PDA

View Full Version : 2-Stroke on the Trails

LittleD
06-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Prolly at the end of this summer i'm getting a Tecate 3 motor for my Quadsport frame i have. I have always ridden four stroke. I have rode a 2 stroke a little but it was a blaster just up and down the rode. So my question is, how is it different riding a 2-stroke in the woods compared to a 4-stroke. I heard you have to keep the revs up or you will foul plugs and all that. Any advice, or tips would be appreciated. Thanks

LTandRaptorider
06-30-2004, 09:04 PM
A Tecate 250 in a quadsport frame?!:eek2: Let me know how that works out. If jetted properly, you shouldn't have a problem fouling plugs. I don't even carry a spare plug for my Lt, never been an issue. The biggest difference is with a 4-stroke, you can lug the engine without having to slip the clutch. You'll want to keep the revs up a little more on the 2-stroke. I actually like my 2-stroke better in the woods. A nice advantage with the 2-stroke is you don't need much of a run before a hill-climb... but keep a finger over the clutch lever in case the RPMs drop to much as you go up. ;)

TGW_400ex
06-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by LittleD
Prolly at the end of this summer i'm getting a Tecate 3 motor for my Quadsport frame i have. I have always ridden four stroke. I have rode a 2 stroke a little but it was a blaster just up and down the rode. So my question is, how is it different riding a 2-stroke in the woods compared to a 4-stroke. I heard you have to keep the revs up or you will foul plugs and all that. Any advice, or tips would be appreciated. Thanks

I thot three wheeler motors weren't counter balanced? have fun havin your hands go numb from the vibration

LittleD
06-30-2004, 09:27 PM
I bought the frame off my buddy, and he had an 82R Motor in it, and he never said nething about it vibrating, but i dunno.

fastblaster2002
07-01-2004, 10:00 AM
i have a blaster and before i got it my dad had it...im one to go fast but my dad just puts around pretty much...he gets it goin every once and a while though

my dad had the 02 blaster since they started releasing the 03's and i just got it about 2-3 months ago

we have the stock plug in it...never changed one...it runs great

250rAL
07-01-2004, 11:06 AM
I have NEVER fouled a plug. And you should see some of the trails through tight woods and steep hills that I've travelled.

LittleD
07-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Good deal.....also LTandRaptorrider you said that in some cases on a 2-stroke you will have to slip the clutch....is this hard on the clutch or what? I heard it was but i dunno for sure....thanks

FTR250Rnif
07-01-2004, 04:06 PM
i love my 2 stoke in the woods. I dont know what id do if I went back to a four stroke

bradley300
07-01-2004, 08:35 PM
i wont go back to a fourstroke until thats all thats left!

fastblaster2002
07-02-2004, 11:36 PM
same here...i love my 2 stroke nothing like that powerband and i just love that sound

BRAAAAP!