PDA

View Full Version : V-Star 650

Rdhanded2
06-30-2004, 04:08 PM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1340/V-Star6-01.jpg
I know, I know....... it's a yamaha. But I found a 2001 650 Classic with only 800 miles on it. This is just a generic pic I found on the net, but it looks similar. It has cobra pipes, corbin (sp) seat and a few other goodies. It was lady owned, and she can't ride it because it is too big. Anyone had one? What is the virdict on them? And yes, the mileage is correct. It's not a scam, I know the person. Just wondering how the bikes are.

Regular_Joe
06-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Get a real bike you pu$$y .... j/k.

Honestly a cruiser like that would suite me just fine. Overall, I'd bet you love it. Riding motorcycle kicks ***. Its a damn addicting hobby.

I have a CBR F4i. I love it. I just got my girlfriend a GZ250. Pretty wimpy but she is totally taking to it. After taking it for a quick spin, it makes me want a cruiser too. Depending on my mood, and how I wanna ride, I could ride the bike that suited that style. Kinda like having a 4x4 and a sport quad. Each has its place and fun.

I was going to get a 300Ex this summer, but I spent $600 on the MSF class for my gf, then bought her the GZ250. She loves riding it so its worked out well. Hell, she even asks me to go riding now.

I just rented a U-Haul trailer to take both our bikes up to my parents for the long weekend. Both my parents have bikes. My brother as well as my aunt and uncle are also showing up w/ their bikes. We plan on all cruising the Adirondacks. Should be good times ....

Get the bike, enjoy it, and have someone snap a pic of that shiEt eating grin that will be on your face for the rest of the summer ......

Rdhanded2
06-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Ya I want it bad. But there is that little voice saying "do you really need it?" Hell no I don't need it. That's why I want it! Same with my quad. The woman has a sh*t fit everytime she sees me buying stuff for the quad, but it was here before her (will probably be here after her too) so too damn bad.

My buddy just got a 01 or 02 CBR F4i, can't remember which. It is sweet as hell. Silver with black graphics. I am just too big for the sport bikes, and am not comfortable on them. I am 6'3", and 250lbs, so you see where I am coming from.

Thanks for the advice!

Regular_Joe
06-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Ya gotta work her into the plans. Have her pick something close (like a 2 hr drive) that she wants to see. Then you go there .... stopping here and there on the way etc. Stay there 3 hrs or so and head home. Generally trying to take a different route of course. It could be anything, a park, the zoo, a festival, some crazy relatives, etc... Taking simple little rides to go get ice cream or something helps too. Worked for me anyway. Now my gf has her own bike and even asks me to go riding.

From personal experience. If you get to the point of having her learn to ride, pay and have her take the MSF course. She gets to learn to drive, learns tons of good riding tips, practices them, and will probably really like it. Plus theres the added benefit that she isn't mad at you and arguing about trying to teach her. The instructor can take the abuse ... :D

jerry-89-250R
06-30-2004, 07:07 PM
the v-star is a great bike, but my be a little small for you "unless it's your first street bike" only you will know if it fits you,

Rdhanded2
07-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Well, I got it and I really like it. It is loud as hell, and runs great. With only 800 miles on a 2001 I thought what the hell. I didn't tell the fiance I was getting it, just said we were going out to run errands. To my suprise, she was not mad at all. She actually likes it, although she says she will never get on it. She'll come around, and until then I can pic up some strange!