florida400EX
07-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Where in Southeast FL? I live in WestPalm Beach.

Toadz400
07-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Do you HAVE to call him, or can you just fill out the suspension sheet on their site and just send it in? It says they will call you back if you are getting it revalved. How are you supposed to pay for it? Credit card or money order?

I don't think I want to spend too much money calling the guy way out in North Carolina, our phone company rips us off...

dynofox
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't know if anyone uses them on here but in our area (central NY) hygear is the place to go for shock valving and servicing. He is well known for his work on snowmobile shocks and set-ups. Here is there site:

http://www.hygearsuspension.com/index.html