PDA

View Full Version : carb needle problem

dasheek
06-30-2004, 06:40 PM
ok so the main neddle in my carb has "come undone" Like the needle has come up out of the hole and moved to the side. I have had this happen a couple times beofre. Since the needle comes out the bike will run and low throttle but when you give it gas at like 1/2 or more it cuts out. Has anyone else had this problem. This is like the 3rd time it has happened to me i just usually put the neddle back in the hole and figure ah it was a fluke. Is there a fix for this?? Help would be great becuase i would not like this to happen again.

thanks matt

cals400ex
06-30-2004, 07:57 PM
i assume your referring about the jet needle?? it says B44A on it. you must have a problem. possibly your clip is bad. or, the 2 screws holding the needle down in place are coming out.

dasheek
06-30-2004, 08:07 PM
the clip is good it is still on the needle. The two screws don't hold the needle down they hold the little metal pice to the slide and then conect to the arm. The needle just kind of sits inside the hole and on top of the plate that the 2 screws go into.

cals400ex
06-30-2004, 08:14 PM
yeah, the 2 screws hold the metal plate down too, but this holds the needle down and prevents it from coming out. if the screws are coming out, i would just go get new screws and tighted them down. if it happens again, you could try some thread sealer on the threads too.