PDA

View Full Version : Wiseco 440 kit tech?

KJS
03-27-2002, 05:24 PM
:confused: My engine tech says: the comp on the piston was to low had to remill to get back up to 10.5\1 it was off .0035 had to get it even does this sound right ? Or am I getting the shaft Also had to degree the web cam ? I feel like Im getting the shaft. But on a positive note he did say the head looks great and he wants to ride it when it's done. Help a fellow ex rider out tell me the facts.:confused: :confused:

Leo
03-27-2002, 06:01 PM
there was a fairly in depth topic on advertised vs. actual compression ratios for many of the aftermarket pistons (see the 'decking the cylinder' thread in this forum..

if in fact they had to do some machine work to bring the cr to 10.5 to 1, then they would have to degree the camshaft (changing the distance between the crank + cam sprockets changes the camshaft timing)..

given the sketchy details it sounds like they were doing things right..

Leo

Claas900
03-27-2002, 07:04 PM
Yes,changing the distance between the crank + cam sprockets changes the camshaft timing,so I'v been looking for a way to degree the cam in.Other then just sloting the holes in the cam gear.But the only thing I have really came up with is that Curtis Sparks offere's a timing chain for around $100.00 but I dont know if it will let you ajust the cam timeing,but I think it is a roller chain?Guess a person could call him and ask if he wanted to know about if,or were does he get the chain from? Thanks

Leo
03-27-2002, 07:16 PM
sparks sells a heavy duty timing chain.. it really doesn't change the cam timing though..

your only real options are to modify the cam/sprocket, or buy an adjustable one.. I saw one advertised somewhere, but I can't remember at the moment.. XRsonly maybe..?

Leo