PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get my 400ex seat holder bact together

michaelrsmith
06-30-2004, 07:08 PM
If anyone knows a site I can go to on this problem above that shows the design of how the spring fits or knows exactly how the springs and part go back onto the seat it would be appreciated. I took it off about a month ago and just now got my seat cover installed and now I forgot how to get the holder to go back in place so I don't fly off the bike.

Any help is much appreciated,

Micheal Smith

Tommy 17
06-30-2004, 07:29 PM
this is the best i can do for ya...

put the RED dot into the lil hole on the seat...

put the green, blue, brown dots together and it should work... brown is towards the front of the seat also...

if this don't work for u i'll go take a picture of my actual seat and u can tell from that...

michaelrsmith
06-30-2004, 08:05 PM
If you have a digital camera, I would sure appreciate a picture. I am normally better than this and will more than likely go DUH! but I still do not get it and have taken some time looking at the diagram.

Thanks,
Micheal Smith

Tommy 17
06-30-2004, 08:18 PM
no problem...

the handle goes towards the back of the fender...

Tommy 17
06-30-2004, 08:20 PM
i circled in blue...

the spring goes under the clamp and into the seat...

then handle goes threw the spring and then connects on the verticle part with the hook...

Tommy 17
06-30-2004, 08:21 PM
another pic

michaelrsmith
06-30-2004, 08:23 PM
I appreciate it, I went and looked at it again after I posted and figured it out and said DUH!. I appreciate you sending the picture though. I have not been a member for long but there are some really good people on this site that I ahve bought from, talked with, and exchanged info. You are one of those good people and your help was appreciated.

Thanks and let me know if your in the Georgia area riding sometime,

Micheal Smith

TC426EX
06-30-2004, 10:49 PM
The stock seat latch sucks ***... Do yourself a favor and invest in a Rath Racing or an OMF racing seat latch...