PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problem

Punk'd
07-01-2004, 01:12 AM
Hey guys im haveing some computer trouble. Both of my cd drives are not under "My Computer" anymore. I was messing with the wires and unpluged both drives and now they are totally gone. I have everything plugged in and I go under "My Computer" and there is no D drive or anything at all. I have no clue what to do so can someone please help me? Thanks

Randy

Punk'd
07-01-2004, 03:51 AM
Please anyone?:confused:

p@iNn3ck
07-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Double check the power cable and the ide cable, make sure both are plugged in correctly (red stripe towards power) and that its plugged into the mobo correctly (in ide slots). Also make sure u didnt remove/change the master/slave jumpers on the drives.
You could also check the bios to make sure they are being recognized (more than likely setting to auto will detect them, make sure it isnt set to "none")

or if all else fails, drop it by my work! :devil:

YFZ450Ridr
07-01-2004, 12:46 PM
what you should do is buy a dell then you can say 'DUDE I GOT A DELL!!!!'

Punk'd
07-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Well the power cords have to be plugged in correctly because they both open and close..

And how do I check and make sure I didnt remove anything?

Please help

LTandRaptorider
07-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Well the power cords have to be plugged in correctly because they both open and close..

And how do I check and make sure I didnt remove anything?

Please help

Well, you probably have it plugged in right, since power is going to the drive. Try a complete shutdown and re-boot again. If it still isn't recognized, you can go to control panel- Printers and other hardware- and add hardware in the drop down on the left. Are you running Windows XP? Follow the steps in add hardware, and don't open the case on your pc again! :p

Punk'd
07-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I dont understand this at all.. My disk drives do not show as connected but they work fine..:confused: thanks everyone for the help does anyone have another hunch on what this can be?

Punk'd
07-02-2004, 01:39 AM
bump:(

p@iNn3ck
07-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
My disk drives do not show as connected but they work fine..:confused:

By "work fine" do you mean they have power only, or if u put in a cd, it works too?? What OS are u using? Check in Device Manager under cd/dvd drives and see if anything is listed. Also, were they listed in the bios?

Punk'd
07-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
By "work fine" do you mean they have power only, or if u put in a cd, it works too?? What OS are u using? Check in Device Manager under cd/dvd drives and see if anything is listed. Also, were they listed in the bios?

Only power and I have no clue how to do the other stuff you have said but i dont understand why they dont hsow up under my computer..